Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FAITH + WORKS For Salvation = DAMNSTION!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAITH + WORKS For Salvation = DAMNSTION!  (Read 14672 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2003, 03:22:16 PM »

FAITH + WORKS For Salvation = DAMNSTION!
BY Cecil Spivey

(A STUDY IN JAMES 2)

“Do you believe a man is saved by grace?”

“Yes, certainly, However, works are also essential.”

“ Then you do not believe a man is saved by grace
alone?”

“How can I, when James the 2nd chapter informs us
that “faith without works is DEAD?”

So argued the water-works Salvationist. And so argue all who contend that sinners must submit to physical ordinances and obey the moral laws of God in order to finally, at last, maybe perhaps make it to heaven. When hard pressed to prove there doctrine, they invariably flee to James 2:14-26 for defense. Here all who believe in Christ + works for salvation find common ground.

A CHRISTIAN IS JUUSTIFIED BY GOOD WORKS

But no one can carefully read James 2 and honestly contend that the writer is showing sinners how to be “born again,” how to be saved, how to have a home in heaven! James is simply explaining to Christians brethren how to prove they ARE saved. As we read in vs. 18, “I will SHOW thee my faith BY MY WORKS.” And that is the only way any Christian can show his faith by doing works that only living faith can produce.

ABRAHAM and RAHAB were JUSTIFIED BY WORKS that is, their works proved they had living faith in God. The faith that saved Abraham preceded the offering of Isaac by some 20 years! See Gen. 15:6; Gal.3:6-9; Gen. 22. His offering Isaac PROVED his faith to be perfect for “he staggered NOT at the promise of God through unbelief” – Romans 4:20. Dead faith can have no works! But living faith germinates good works as we have been “SAVED UNTO (or for the purpose of doing) GOOD WORKS.” See Eph 2:10. Note 8:9

GOD WAS JUSTIFIED BY THE PEOPLE

Another use of the word “justified” is found in Luke 7:29, “the people…and the publicans justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.” Neddless to sat, God was not saved by the people, though He was justified by them, for justification as regarding God or man means to declare one (or the other) to be right.

A SINNER IS JUSTIFIED BY BELIEVING

A sinner can be brought into right relationship to God (that is, justified, made fit for heaven) by penitently BELIEVING “the record of God’s son.” See 1 John 5:1-13). No sinner has ever been justified by works, for “the grace of God that bringeth salvation” is opposed to works for salvation, even as Romans 11:6 declares, “IF BY GRACE then is it NO MORE OF WORKS, otherwise grace is no more grace…”God the Father has already provided a sufficient life and sacrifice for our sins through His Son Jesus Christ, whom He has raised from the dead. See 1 Peter 2:22-24; 1 Cor. 15:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:21. Here, then, is God’s plan for saving or JUSTIFYING sinners: “This is the work of (singular) of God, that ye BELIEVE on Him Whom He hath sent.” – John 6:29. For “to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIVETH on Him that justifieth the ungodly, HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness WITHOUT WORKS.” – Rom. 4:5-6. “For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourself, it is THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boars.” – Eph. 2:8-9. Therefore, being JUSTIFIED (declared right) BY FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”—Rom. 5:1.

It is clear there can be no salvation for the sinner who, like Cain, has faith in his own dead works rather than like Abel, who had faith in the coming Messiah of God.’

A FINAL WORD: Yes, “the demons also BELIEVE, and tremble,” (vs 19) but nowhere in the Bible are we told they believe on Jesus Christ as their Saviour. They DID believe on Him as their coming tormentor and destroyer. See Matt. 8:29; Heb 2:14; 1 John 3:8. And they also believed “there is one God.” But multiplied millions have so believed and died eternally lost! Believing “there is one God” will not save, but believing on Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour will! John 5:24; Acts 16:31.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Corpus
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 03:45:28 PM »

FAITH - WORKS For Salvation = HEBLLOUND!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 03:56:40 PM »

LOL Grin

No its:

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 12:47:54 AM »

Are you both purposely mispelling your words?  

I do believe we are looking for hellbound and damnation not hebllound and damntion.

I'm just checking.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:18:31 AM »

LOL Grin

No its:

You really loved the study Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Corpus
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 10:00:04 AM »

I like being able to laugh with those I disagree. Wink
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 10:10:32 AM »

I like being able to laugh with those I disagree. Wink

I was just hoping you two hadn't gotten all worked up.  Hebllound sounds kind of interesting.   Wink  I don't know about damnstion though.   Lips Sealed

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 04:23:35 AM »

(A STUDY IN JAMES 2)

“Do you believe a man is saved by grace?”

“Yes, certainly, However, works are also essential.”

“ Then you do not believe a man is saved by grace
alone?”

“How can I, when James the 2nd chapter informs us
that “faith without works is DEAD?”

So argued the water-works Salvationist. And so argue all who contend that sinners must submit to physical ordinances and obey the moral laws of God in order to finally, at last, maybe perhaps make it to heaven. When hard pressed to prove there doctrine, they invariably flee to James 2:14-26 for defense. Here all who believe in Christ + works for salvation find common ground.

A CHRISTIAN IS JUUSTIFIED BY GOOD WORKS

But no one can carefully read James 2 and honestly contend that the writer is showing sinners how to be “born again,” how to be saved, how to have a home in heaven! James is simply explaining to Christians brethren how to prove they ARE saved. As we read in vs. 18, “I will SHOW thee my faith BY MY WORKS.” And that is the only way any Christian can show his faith by doing works that only living faith can produce.

ABRAHAM and RAHAB were JUSTIFIED BY WORKS that is, their works proved they had living faith in God. The faith that saved Abraham preceded the offering of Isaac by some 20 years! See Gen. 15:6; Gal.3:6-9; Gen. 22. His offering Isaac PROVED his faith to be perfect for “he staggered NOT at the promise of God through unbelief” – Romans 4:20. Dead faith can have no works! But living faith germinates good works as we have been “SAVED UNTO (or for the purpose of doing) GOOD WORKS.” See Eph 2:10. Note 8:9

GOD WAS JUSTIFIED BY THE PEOPLE

Another use of the word “justified” is found in Luke 7:29, “the people…and the publicans justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.” Neddless to sat, God was not saved by the people, though He was justified by them, for justification as regarding God or man means to declare one (or the other) to be right.

A SINNER IS JUSTIFIED BY BELIEVING

A sinner can be brought into right relationship to God (that is, justified, made fit for heaven) by penitently BELIEVING “the record of God’s son.” See 1 John 5:1-13). No sinner has ever been justified by works, for “the grace of God that bringeth salvation” is opposed to works for salvation, even as Romans 11:6 declares, “IF BY GRACE then is it NO MORE OF WORKS, otherwise grace is no more grace…”God the Father has already provided a sufficient life and sacrifice for our sins through His Son Jesus Christ, whom He has raised from the dead. See 1 Peter 2:22-24; 1 Cor. 15:1-5; 2 Cor. 5:21. Here, then, is God’s plan for saving or JUSTIFYING sinners: “This is the work of (singular) of God, that ye BELIEVE on Him Whom He hath sent.” – John 6:29. For “to him that WORKETH NOT, but BELIVETH on Him that justifieth the ungodly, HIS FAITH is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness WITHOUT WORKS.” – Rom. 4:5-6. “For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourself, it is THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boars.” – Eph. 2:8-9. Therefore, being JUSTIFIED (declared right) BY FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”—Rom. 5:1.

It is clear there can be no salvation for the sinner who, like Cain, has faith in his own dead works rather than like Abel, who had faith in the coming Messiah of God.’

A FINAL WORD: Yes, “the demons also BELIEVE, and tremble,” (vs 19) but nowhere in the Bible are we told they believe on Jesus Christ as their Saviour. They DID believe on Him as their coming tormentor and destroyer. See Matt. 8:29; Heb 2:14; 1 John 3:8. And they also believed “there is one God.” But multiplied millions have so believed and died eternally lost! Believing “there is one God” will not save, but believing on Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour will! John 5:24; Acts 16:31.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN & Amen

Thanks for posting this Bro

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 06:46:26 PM »

Faith = salvation
Works = reward according to...

Support your local Christian.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 07:32:53 PM »

Salvation=a gift from God.
Works=result of salvation.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 08:38:30 PM »

Hey, how about;

Faith = Salvation a gift of God
Works = The result of Salvation to be Judged..

.........and rewarded if mans work abides, if not he shall suffer loss, but nevertheless he himself shall be saved......yet, so as by fire. (1 Cor 3:15)

Petro

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2003, 10:25:52 AM »

I'm so glad to see this thread.  I'm so sick of the occultic practice that you must speak in tongues to be saved (A/G, Pentecostals mostly).  God bless you guys.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 12:07:07 PM »

Well Put.!!

Ive be to a pentocostal church once,and the way the preacher preaches i like it..I love them to get loud and excited.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 05:50:18 AM »

Amen Sister, Amen

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 09:28:49 AM »

The war on this forum between works & faith seems to be bewteen those who have born again of the spirit and those who have been told by the catholic church that the leaders of their church are the only ones who have been born again of the spirit. One member said that we're all born again of the spirit, but only the leaders in the church are protected from error. Apparently the Holy Spirit in the rest of us isn't strong enough to "lead us into all truth." It is no coincidence that the ones who believe in works, not faith, are catholics, and the ones who don't are born again of the spirit. It's not their fault. They have been brainwashed by the catholic clergy to think that the catholic clergy is infallible, rather than the Holy Spirit inside of each individual. There will ALWAYS be unity among true born again Christians because we KNOW who our Father is and won't share His title with anyone! The catholics, however are confused about where their loyalties are which is why, on the one hand, they will say they are Christians (just like wolves in sheep's clothing do) but by their words they put their faith in the men in the church and the apostles before they put their faith in Christ. They will deny this vehemently because they know they are SUPPOSED to agree with Jesus. But in reality they look to the church for answers instead of Christ alone.

But it is not their fault. It is the clergy in the church who want them to believe that THEY are infallible and only THEY have the answers, not the spirit of Christ in each individual. This is brainwashing and it works! So many catholics feel so guilty if they disagree with the church that the are not capable of seeing that the church just MIGHT be wrong. No, that can't be! they're God! This kind of brainwashing is so insidious and dangerous which is why I feel the need to speak out against it. It leads people to works instead of grace, to see their own power as stronger than the Holy Spirit, which is actually worshiping themselves more than God. FAITH IS A GIFT OF GOD SO THAT NO MAN CAN BOAST. Anyone who thinks any differently is giving credit to his wonderful nature instead of to God himself, which is idol-worshiping. But it's extremely difficult, if not impossible to break the effects of brainwashing. The only way it can be done, is if God Himself is drawing people to Him instead of to the church.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the