Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I Had An Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Had An Abortion  (Read 10512 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2004, 05:38:05 PM »

"A Message from Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.

Among many items offered in the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) online store is this T-shirt with the message, “I had an abortion.” This shirt was not created by PPFA, but we do offer it in our store.

The T-shirt delivers a message that is intended to confront and subvert the sense of shame surrounding abortion that has been so deliberately created by the anti-choice movement. "I had an abortion" is a statement that breaks a silence, and not a cavalier declaration.

One in three women will have an abortion by the time they are 45, yet abortion remains an unspoken reality in our society. For some women the choice to terminate a pregnancy is a decision they wish to keep private, while others want to share their experiences in order to let other women know that there is nothing shameful about exercising the right to choose abortion. The T-shirt is thus a way for women to take ownership of their personal experiences and to communicate their stories. We believe it is particularly important to help women do so now in the current political climate, when reproductive rights are under unprecedented attack and honest, open discourse is so desperately needed.

The anti-choice movement never yields in publicly discussing abortion. As part of their rhetoric, many anti-choice activists declare that they had abortions. Their motive is to place a scarlet letter in our minds and then to re-criminalize abortion; ours is to spark discussion and cast off shame.

Women who have abortions are the same women who have children, and they make both of those decisions with thought and heart and moral deliberation.

As an organization, Planned Parenthood does more to prevent unintended pregnancy and the need for abortion than any other group. Our belief that every pregnancy should be a wanted pregnancy and every child a wanted child is the very core of our mission. Reproductive rights and the ability to control one's own fertility are fundamental human rights. Our goal in selling this T-shirt is to remind people that abortion policy affects real people and that guaranteeing safe and legal abortion is critical to our rights and our health.

Anti-choice forces have never worked harder to shame women into silence about the realities of their lives. It is our duty to empower women who wish to share their experience with the venues to do so — free from the stigma, prejudice, and censorship others wish to impose."
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ppfastore/ihadabt.html

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 05:51:28 PM »

Gay pride. Abortion pride. I don't even want to know what's next!  Lips Sealed

And isn't this lovely......
I'mNotSorry.net was created for the purpose of showing women that exercising their legal right to terminate their pregnancy is not the blood-spattered guilt trip so many make it out to be. It is not intended to make women’s decisions for them, but to provide information to make the choice that will be best for them. This site exists to tell women that it’s okay not to feel sad or ashamed after an abortion. You are not a baby killer. You are not irresponsible. You are not selfish. And, above all, you are not evil.
http://www.imnotsorry.net/whythis.htm

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 05:55:19 PM »

And especially for our youth:

teenwire.com Rulers

Assortment of colors reads:

Does Size Matter?

Got Questions? Get Answers!

800-230-PLAN

Planned Farenthood Federation of America, Inc.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 05:59:48 PM »

Angry

• White lettering

• SEX ED 101

• TEENWIRE.COM

• Planned Parenthood logo of nested Ps on back

• Short sleeves

• 100 % cotton

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 11:05:30 PM »

OMGosh sincereheart , I cannot believe Planned Parenthood would go to this extreme.

I am Proud to Pro-Life, any Abortion performed is 1st degree Murder!

Blessings,  \o/

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 09:12:26 PM »

Cry
I suppose the root of this kind of blatant sin sick shirt is to continue to curb the small still voice in each of us, they (planned parent hood) are trying to stop the Holy Spirit from leading by desensatizing the word "abortion" instead of using the word murder.

It would be more truthful if it said

I murdered by baby,
         I was ashamed, but now I am
                    forgiven

musicllover
alliecat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 10:59:38 PM »

I am a very open minded young adult but I am embarressed by those around me of the same age who take this stuff so light hearted. Where did our parents go wrong? When did values and morals become less important in today's society?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 05:07:56 AM »

Cry
I suppose the root of this kind of blatant sin sick shirt is to continue to curb the small still voice in each of us, they (planned parent hood) are trying to stop the Holy Spirit from leading by desensatizing the word "abortion" instead of using the word murder.

It would be more truthful if it said

I murdered by baby,
                    forgiven

I murdered by baby,
                    forgiven

AMEN!!!!!

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 06:43:04 AM »

“Nothing is more important for the public wealth than to form and train up youth in wisdom and virtue. “
~Benjamin Franklin

“To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
~Theodore Roosevelt

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 02:05:22 PM »

&#8220;Nothing is more important for the public wealth than to form and train up youth in wisdom and virtue. &#8220;
~Benjamin Franklin

&#8220;To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.&#8221;
~Theodore Roosevelt

Thank you Sincereheart!! Those are wonderful Quotes!

Blessings sweetie,  \o/

Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 01:38:08 AM »

Recently I watched a TV program where a woman proudly announced that her organization had these T-shirts for sale on their web site. The woman was beaming with pride as she went onto relay the virtues of abortion in relation the the tremendous "struggle" these "brave" ladies have to endure in order to murder the helpless lives which have the misfortune of having to be trapped in the cold, dark womb of these "brave" women.

How may times have we seen some animal rights group spray-paint an unsuspecting fur coat wearing woman's garment, all in the name of animal rights!!!

These people have crap for brains! The main argument used is " No one has a right to tell a woman what to do with her own body" Huh?!!!! WHAT!!!??? No one is telling them what to do with THEIR bodies! It's the child's body we're talking about here folks! No one has the right to exterminate another life, regardless of how inconvenient it may be. I was adopted at four days old...I could have ended up being pried out with a coat hanger, and tossed into a garbage can!

These animals would rather murder the helpless child, that put it up for adoption! How sick is that? Our spineless government is to wimpy to make a law to make it illegal to murder an unborn child!!! LET'S GO!!

I'm sick to death of hearing the feeble argument about :when does life begin?" This is just a convenient way for those who want to feel 'good" about the murder of innocent little children. God did not invest upon us the miraculous gift of conception with a "cutoff" limit! Oh, it's ok to kill the unborn child at such and such a time my good people...

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God must look upon us and wonder what He has created. The murder of unborn children must make Jesus cry...and the many excuses we come up with to justify what is so obviously evil.

Anyone can make mistakes, some more devastating than others. For those who believe in Him and repent - all sins are forgiven. For those who stubbornly hold onto their murderous lies....Screaming and gnashing of teeth awaits you.

Bronzesnake
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 06:37:37 AM »

Recently I watched a TV program where a woman proudly announced that her organization had these T-shirts for sale on their web site. The woman was beaming with pride as she went onto relay the virtues of abortion in relation the the tremendous "struggle" these "brave" ladies have to endure in order to murder the helpless lives which have the misfortune of having to be trapped in the cold, dark womb of these "brave" women.

How may times have we seen some animal rights group spray-paint an unsuspecting fur coat wearing woman's garment, all in the name of animal rights!!!

These people have crap for brains! The main argument used is " No one has a right to tell a woman what to do with her own body" Huh?!!!! WHAT!!!??? No one is telling them what to do with THEIR bodies! It's the child's body we're talking about here folks! No one has the right to exterminate another life, regardless of how inconvenient it may be. I was adopted at four days old...I could have ended up being pried out with a coat hanger, and tossed into a garbage can!

These animals would rather murder the helpless child, that put it up for adoption! How sick is that? Our spineless government is to wimpy to make a law to make it illegal to murder an unborn child!!! LET'S GO!!

I'm sick to death of hearing the feeble argument about :when does life begin?" This is just a convenient way for those who want to feel 'good" about the murder of innocent little children. God did not invest upon us the miraculous gift of conception with a "cutoff" limit! Oh, it's ok to kill the unborn child at such and such a time my good people...

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God must look upon us and wonder what He has created. The murder of unborn children must make Jesus cry...and the many excuses we come up with to justify what is so obviously evil.

Anyone can make mistakes, some more devastating than others. For those who believe in Him and repent - all sins are forgiven. For those who stubbornly hold onto their murderous lies....Screaming and gnashing of teeth awaits you.

Bronzesnake

AMEN!!

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 12:43:46 AM »

Bronzesnake

AMEN!!

AMEN AND AMEN AGAIN!

musicllover
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 05:20:39 AM »

Ah, Planned Parenthood.....  Roll Eyes

“It's Only Normal” — Not!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Lee Duigon
August 1, 2004
"Warning: This review contains language and subject matter that may be offensive to some readers. In fact, if you're not offended, you should be."

Planned Parenthood has done it again. In the cause of "sex education," it has imposed on the families of Waco, Texas, a nasty little book entitled It's Perfectly Normal. The book is the text for a program called "Nobody's Fool," intended for grades 5–9, children 9–14 years old. [For more information about "Nobody's Fool," see the American Life League website, all.org.]

The book by Robie Harris, published by Candlewick Press, has the endorsements of all the usual suspects — Planned Parenthood, the American Library Association, the AIDS Action Committee, and the Unitarian Church. These groups are all well-known for their anti-Christian, anti-family agenda, and It's Perfectly Normal does them proud.

Planned Parenthood runs "sex education" programs in many communities and in most states. "Nobody's Fool," in Waco, is only one of them, and many texts besides It's Perfectly Normal are used elsewhere. Let it serve as a representative of the whole abominable mess.

The first thing that leaps out at the reader is the plethora of watercolor illustrations, many of them displaying very explicit frontal nudity, hairs and all. It's not exactly a Kama Sutra for children, but it comes close.

But the text is the real offender. For instance, did you know that the anus is "a sex organ" (pp. 23, 26)? * Did you know that the one and only reason people object to homosexuality is because "they think homosexuals are different … their views are often based on misinformation, not on facts" (pp. 17–18)?

Would you have believed it was possible to write a whole chapter about AIDS without once mentioning the extra high risk of HIV infection to which homosexuals expose themselves? Did you know that although "some religions call gotcha21 a sin," the "fact" is that "gotcha21 cannot hurt you" (p. 48)? I suppose those "religions" must be wrong.

On page 73, the author lists nine reasons to have an abortion, including: "The female did not intend or want to become pregnant." Not one reason is proposed for deciding not to have an abortion. This is also one of the few pages in the book without pictures. Wouldn't want to display the actual product of an abortion — a dead baby.

Interestingly, in pictures in which the characters are clothed while kissing, necking, etc., it's very difficult to determine any character's gender. You wouldn't think that was done on purpose, would you?

Nowhere in this book can we find even a suggestion that sexual behavior has a moral dimension. The closest the author comes to it is to remark on page 76 that sexual abuse is "always wrong." But we are offered no explanation as to why it is wrong. It's hard for moral imbeciles to explain morality.

It does make one wonder what's happened to the fathers of America. If any adult had placed such a book in my hands when I was ten years old, he would've had to leave town and never come back — because my father would have killed him.

Why don't fathers protect their children anymore from such assaults on their moral development? Where are the mobs of angry fathers? I say this because millions of fathers allow their kids to be doused with this poison every day in America's public schools. Don't they care? Or are they just a bunch of girlie men?

It's a key element of Chalcedon's philosophy that merely denouncing the ungodly is not enough. One must also have a plan to make the world more godly — and act on it.

Planned Parenthood — which gobbles up millions of taxpayer dollars every year — has programs like "Nobody's Fool" all over the country. It's Perfectly Normal probably can be found in your local public library. If you're in denial about what's being taught in the public schools today, you need to study this book. If your library doesn't have it, your library can get it for you from another library.

The American Life League website has a section on how to oppose Planned Parenthood and how to drive it out of your school district. Find out whether Planned Parenthood has infested your local schools; then learn how to combat it. You might also consider withdrawing your children from the public schools altogether.

Or, you can just lie back and try to be comfortable with your children being taught that "[t]he ancient Greeks thought that love between two men was the highest form of love" (p. 17)."

Note:
*Page numbers refer to 1996 paperback edition.

Lee Duigon is a Christian free-lance writer and contributing editor for the Chalcedon Report. He has been a newspaper editor and reporter and a published novelist.
http://www.chalcedon.edu/articles/0408/040801-2duigon.php

copyright © 2004 The Chalcedon Foundation • www.chalcedon.edu • All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 06:58:27 AM by sincereheart » Logged

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 12:11:03 PM »

Thank you again Sincereheart for keeping us informed. I just began my second year of collage and have begun intermediate algebra......but I found some new formula today.

planned parenthood = moral decay  Cry
planned parenthood = anti christ spirit
musicllover

musicllover
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the