Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is It Right?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is It Right?  (Read 21920 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2003, 05:52:17 PM »

Is It Right?

1.To tell sinners they can merit the favor of God by doing good works?

2.To extract money from people using the tithe?

3.To tell people they cannot understand the Bible?

4.To comfort sinners with thoughts of purgatory?

5.To teach people that water baptism can save them from eternal judgement?

6.To teach seeking saints from a corrupt text like the NIV?

7.To teach infant baptism?

8.To teach Calvinism?

9.To believe in annihilation?

10.To teach someone today can be a part of the 144,000?

11.To teach that saved people are "spiritual Israel"?

No, none of the above and hundreds more are not right according to the Bible but are practiced everyday... Christ will come again, what will he find you doing?

By Pastor Doug Dodd s.b.g.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 09:06:36 PM »

Is It Right?

1.To tell sinners they can merit the favor of God by doing good works?

2.To extract money from people using the tithe?

No

3.To tell people they cannot understand the Bible?

No

4.To comfort sinners with thoughts of purgatory?

I don't see that the bible has a lot to say about purgatory, but I wouldn't have thought it a very comforting idea anyway.

5.To teach people that water baptism can save them from eternal judgement?
No

6.To teach seeking saints from a corrupt text like the NIV?

Eh?

7.To teach infant baptism?

Yes

8.To teach Calvinism?

9.To believe in annihilation?

10.To teach someone today can be a part of the 144,000?

11.To teach that saved people are "spiritual Israel"?

No, none of the above and hundreds more are not right according to the Bible but are practiced everyday.

Oh, sorry, was that all supposed to be a rhetorical question?

Christ will come again, what will he find you doing?

I'm sure he'll find us all doing things he never meant.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 09:22:27 PM »

What is wrong with the NIV I always read the KJV but my friend and I run a bible study and he reads the NIV and I read the KJV.  The NIV says the same thing.  I haven't found a dispute and I think that the NIV is easier to understand.

Kris

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
BDoggy

Have you heard? I broke up with Mary Jane! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 10:37:10 PM »

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new international version, it happens to be my personal favorite translation. there's nothing wrong with most other translations either, and i am certainly not suggesting that the NIV is the superior translation, but there is definitely nothing wrong with it; it is not in any way corrupt. what are you basing this claim on?

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 12:07:50 AM »

This “pastor” sounds like an overzealous nut case. “corrupt text like the NIV” What? NIV is a fine translation. A few idiots found one verse they didn’t agree with, and they tell the world the NIV is corrupt.

What does he mean by “to extract money from people using the tithe” Does he mean for personal gain, or is he referring to tithe in general?  

And what is wrong with meriting the favor of God by doing good works? It is called sowing and reaping, and it is a biblical principal! You do good things, you get favor, you do bad things, you are punished, it the way God made things, what is so wrong about that? No, you can not get into heaven by good works alone, but he didn’t say that now did he?

What does he mean by “Calvinism”? Is he talking about predestination? But what about the anti-Episcopal form of church government they support? A vote against Calvinism is a vote for Catholicism and the Catholic Mass, the same Catholicism that he clearly attacks in questions 4 and 7. So, what is this guy?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 12:10:25 AM »

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new international version, it happens to be my personal favorite translation. there's nothing wrong with most other translations either, and i am certainly not suggesting that the NIV is the superior translation, but there is definitely nothing wrong with it; it is not in any way corrupt. what are you basing this claim on?

Yeah, I'm in agreement with this one, too. Also I'm not sure what the problem is with number 11 either, since it is a true statement. (The entire book of Ephesians deals with this topic, particularly the first couple of chapters.) But the others seem pretty well on target, and thank you for posting it. It's good food for thought!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 09:38:30 AM »

I'm pretty suspicious of the NIV.  My impression is it tells us more what we would like to hear, than what we need to hear or should hear.  Just a hunch.

I use the RSV mostly; and  KJ sometimes--it's so beautifully written, poetic(as opposed to "pathetic"--if you catch my drift--hehe).  RSV is one of the three recommended by scholars for biblical exegesis; I don't recall what the other two are--perhaps The Jerusalem Bible.

"Broken" here knows.  She's a Divinity student at *censored*

I get the impression the NIV, like other recent knockoffs, is to pander to the itching ears of the rebellious masses--i.e., don't give'm what they need to hear, or should hear, but only what they want to hear.

Sigh.

But I'm in general agreement with most of A4C above.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 07:25:09 PM by Symphony » Logged
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 01:50:04 PM »

Well, the question with NIV is how closely does it follow the oldest and most reliable manuscripts.

I gather Broken knows in advance that you're telling the world that?  Undecided

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 02:15:34 PM »

Quick! If you are at home or if you have your Bible near at hand get it and come back... I’ll wait for you. Good...
Turn to this verse: Mat 18:11

Now try this one: Mark 7:16

How about this one: Acts 8:37

Just one more for now: Romans 16:24

Just for fun go look at this verse: Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Does the bible you use leave out the underlined words above? Does your bible leave out those verses listed above? Does your preacher, pastor, pope or potentate preach out of a bible with missing verses and missing words?

Just how blind are you willing to become before you get your eyes opened?

There are over 5000 differences between the "modern" versions and the B-I-B-L-E of the PRO-TEST-ANT Reformation, the King James Bible. You can Wimp out, Sell out or GET out, which one will it be?

Prov 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

PS... You will see this again at the judgement!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 02:20:12 PM »

Under the Law of Moses (Num 18:26) , Israel was to give 10 percent of everything, not just money. This is where the tithe concept comes from, tithe equals ten percent.
Under the Kingdom program (Luke 18:22 & Acts 2:44,45) they were to sell ALL they had and bring it to the church. Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, were killed because they lied saying they had given all. The verses (Acts 5) go on to say great FEAR came on all the churches because of this.

Paul says we are not UNDER THE LAW but under grace. We do not collect the tithe today. We do not pass the plate. We do not tell our folks how much to give.

Paul tells us: 2 Cor 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Today, in the dispensation of grace, we do not give because we HAVE to but because we want to..... Why are you giving???

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 02:25:25 PM »

No, not even if you wanted to. Why? Because to go to heaven you have to be perfect.
More perfect than Ivory soap which is 99.44% pure soap.

In fact the Bible says the more you try to work your way to heaven the more you owe!!

Notice this verse: Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

The more you try to earn grace the more it cost you.

You cannot earn what God wants to give away. He wants to give you eternal life.

You cannot do enough good works, prayers, good deeds or such to buy it. It is only available to those who will believe the gospel.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Those preachers, priest and popes that are telling you to work for salvation are telling you a lie.

Why not get back to the Bible and believe the Word Of God not the word of men.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 02:26:55 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 02:29:39 PM »

I Corinthians 13 is in the Bible, too. As far as the law passing away, it hasn't, as proven by these scriptures:

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Romans 3:31

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Romans 6:1-2

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. James 2:18

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26

It is only the *ceremonial* law which we do not use. It hasn't disappeared from God's word, but has been *fulfilled* in Christ.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2003, 02:33:58 PM »

Which Bible Is The Right Bible?

The most popular bible on the market right now is the New International Version also known as the N.I.V. but is it the right bible for you? At BBC we believe, practice and teach the King James Bible is God’s word without error. We cannot say that about the NIV. Let me show you…

This is the KJV reading of Col.1:14

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"

This is the NIV reading for the same verse.

"in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Here is the KJV reading for Acts 8:37

"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Here is the same reading for the same verse.

(blank)

The space above is blank because the NIV doesn’t have Acts 8:37. This is only 2 of over 5,000 differences between the NIV and the King James Bible. The differences are "textual not translational" in nature. This simply means the text from which the NIV was taken is different than the text of the KJB. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t trust a Bible that leaves out the blood of Christ and omits entire verses. Would you? You may contact us for more information on "manuscript evidence".

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 02:38:07 PM »

Sure, I would be very much interested in verifiable, technical information on the reason for these differences. Absolutely.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 02:42:02 PM »

Which Bible Is The Right Bible? Part 2

Last time we demonstrated how the New International Version is a corrupt bible and not to be trusted by BIBLE believing Christians. Here is another one of 5, 000 plus errors for your consideration.

The King James says… Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

The NIV says… Mark 1:2 It is written in Isaiah the prophet: "I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way"--

The NIV is wrong!!! The KJV is right when it says in the prophets. The quote is from Isaiah and Malachi.

The differences are "textual not translational" in nature. This simply means the text from which the NIV was taken is different than the text of the KJB. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t trust a Bible that leaves out the blood of Christ and omits entire verses. Would you? You may contact us for more information on "manuscript evidence".

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the