Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jesus Christ is God.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Christ is God.  (Read 5032 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:56:35 AM »

Amen Kris777!

That is a beautiful post, and it speaks volumes. It also proves the Holy Bible. An Old Testament Prophecy is given, and it is fulfilled perfectly in the New Testament by our precious Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Very God!

Thanks - this was a great way to start my day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 3:17-18 ASV  For it is better, if the will of God should so will, that ye suffer for well-doing than for evil-doing.  Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 01:55:25 PM »

The funny thing is, is I was in class when the word Isaiah came to mind.  I wrote it down and begain to scan the Bible when I got home.  I think that God was pointing that verse out to me.  I know that I'm supposed to do something with them.  Something is going to happen.  I am just excited with antisipation over what.

These verses prove without a doubt that Jesus is God, the Rock, Savior and Son of God.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 07:21:36 PM »

Amen Kris777,

What you are talking about is the leading of the Holy Spirit. I love that feeling, and it's a joy to comply even when the task might be difficult.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:4-5 ASV  For whatsoever is begotten of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith.  And who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 05:52:08 AM »

How are you not ignoring verses that say that jesus is the Son of God? I am not intrested in other peoples propaganda and interpretations of what the bible says.If jesus is the son of God,, He isnt God. They are one in the same in purpose. If jesus was God then why did he tell his desciples do not worship me worship God. Again I know what the Bible says about the Trinity, you are mis interpreting the Bible. Because if you believe they are the same, and the bible says that they are and that they are not... Is the Bible Flawed.... YES. Because the bible was written and re written By who??? By man. I believe the Bible is the word of god. As long as it is translated correctly. You all should realize that the Bible is only inspired by God.. God did not write it.

Genesis chapter 1 sets up the case for the 3 in 1 Triune God we worship.  God the Father commanded creation.  God the Son performed the act of creation.  God the Holy Spirit organized and made that creation beautiful.  Read Genesis 1.

Jesus, Who, as you agree, is the Son of God, said Himself that "I and the Father are One."  Study your Jewish history and learn what exactly was meant by stating you were the "son" of someone in that culture and mindset.  Doing so will shed light on why the Jews were so angry at Jesus' claim.

Throughout the pages of scripture this truth is revealed.  Completely understandable?  No.  Completely undeniable?  Absolutely.  

John says that to deny the Jesus is the Christ is to be without Him - i.e. unsaved.  You tread dangerously close here my friend.  Because the Christ is God very God.  Scripture teaches this.  I encourage you to study more.

Smiley

His,

Kevin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 12:23:03 PM »

It's clear to me that you can take the stance on Jesus' deity on many different angles. It's also clear to me that there are an every growing number of those who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Word of God and that there are those who don't believe in the Trinity. It's sad to know that this number exists, but the fact is it does. This is my response to those who claim Jesus is not God:

Look at His name!
Look at His life!
Look at His WORDS!
Look at the references to Him in the Old Testament. (Mainly by a fiercely monothiestic religion who saw the Messiah as God and called God the "savior")
Look at His death! (Who else in the world could have defeated Death, Hell, and the Grave? Then arise again to have only three injuries. As well as the amount of torture he suffered. Ordinary man would have died after the 39 stripes. Because the 40th one would have killed him. Plus He wouldn't have lasted 6 or so hours hanging on a cross after that. If i remember correctly it was rare for a person to hang up there for more than 1 hours. Let alone 6 hours.)

Look at His personality! (One who claims  to forgive sins that only God Himself can forgive. God doesn't just give that authoirty away jto anyone. Unless it was He Himself who forgave that sin. Keep in mind that man cannot forgive sin. Only God ALmighty can. If you deny  that Jesus is SGod, then you also deny that Jesus forgave the lame man's sin to heal him. It's noted in Scripture that on more than one occasion, Jesus made reference to Him forgiving sin. Why? because sin is a direct attack against God. Only God can forgive those who attack Him, not man. If we say a man can forgive the sins of another man, we are introducing a mediator between God and man. This has already been put into place by Jesus Christ. 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus" Jesus is our advocate...He can only be that way if He was God.

Look at His sinlessness!
This should be proof enough of His deity. What ordinary man on this earth would have lived a sinless life, and not mess up once. Sure he was tempted, however, you cannot defeat the living Word! Also, I will again direct you to what Paul said:

Philippians 2:6-11

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

That ise the clearest, most direct reference to Jesus' deity i've found in the whole NT other than John 10:30 where it states: "I and my Father are one".

You cannot get much more clearer than that my friends. Jesus is indeed God. To deny such a thing would be in great error. Just a few thoughts my friends. God Bless you and keep you all. If you wish to read some other informatmion that i've written on this subject, check out the links that BlackEyedPeas has provided for you. and when all else fails, go to the original language and find the context in which the author was writing. New doors will open and new vision will be granted. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2005, 01:23:16 AM »

Yeshua is part of the Trinity,but He is still the Son of God,& being the Son.He is still under the Father.

Yours in Yeshua,                          
                             curious
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 02:45:07 AM »

Yeshua is part of the Trinity,but He is still the Son of God,& being the Son.He is still under the Father.

Yours in Yeshua,                          
                             curious

Hello Curious,

The Three are ONE, so JESUS is GOD and always has been.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:6-7 ASV  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 03:07:01 AM »

Yours in Yeshua,                          
                             curious

Hello Curious,

The Three are ONE, so JESUS is GOD and always has been.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:6-7 ASV  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.

Amen Tom...

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 12:08:57 AM »

Yours in Yeshua,                          
                             curious

I don't believe that he is under the Father at all.  I believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are definently just as important as the other one.  I believe that you might be confused about this Curious, because Jesus would show the Father great respect, but the fact of the matter is all of them need great respect.  They all make up one God.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
missionary angel
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 06:13:12 PM »

Jesus and God, and the Holy Ghost for that matter are all seperate beings. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. When Jesus is babtised by john the babtist, the heavens opened and there came a voice from heaven saying... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. If they were the same being....Why Does this passage exsist?? Matt. 3:17. In the next chapter the devil refers to Jesus as the SON of God? If you need more passages to read about this subject reply and I will list the many chapters and verses. Huh
missionary angel
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 06:19:44 PM »

Jesus and God, and the Holy Ghost for that matter are all seperate beings. It is proven in the Bible if you read it correctly, or read at all for that matter. When Jesus is babtised by john the babtist, the heavens opened and there came a voice from heaven saying... This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. If they were the same being....Why Does this passage exsist?? Matt. 3:17. In the next chapter the devil refers to Jesus as the SON of God? If you need more passages to read about this subject reply and I will list the many chapters and verses. Huh
I agree with you.. I will tomorrow post scripture to back this.. I think everyone has had the frog in kettle approach to the trinidy.. and we have lost who God really is... Over and Over Jesus said he was the son of God, Profit and teacher.. and he referred to his father always... Even in the bible it says nor the Angels nor Jesus knows the end times only the Father.. Jesus was the bigging and the end.. He was sent and convieved by the Holy Spirit of God.. and again when he was Babptized the Spirit came into him.. He will sit on the right hand of our Father.. And yes he was sent here so we might be saved... Becaues with out him we would not know who God is or his laws... And he died for us and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.. This was and always has been God's plan to send his son.. But Jesus is not God.. Even Jesus said when he rose the last time I will send the Spririt of God ( Holy Spirit and Comforter to be with you and you you wont be alone.. So why do our churches only worship Jesus.. Jesus never came to be worshiped. He came as God's son to teach s about the almighty God.. And yes he was the chosen one.. so what has happend that we have forgotten who the almighty God of Abriham is.. And why dont we Worship Him.. GOd said there shall be no other Gods before me.. I wlil back all I say in scripture.. and have been studying this for 2 years..   . ote]
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »

missionary angel,

This is a Christian forum and nothing else will be taught here other than Jesus is very God. I suggest you read the forum rules before you attempt to post anything else. Support of anything other than this will be deleted.

You said that you have been studying this for 2 years. I suggest you study it some more because you have not found the truth.

I suggest that you read the threads "Is Jesus God? both parts one and two. It will help you in your studies.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2397

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=6495

Again, any posts that support anything other than what I have stated will be deleted.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:57:38 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 07:22:55 PM »

It's really sad to see the damage done by false teachings which are perpetrated by cults such as the J.W.

Read the artical in this link, then be totally honest with yourself as to whether the Holy Bible is the Truth or mans own bible NWT is.

http://www.contenderministries.org/jehovahswitnesses/nwt.php
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 12:09:24 AM by Bronzesnake » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 11:35:53 PM »

I agree with you.. I will tomorrow post scripture to back this.. I think everyone has had the frog in kettle approach to the trinidy.. and we have lost who God really is... Over and Over Jesus said he was the son of God, Profit and teacher.. and he referred to his father always... Even in the bible it says nor the Angels nor Jesus knows the end times only the Father.. Jesus was the bigging and the end.. He was sent and convieved by the Holy Spirit of God.. and again when he was Babptized the Spirit came into him.. He will sit on the right hand of our Father.. And yes he was sent here so we might be saved... Becaues with out him we would not know who God is or his laws... And he died for us and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.. This was and always has been God's plan to send his son.. But Jesus is not God.. Even Jesus said when he rose the last time I will send the Spririt of God ( Holy Spirit and Comforter to be with you and you you wont be alone.. So why do our churches only worship Jesus.. Jesus never came to be worshiped. He came as God's son to teach s about the almighty God.. And yes he was the chosen one.. so what has happend that we have forgotten who the almighty God of Abriham is.. And why dont we Worship Him.. GOd said there shall be no other Gods before me.. I wlil back all I say in scripture.. and have been studying this for 2 years..   . ote]

It is clear that the terms Father, Son, and Holy Ghost cannot imply three separate persons, personalities, wills, or beings. They can only denote different aspects or roles of one Spirit being  the one God. They describe God's relationships to man, not persons in a Godhead. We use Father to emphasize God's roles as Creator, Father of spirits, Father of the born-again believers, and Father of the humanity of Jesus Christ. We use Son to mean both the humanity of Jesus Christ and God as He manifested Himself in the flesh for the purpose of man's salvation. We use Holy Ghost to emphasize God's active power in the world and among men, particularly His work in regeneration.

It should noted that these three titles are not the only ones God has. Many other titles or names for God are very significant and appear frequently in the Bible, including terms such as LORD (Jehovah), Lord, Word, God Almighty, and Holy One of Israel. The oneness view does not deny Father, Son, or Holy Ghost, but it does refute the view that these terms designate persons in the Godhead. God has many titles, but He is one being. He is indivisible as to His existence, but His revelation of Himself to mankind has been expressed through many channels, including His revelation as the Father, in the Son, and as the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

In this passage, Jesus commanded His disciples to baptize "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." However, this verse of Scripture does not teach that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate persons. Rather, it teaches the titles of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost identify one name and therefore one being. The verse expressly says "in the name," not "in the names."

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost all describe the one God, so the phrase in Matthew 28:19 simply describes the one name of the one God. The Old Testament promised that there would come a time when Jehovah would have one name and that this one name would be made known Zechariah 14:9; Isaiah 52:6. We know that the one name of Matthew 28:19 is Jesus, for Jesus is the name of the Father John 5:43; Hebrews 1:4, the Son Matthew 1:21, and the Holy Ghost John 14:26. The New Testament church understood this to be so, for they baptized in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5; I Corinthians 1:13. Matthew himself endorsed this interpretation by standing with Peter and the other apostles during the sermon in which Peter commanded the people to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:14-38.

Some claim that the references in Acts do not really mean that the name of Jesus was orally uttered as part of the baptismal formula. However, this appears to be an attempt to twist the language to comply with an erroneous doctrine and practice. Acts 22:16 says, "Arise and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." Matthew 28:19 does not teach three persons in one God, but rather it gives three titles of God, all of which properly apply to Jesus Christ. These titles sum up different roles of God or modes of His revelation; by its singular reference to "name," it focuses upon the one name of God revealed in the New Testament. That name is Jesus.

Further light on this interpretation that the name of God is Jesus comes from a comparison of Revelation 14:1 with 22:3-4. There is one name for the Father, God, and the Lamb. The Lamb is Jesus, so Jesus is the name of God and the Father.

The Bible speaks of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as different manifestations, roles, modes, titles, attributes, relationships to man, or functions of the one God, but it does not refer to Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as three persons, personalities, wills, minds, or Gods. God is the Father of us all and in a unique way the Father of the man Jesus Christ. God manifested Himself in flesh in the person of Jesus Christ, called the Son of God. God is also called the Holy Spirit, which emphasizes His activity in the daily lives and affairs of mankind.

Resting in the arms, of the Lord.
Bob

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

.waRfaRe.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 02:07:23 AM »

AMEN!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the