Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Devil's Advocate: A Question for Tibby
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devil's Advocate: A Question for Tibby  (Read 1425 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2003, 10:15:11 PM »

Oooooky!  So, Tibby, is there ever a time that we stop obeying governmental authority?

(Anyone else can answer...I'm just dogging his dodging of this question posted earlier  Grin )

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 10:41:01 PM »

Oooooky!  So, Tibby, is there ever a time that we stop obeying governmental authority?

(Anyone else can answer...I'm just dogging his dodging of this question posted earlier  Grin )

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

I'll help get this started with a legal example. It is permitted in the law to resist an unlawful (illegal) arrest. However, I would caution all to be concerned and know what is or isn't an illegal arrest before resisting. One can't be charged with Resisting an illegal arrest.

From a Christian perspective, I would disobey an order that would violate Bible teaching and moral principles arising from that Bible teaching. From a police officer's perspective, I did disobey such orders on more than one occasion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 11:26:50 PM »

Not, dogging, nor dodging. I asked you to post it in a new topic, and you did. Grin Good boy, you get a Scooby snack Wink

When the law directly conflicts with the practice of our faith. Even the people against me admitted the case with Moore has some gray to it. When it is a clear cut, black and white case of the Government forcing you to sin, such as in the case of the worship of Idols in the Early Church.

BEP- Lets here a story or 2 about when you stood up for your faith! I'm sure you have a few good ones! Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 12:53:05 AM »

Not, dogging, nor dodging. I asked you to post it in a new topic, and you did.  Good boy, you get a Scooby snack

Rrank Rrou Rraggy!!

BEP- Lets here a story or 2 about when you stood up for your faith! I'm sure you have a few good ones!

Rritto!!!  Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 07:49:47 AM »

BEP- Lets here a story or 2 about when you stood up for your faith! I'm sure you have a few good ones! Smiley

Oklahoma Howdy to Tibby and Allinall,

It's unfortunate that many of the immediate examples that come to mind were very unpleasant. I really don't wish to go into details, but I'll give a couple of general examples.

I was upper level management and testified in open court against top level management. I was working for the same people days later.

I believed strongly in the moral and ethical treatment of police officers in disciplinary matters. I stood on their side when it was unfair numerous times, up to and including Arbitration where I again had to testify against my superiors.

The general, every day tasks included approving or disapproving of arrests. I did disapprove quite a few arrests over a 20 + year period of time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 08:59:19 PM »

Yes, when its decrees are ungodly in content and would  cause one to sin by abiding them.

Support your local Christian.
Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 10:49:41 PM »

Look at what the Nazis did. What if our society did new things that were just as bad, but everyone agreed with because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time?

And yes, it could happen. It happened to the German people, an entire country! they aren't stupid just because they are foreign.

I want a scooby snack.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 10:50:25 PM by Jesussavedusall » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the