Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How to stop terrorism?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to stop terrorism?  (Read 2814 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 11:28:04 PM »

Thank you Ollie for posting that.  Those are beautiful, uplifting, and hopeful words of wisdom.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 11:41:14 AM »

Ollie -
I absolutely love Psalms 37.  
31.  The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

As far as stopping terrorists - NUKE 'EM.  Angry   Grin
The heat flash they feel during detonation is nothing compared to the heat they're in danger of feeling in the hereafter.  

Terrorists are evil.  They aren't 'freedom fighters'.  I believe in good vs. evil.  Jesus didn't ignore evil.  Jesus killed evil (via running it off a cliff, for instance).  Jesus still kills evil with HIS shead Blood.

God means for man to kill evil - not analize it and coexist with it.  If that's 'hate speach' then I'm guilty of being hateful.  I hate terrorist's actions.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 03:33:14 PM »

Hmmmmm...... this is a good one. I'll relate a story I heard during a sermon that the preacher stated was true.

A woman was home alone while her husband was working. A man with a rep for being quite violent busted in and proceeded to rape her. She didn't forcibly resist as she felt that he would kill her. Well, he was going to kill her anyway cuz that was his nature. But when he was done, she preached to him the Gospel. I can't remember the exact words she said, (long time ago I heard this), but the "killer" told her that she was lucky because it was her Jesus that saved her from being killed.

The guy got caught and convicted of the crime and sent to jail. So the woman (victim) AND her husband proceeded to minister to this man in jail. Eventually he became born again, was released from jail, and this forgiving couple took him into their home!!!!

Now in the other side of the coin. If ANYBODY makes an attempt to do harm to my wife, you better make sure I'm not in the vicinity. Cuz I'll break your bones to get you off and away from my wife. You see, I have a covenant with her, and that covenant says I protect her.

Now I'll still love you, and I'll even pray for your healing or your resurrection from the dead, but don't be touching my wife! And the same goes for my children.

But notice in the above example, the ministering took place AFTER the outlaw was incarcerated. So I say lock them up first, THEN minister Christ to them.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 08:47:21 AM by ZakDar » Logged

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 11:28:38 AM »

Along the stopping terrorism line...
I noted that a US Representative from Colorado actually called for the destruction of Mecca if Islamofascists set off a nuke in the USA.

Now - I know that in an earlier post in this thread I said "nuke 'em", but a day or so I read a comment on another website that made the point/asked the question -

"If destroying Mecca is justified because of the actions of some muslims, wouldn't the bombing of the Vatican be justified by the British because IRA terrorists are all Catholic?"

That made me stop and think...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 09:43:04 AM »

"
Along the stopping terrorism line...
I noted that a US Representative from Colorado actually called for the destruction of Mecca if Islamofascists set off a nuke in the USA.

Now - I know that in an earlier post in this thread I said "nuke 'em", but a day or so I read a comment on another website that made the point/asked the question -

"If destroying Mecca is justified because of the actions of some muslims, wouldn't the bombing of the Vatican be justified by the British because IRA terrorists are all Catholic?"

That made me stop and think..."[/sub]

No, bombing is not justified.  I could never agree with bombing those sites.

But I tried a little substitutions myself with parts of a Time article on the London attacks.

I have changed the names and places to make substitutions marked like *().

"At about 10:30 p.m., on July 7, the parents of *(John Doe) called police to report that their 18-year-old son was missing.  He had told them he was going to
*(Los Vegas) 'with some mates'; and they hadn't heard from him.  
"Although locals claimed not to have noticed anything unusual, all three men, in hindsight, had show proclivities for radical *(Christianity).  After *(John Doe) got into some fights at his racially divided school, he went to *(The Vatican) on a pilgrimage with his father, who then sent thim to study in a
*(monanstery) in *(Canada), hoping the teen would gain discipline.  When *(Joe Doe) returned to *(Phoenix), he grew a beard and began dressing in traditional *(Amish) clothes.  

"In *(Phoenix) the nexus for their slide over the edge appears to have been a youth-outreach project that was an offshoot the government-funded *(Our Youth) community center.  
*(Joe Doe) and *(other terrorist) regularly played football there.  *(older terrorist) was described as an influential father figure to them."

Has this scenario happened to many Christian families who provided their children with a Christian education?  Who knew who their children were associating with?  Who knew what ideologies their children were being taught in religious instruction?

Are any mainline Christian churches associated with recruitment of terrorist cells?   Would people let their church be used that way?  Would Christians give money to unregistered charities that funded terrorist activities?  Would Christian youth workers be allowed to recruit children and young adults to be suicide bombers?

At worst, I can think of a few rogue Christian groups who were tainted with evil:  Jonestown,  Branch Davidians.  They succeeded in killing off their congregations, law enforcements officers and some other innocent people including a Senator.  But I do not believe they committed random acts of terrorism.  

London police chased down and executed a suspected suicide bomber who was wearing a "padded coat" just this morning.  This is the way all suicide bombers should be treated, that is if they can be caught in time.  

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the