Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "You Shall Not Surely Die"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "You Shall Not Surely Die"  (Read 3205 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2004, 11:54:03 AM »

This is Satan's first lesson on disobedience to God's Law......that you can commit sin, and still remain in favor with God, and not suffer the consequences of disobedience.

And from that time in Eden, to the present time....Satan has carried that thought, into the minds of men.

Satan has promoted the idea that God is too loving to punish transgression....ignoring the fact that God balances love with Justice.

Had the Christian world understood this....God would not have had Matthew 7:21-23 written:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

7:22   Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  

7:23   And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity".

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:55:54 AM »

Keep in mind that God had Matthew 7:21-23 written to warn us against false prophets and to warn us against ccomplacency. The "christian" world as you called it would be better phrased as the Jewish...as there were none called by the name Christian when Christ spoke those words. God is loving, but He is also the righteous Judge. God will punish those who are in transgression. Again you have to distinguish the difference between chastening and judgement. When God chastens someone, He chasens His Child and puts us on back on the straight and narrow path. In His judgements, He will pass judgement on those unbelievers who are not saved and have not been born again. As Christians we will be safe from this judgement. This wrath, because we are now washed in the blood of Jesus. Our sins have been forgiven, and apart from God we can do nothing. and satan only had part of the statement "you surely shall not die" correct. What he failed, in his arrogance, to understand, was that if we are born again and live under GRACE, then we shall have a work within us that Christ began and we shall want to do God's Will. Before regeneration however, it is impossible to do God's Will and to accept Him as Lord and Savior. Keep in mind that our fleshly bodies shall die...that's what is the only thing that we share with unbelievers. We shall all die. OUr flesh that is. For the believer, we shall enter into eternity and stand before the Almighty in reverence and Awe and be judged...but not have HIs wrath poured upon us. For the unbeliever, the way isn't as pretty. It is in fact the complete opposite. They will be judged at some time in the future and shall suffer the second death...which is eternal seperation from God's presence. Also, you failed to put in your post the other words...why must you be so gloomy doomy silver...these next words would give any Christian hope. Check out the parable of the talents. In the parable we are given an example of good stewardship of God's kingdom, or to put it in simpler terms, we are given a prime example of what God will say when we step into Eternity and recieve our crowns to place at Jesus' feet. Check it out:

Matthew 25:14-30 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money. After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
"So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, "Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.' His lord said to him, "Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' He also who had received two talents came and said, "Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.' His lord said to him, "Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord."Then he who had received the one talent came and said, "Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
"But his lord answered and said to him, "You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
"For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

see in this parable we are shown that people in the kingdom of God have different ministries and contribute in different ways. Such is what makes up the Body of Christ as Christ as at the head. We see that in the parable 2 of the three servants were good stewards of their masters kingdom and money while he is away. This is a prime example that the Christian is to be good stewards of God's kingdom while Christ is away. So when He comes back, we can hear Him say "Well done, thy good and faithful servant" And we are only good stewards of GOd's kingdom if we follow His will and offer our bodies and ourselves to His work and not our own. Again, i say without God it is impossible to 1) keep his commandments. 2) be born again 3) come under conviction of the Holy Spirit. 4) Understand Scripture 5) have a relationship with the Creator 6) be forgiven of our sins 7) breathe and have life Cool know Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. So apart from God we can do nothing. So your statement that satan has promoted the idea that God is too loving to punish transgression is partly in error. God is loving. Even the Bible says that "While we were yet Sinners God still loved us" God will dispense Justice, don't fret over that...God's love is what sent Jesus to die in the first place and by His substitutionary death, we are set free from the judgement that will befall those who are not saved by Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. So think about your statements and make sure that they line up 100% with Scripture before you make as bold a statement that satan is behind the idea that God is too loving. Any serious student of God's Word will see that God is LOVE. and that from Him comes love. And any serious student of the Word will also see that even if we do disobey God or make a mistake we have been forgiven of it and we must acknowledge our sin and turn from it. Do keep in mind that as i'm talking, i am speaking about Christians first and foremost, if i mention unbelievers i will specify, but point being. There will be some who try to keep the commandments, who worship the Law (creation) instead of the Law Maker (The Creator). They will rely on their works and religion to get them Eternal Life. Much like the pharisees. Hence Matthew 7:21-23. The above is why Jesus spoke those words. He was warning against complacency and thus showing that salvation only comes through Him. Get it? OK i'm finished for the time being...but i'll be checking in to see what other crazy stuff is put here. God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Reba
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 09:04:11 AM »

They most certainly did die. Just as today man believes satains lies. To suggest they did not die would be to call the Lord God a lier. They died on the spot, latter they died a 'natural' death.

Man is dead in sin they surly did die.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 09:51:13 AM »

Amen, Jemidon.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 05:50:20 PM »

They both died  Spiritually (loosing there previlage to physically walk and talk with God). And Physically that sin has taken ahold of there physical life and the worlds that they would die not that day on the spot but througout generations they would degenerate physically as well as spiritually. That is why God decreed that man should not live forever but his life would be 120 years. God said that His spirit would not  live in human beings forever since mankind will eventually die because of his sins.

Smiley
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 09:43:17 AM »

in that day ,you will die .Every one from then to now .Died in that day .because a day to GOD is a 1000 years to us .No one ever lived a 1000 years on earth .but some came close ,but were not alowed to make it to 1000 on earth .but 2 have never died .but of course they are not on earth .but it is apointed to man [every man ]to die once at least as many of died more than once .my self also .BUT these 2 will come back and die .and be seen of the whole world on T.V.
But death in CHRIST JESUS is nothing ,as we just put off these rags of flesh ,and put on our new outfit or body .which will be like our LORD JESUS CHRIST BODY .
These rags of flesh ?Cause us great problems .Because ?we think they are us ?They are just rags hanging on us .They have little or no part with GOD .We place them too high .We let them rule over us ?They should NOT !

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 09:19:50 AM »

because the power to do this is in the name of JESUS CHRIST Anyone can use the name above every name .But we are to be led by HIS HOLY SPIRIT .BORN AGAIN .I don"t think that many are ?BECAUSE MANY are called ?FEW ARE CHOOSEN

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 01:39:51 PM »

But you're correct Silver Surfer, that men today don't think about the consequences of their sin.  They live ungodly lives with sin trailing behind them, yet they have no idea of the rude awakening when they cross over to the other side and have to face a God they spurned.

be blessed
But what is the most extreme problem...is the fact that most, in the Christian world of today will be lost !

As it is written:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

7:22   Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  
  7:23   And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity", (Matthew 7:21-23).

Those who are unwilling to accept the plain, cutting truths of the Bible are continually seeking for pleasing fables that will quiet the conscience. The less spiritual, self-denying, and humiliating the doctrines presented, the greater the favor with which they are received. These persons degrade the intellectual powers to serve their carnal desires.

Too wise in their own conceit to search the Scriptures with contrition of soul and earnest prayer for divine guidance, they have no shield from delusion. Satan is ready to supply the heart's desire, and he palms off his deceptions in the place of truth. It was thus that the papacy gained its power over the minds of men; and by rejection of the truth because it involves a cross, Protestants are following the same path. All who neglect the word of God to study convenience and policy, that they may not be at variance with the world, will be left to receive damnable heresy for religious truth.

Every conceivable form of error will be accepted by those who willfully reject the truth. He who looks with horror upon one deception will readily receive another. The apostle Paul, speaking of a class who "received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved," declares: "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12. With such a warning before us it behooves us to be on our guard as to what doctrines we receive.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 04:16:34 PM »

no ,they will not be lost ?They will in the great tribulation ,watch there familys beheaded and hurt ,then they too ,will be beheaded .because they have not followed the LORd now .As yiou may well know .millions will be saved in the great tribulation .They will see very clear then .

Reba
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 06:37:57 PM »

no ,they will not be lost ?They will in the great tribulation ,watch there familys beheaded and hurt ,then they too ,will be beheaded .because they have not followed the LORd now .As yiou may well know .millions will be saved in the great tribulation .They will see very clear then .

How will the works of a tribulation save a person. Does not salvation come from the Blood Jesus shed? Is there a different salvation then the Cross?
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 03:33:51 AM »

But you're correct Silver Surfer, that men today don't think about the consequences of their sin.  They live ungodly lives with sin trailing behind them, yet they have no idea of the rude awakening when they cross over to the other side and have to face a God they spurned.

be blessed
But what is the most extreme problem...is the fact that most, in the Christian world of today will be lost !

As it is written:

7:23   And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity", (Matthew 7:21-23).

Those who are unwilling to accept the plain, cutting truths of the Bible are continually seeking for pleasing fables that will quiet the conscience. The less spiritual, self-denying, and humiliating the doctrines presented, the greater the favor with which they are received. These persons degrade the intellectual powers to serve their carnal desires.

Too wise in their own conceit to search the Scriptures with contrition of soul and earnest prayer for divine guidance, they have no shield from delusion. Satan is ready to supply the heart's desire, and he palms off his deceptions in the place of truth. It was thus that the papacy gained its power over the minds of men; and by rejection of the truth because it involves a cross, Protestants are following the same path. All who neglect the word of God to study convenience and policy, that they may not be at variance with the world, will be left to receive damnable heresy for religious truth.

Every conceivable form of error will be accepted by those who willfully reject the truth. He who looks with horror upon one deception will readily receive another. The apostle Paul, speaking of a class who "received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved," declares: "For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12. With such a warning before us it behooves us to be on our guard as to what doctrines we receive.

Amen brother.

------------------------------------

Reba, I think Gary was refering to the times of the tribulation. During that time many 'fake' christians will realize that they are still here when the rapture takes place. There will be a deep conviction in them because they now see the truth of which they had denied previously. It is then that these people will truly be saved by the blood of Jesus.

As of now, there are millions of "christians" out there who do not know Jesus and are not saved. When the tribulation comes, these people will finally see the truth and be saved.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the