Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  **Round Table Discussion request**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Round Table Discussion request**  (Read 16689 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »

I am guessing here myself but I would say that forum software is not sophisticated enough to do such. It would probably require a completely different set of software. We had even thought of having the PM's setup based on membership time or amount of posts or some such thing. I believe it was determined to not be do able.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »

Hmmm....So, like setting up a password type of access to a particular forum is not possible?   Of course, going with the same theme I was talking about before, pw's would have to be changed each time someone new wanted access it. 

Just some thoughts I had, that might be useful.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 06:31:28 AM »

Brothers and Sisters In Christ,

I first want to say that I understand and appreciate the comments in this thread. These issues have been a matter of thought and prayer many times.

I do want everyone to know that all of the moderators here are unpaid volunteers. This is one of our ways in serving GOD, and nothing else is involved. We have talked and prayed about these issues many times, and the Administrator of Christians Unite considers recommendations carefully when we make them. I'm positive that all recommendations to ADMIN result in considerable thought and prayer on his part.

I know that our Administrator is a strong Christian because of years in interacting with him. I don't have any problem at all in doing what he wants done and trying to achieve what he wants to achieve. The reasons are simple - his desires are most reasonable in service to GOD. He's never once told us or asked us to do anything questionable or anything that could harm the LORD'S work. The forum only represents about 4% of the work being done by Christians Unite. I pray for the ministry of Christians Unite every day, and I will quickly say that I have tremendous respect for our Administrator. His decisions are Godly ones, so I'm always happy to help him in any way that I can. I agree with what he wants, and I have no problem at all in trying to do what he wants done.

We are living in a time where many things with a label of Christian on it are so full of the world and the devil that it's hard to determine who they are serving. This is true for Christian organizations, Christian forums, and even churches that call themselves Christian. There are many large and busy Christian forums on the Internet that are a shame and a disgrace to the work of the LORD. They're easy to find, so there isn't any need of me mentioning them. They have provided pulpits for just about everything of the world, certainly including the devil. Large portions of the material on some of these huge and busy forums is Anti-Christ and obviously against the teachings of the Holy Bible. Satan worshipers and cults are most welcome on the forums I'm thinking about, and they are even provided with a pulpit to teach their garbage and filth from. Those places aren't fit for Christian family use and certainly not for children. They are places where there is a need for strong Christian witnesses, but the ones I'm thinking about have rules about what Christians can and can't do in even sharing the Bible or the GOOD NEWS with the obviously large number of lost people on the forums.

The mission of Christians Unite is posted everywhere in this large, online Christian community. It serves many thousands of Christians and the lost every day in a variety of ways that many people don't even know about. However, there is nothing secret about anything done on Christians Unite. Anyone can browse the entire online community and see exactly what is being done by Christians Unite. I'll simply say that I give thanks for this ministry and know that it is worthy of our prayers and support.

I'd like to say just a few more things about the forum on Christians Unite. There hasn't been any desire to compromise with the world or the devil to increase participation here. It's been made blunt and plain that there is no pulpits here for the devil's use. Christians Unite Forums is, in fact, an appropriate, clean, and safe place for Christian family fellowship - including children. Our number of readers and users online is much greater than it's ever been. In fact, it's more than double what it was in 2003 and before. Just the forum has over 10,000 page views per day, and that number is still rising. I thank GOD that HE is using the work here, and I pray that HE alone gets all the Glory.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that I also miss many of the older members and wish they would become active again. I'd also love to see many of our guests become members and have fellowship with us. I'm very happy to say that Christians Unite is a clean, safe, and family friendly place for Christian fellowship. I'm also very happy to know a Promise from GOD - HIS WORD will never return void. I must add one last thought: the lost are most welcome here. We would love to tell them about JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:53:05 AM »

Amen Grin

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the