Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  **Round Table Discussion request**
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Round Table Discussion request**  (Read 16623 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »

Round Table Discussion request

As a long time member, I decided to post this in hopes of being a true servant to Christ, as well as to my brothers and sisters here.   Please read the following with a tone of gentleness, Love, and desire, to serve you all, and Christ.  May He receive all the glory!

Let me start by saying, that Christians Unite has been more of a Blessing to me than most of you may ever know.   I truly have been ministered to here, many many times in the past, and there is no question in my mind that God's hand was in that and in this Ministry.

Having said this, in all sincerity, my heart is currently aching over CU.   As I browse the many threads here now, there is almost no interaction taking place.   I see numerous articles and devotionals which are indeed a blessing and uplifting, but the silence is deafening.   What has happened to cause this?

I know that some members in the past have left due to feelings being hurt for one reason or another, and I know this is probably bound to happen on any board.  But if you look at the member sign up numbers, and compare the postings count, something is not adding up.   Why are most of these people not participating?

From a little observing, I see tons of guests always browsing, but its always older dated threads.   I have to wonder if that isn't because there was real interaction going on there ( give and take conversation), unlike what can be seen in current threads.   

I assure you it is not my intent to accuse anyone, question any rules, challenge anyones authority or cause a ruckus etc. I ask this in REAL GENUINE LOVE.....

Brothers and Sisters, has this ministry lost its way?   If not, then I ask, where are the fruits of Christian fellowship?   I don't doubt that many guests are being ministered to, but why are they still guests?   This cannot be because the invitation has not been extended for whoever wants, to sign up.   Why are the many members who HAVE signed up, not interacting in many threads?

I sense in many threads a spirit of restraint if you will.   Again, I lay no blame, I'm just pointing out what I see.   I see where someone will post a question that could lead to lively conversation, but that is quickly followed by a flurry of posts that almost stifles the ebb and flow of interactive conversation.  I know some of these might be long time trouble makers come to stir things up again, but I suspect that a lot are honest requests for answers, or interaction with real people.  Even if the topic is questionable, shouldn't we show a spirit of love, patience, and exhortation to these, and spend some time using Gods Word to direct and guide these into truth, rather than just saying its so, because thats what the bible says?    I just don't understand this spirit of restraint I keep seeing.

I have no doubt the admins have spoken and prayed about this very thing already.  I would ask that before anyone hits that reply button, to re-read this a few times and try to really discern the sincerity and gentleness of my tone.   This is not an attempt to undermine anyones authority, lay blame, nor offend anyone.   I truly love this ministry, and want to see it ministering to many, in a way that it has ministered to me, as well as be apart of that effort.

I'd really like to hear form Tom on this, as well as others who may be concerned, but please please please, re-read this a few times and consider in truth what I have said here before you reply.   If anything is stirred, let it be our hearts to serve Christ, and thereby be a blessing to others through our humble service to Him

I love all of you guys tremendously, I really do!

Your Brother In Christ - 2T/Tim

(please don't ban me.....lol)  Smiley

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:34:36 AM »

HI everyone who chooses to read this thread...
I have to admit that for quite awhile, Since originally having left CU (which was pretty much off the PC due to health reasons not any huge fights or hurts or anything of that sort from here... but since then I have been a lurker at times and at times signed back in to say houdy etc... I have truly missed this place and the many precious friends I have made on here. I miss alot of them still cause they are no where to be found and that really saddens me...
One thing I want to say right off hand is that truly my (and our) dear friend 2Tim.. is not speaking with judgment or disrespect or as he said accusations or anything against any Mods or members.. I know this due to us haveing several lengthly chats about this, and how things were when we first joined and such, so i can honestly vouch for him in that he really feels this way and I have to say I am thinking and feeling and missing things in the same way..
now another thing I want to express and please as Tim said I personally aint, nor would I try to find fault, or judge or try to bring anything negative about any of the Mods.. ( I didnt know all them of course) but the ones I consider good friends.. why would I , they were here holding down the Fort as its put while I wasnt here being any form of help and for that Bep, Admin-Ray, dw, Pr and the rest of ya'll I apologise for that , i truly do.. and yes since I have been back we have had a few days of real fun, and hilarity, ,
I guess I just want to maybe bring back a few memories and  tell you my friends, oldermembers like Tim  and I , and to bring to attention to the new members how CU was and is to a point and I know in my heart can be brought back to all its potantial , to bring God the Glory, to be a tower of strength and a lighthouse to any number of wandering souls that maybe just surfing thru the web , looking for help, or answers or some good ol'e christian fun, to fellowship with Honest and true bleu God fearing, Holy living children of the most High,, ( and please.. all you members and Mods etc, PLEASE dont think me being so bold as to think it was just when we were all here.. and that yous havent been doing a truly good job at keeping this place going, even thru times of bad health.. family issues, possibly times of feeling down and out about the lack of activity and a whole number of things, ya'll kept it going and I for one and most appreciative of that cause there is still a CU to come back to..
One thing Tim mentioned that I have to be true and honest about is this, things aint adding up, with the amount of members new and old, compared to the number of posts.. and it seems people join and most dont come back..  for whatever reasons, and I just wonder as well as to how come there are so many older members that just seem to all but disappear.. and sure I realize that  there are times that people leave sites and the pc altogether for numerous reasons. Anyways.. I just want to thru some memories out there.. Grin
For me personally.. Cu was only the 2nd forum I had ever seen,,, joined not to long after I had to grab some brains and learn how to use a pc, and I was so excited, I was just in awe,. like wow.. so big a place and it seemd that when I'd look to see active members , or check new posts even if I had just been off long enuff to eat a meal or whatever, there was like, so many posts to catch up on that I just had a ball..and the Pms.. you just never knew who was sendin ya a message cause they either wanted to get to know ya, liked what you posted or LOl had some huge issue with ya lol, even then it was interesting..It didnt seem to matter either what mood you were in.. there was always so much to see, read , post, you were either being inspired, or loling , or getting such a blessing..and there was alot of times that Id be maybe having a bad day.. or just ya know,.,. not doing so hot, Id drag myself to the pc, sign in.. and someone.. on the site would , narrow in on ya , so it seemed LOL, and say somethins, or give a scripture or a joke or something that was perfect for how u felt..
I know IM rambling.. and I apologise for that, what Im trying to say is , i know there are alot of trouble makers out there.. just joining to cause trouble,., but my friends.. there are many out there that join cause they are searching.., in need.. maybe with real battles going on in ther personal lives,, and many who couldnt tell you who adam was from moses, but felt drawn to CU, I just feel like this seeming restraint and clamp down on here (which I have to be honest I mentioned to shylynne days ago, before 2Tim mentioned it to me,. rather.. asked me if I felt it to or was he just imagining it.. I know there are reasons for being caustious.. but I do so hope that in trying to be causious.. it isnt taking away from the wonderful, warm , welcoming feeling there once was and certainly could be attained again..
I dont think it would take much effort from us members (again I know there are several who have been doing thier part) im talking to us who maybe havent been, self included.. to welcome people, talk to them, offer what we have.. dont be so serious all the time even when talking of Gods word etc..yes I know there are times that call for seriousness, and I dont mean be just foolish all the time.. dont get me wrong please that...it maybe overwhelms them.. and I love Gods word I truly do.. and I love my Saviour.. alot of ya'll know me from several years back and since..but there are times when people come looking, they just need to talk, vent, ask questions and not feel like they are just gonna have a generalized answer of "its Gods word and thats that" well maybe thay dont have a clue what Gods word says and why and the how and the whens etc... and prayer requests and not only make a point of praying for each one but followup, I'll tell u from exp, it makes a WORLD of difference to come online and see your name.. or see more then one or 2 answers to posts.., and not ahve people making you feel unwelcome or foolish or whatever,,, I so would LOVE to have the CU that I joined and have the time of my life and got so much outta, blessed with Gods word offered and learned and shown thru nore then just the scripture (them to of course dont get me wrong) but thru peoples Joy and laughter and debating one one thread and loling like crazy on another..
So I said all that to say this.. Mods and members,.,. I myself will do whatever I can to be a help, not a hinderance, ( and I pray i didnt say anthying to hurt or affend anyone, that be horrible and totally not what I meant to say.. or do, I think I speak for more then just myself.. and I would bet.. that there are many lurkers (guests..) that are old members that are waiting to see how things are going before maybe popping back in.. and new members waiting to see if thiers life in here, more then just one or 2 members on besides mod's.. Smiley
I dearly love it here.. and I dealry love ya'll.. I hope that I can show it thru my words and further actions on here..
2Tim..
?... do you remember Symphony... He never missed a day of praying for every member.. esp the ones who posted for prayer.. I beleive He even mAde it a not eating on weekend suppers in order to pray for CU and its members (im almost positive it was weekend suppers or somehting.. correct me if im wrong) I know he prayed faithfully.. cause he never forgot to mention my name and send my needs he knew of from on board and thru Pms,,,
SoI shall hush now and Iam sorry so long, but I said my heart..
Much love and hugs
I hope something I have said helps..
 Kiss  TL
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:49:15 AM by tigerlily » Logged

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »

Hi 2T and TL,

I have been doing as you said, to think this out before answering. I have also been praying for the wisdom of the Lord in this. This forum and others that I frequent where I am just a member of I have noticed (and so has others here) that these forums go through cycles of cold and hot. It is just like the climate change debate.  Wink  The many members come and go. As for the number of people that join and post little or none at all, that has not changed at least not since I have joined here. I noticed that, even before I became a moderator. there would be many registrations where the people never posted anything. A majority of these people registering here do not come here with honorable intentions. Many of them come here with the intention of advertising or of spreading their garbage, not to learn or to glorify God.

We moderators do all we can to keep this a friendly Christian family forum. This sometimes requires a lot of extra work and effort on the part of all moderators. There is much that goes on behind the scenes here that is not seen by the members or guests in this aspect because of this.

I would love nothing more than to have the forums hopping at all times with Christians that are having fun and fellowship in the Lord. I will not compromise in the Lord's work though just to get this forum busy as is some of the other "Christian" forums that permit all sorts of anti-Christian garbage on them just for large membership and activity. I would rather preach to a church of one or two people, preaching the truth, than to be preaching PC to a million.

When people come here truly seeking to learn we do all we can to assist them. Unfortunately there are those that come here at times with the pretense of asking questions and wanting to learn but then later their true agenda is revealed. Most of these have had their later posts deleted so it is not obvious to the casual observer.

I am not sure in what regards that you feel a spirit of restraint. If this is in regards to such things as posting links to different sites that display all sorts of anti-Christian material in addition to some that does glorify God, then I am sure that will not change.

I for one do appreciate your candor and honesty in this but at the same time I am also positive that you do not have all the information and probably never will to understand the circumstances behind all of these situations.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »

PR, first let me say, thanks for taking all of what I said in the tone which it was really meant.   I really do love you guys, and this ministry with all my heart.

Let me also say that I have no doubt what-so-ever that all of you mods pour your hearts into this place, and I am also mindful that there's things going on behind the scenes that we may never know about (or want to know about for that matter....lol).   My hat is off to you guys, and believe me, you guys have my utmost respect, and gratitude for running this place...for that I can only say thank you!

I also agree about not compromising the Lords work in order to have a hoping CU as you put it.  I would never want to compromise here, or in my own life at home for active fellowship.  Please don't think this is what I was requesting brother.  I would never ask for things to be relaxed for anti-christian garbage to make its way in here.   You guys have worked too hard to keep this out of our midst, and I for one am truly grateful for this.

When people come here truly seeking to learn we do all we can to assist them. Unfortunately there are those that come here at times with the pretense of asking questions and wanting to learn but then later their true agenda is revealed. Most of these have had their later posts deleted so it is not obvious to the casual observer.

This too I understand...in fact I was witness to this just the other day, and applaud your quick response!   

I am not sure in what regards that you feel a spirit of restraint. If this is in regards to such things as posting links to different sites that display all sorts of anti-Christian material in addition to some that does glorify God, then I am sure that will not change.

Again we are on the same page.  I for one have no desire to provide, nor see any links being offered by anyone that leads us to anti-christian material....this is not what I want either.

Now that we are on the same page with all this, I'm going to take my own advice here and take some time before I continue on.    In the mean, let me ask a few easy questions  Smiley

What is CU's current vision as a Christian forum?   (I'm sure this is the same, but I ask only to be sure).

Brother, again, let me say thank you for hearing me out, and being patient.   My heart, really is in my hand here.   The last thing I want to do is tarnish my good name on CU, as resident Meese master.   Cheesy

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »

What is CU's current vision as a Christian forum?   (I'm sure this is the same, but I ask only to be sure).

I speak for myself here in my words but I am sure the other Mods and Admin will agree with me on this. We have all discussed this before and this is the jest of it.

Christians Unite is a place that is safe for Christians of all ages to come to for clean Christian fellowship. A place where non-Christians that are truly seeking the Lord can come to get answers even if they do not become a member. In all things a place that glorifies God in all things. This is our current and future vision.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 03:35:30 PM »

Quote from: 2nd Timothy

I speak for myself here in my words but I am sure the other Mods and Admin will agree with me on this. We have all discussed this before and this is the jest of it.

Christians Unite is a place that is safe for Christians of all ages to come to for clean Christian fellowship. A place where non-Christians that are truly seeking the Lord can come to get answers even if they do not become a member. In all things a place that glorifies God in all things. This is our current and future vision.

AMEN

2T as you know we have have kids, as young as 8 years old here.  This is why, we must keep the forum clean of anti-Christian garbage.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Brother I am in full agreement with that also....please believe me when I say that was not my point at all.  I would never ever suggest opening things up to AC garbage.   

Give me some time to find the words to better explain what I mean.

In all things a place that glorifies God in all things

To this I also say Amen times trice!! 

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:26:36 PM »

Brothers and sisters, I've decided to take this further in email only, since DW has recently send me his email address.

DW, please share it with the other admins OK?   It will be there shortly...

Thanks!

Blessings

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 05:33:36 PM »

I will, although I am getting ready to head back to Church.  So it will be later I see your email.

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »

OK so Just so ya'll know.. I have no issues with any thing ya'll have said so far,, Tim, and I have talked about this  abit and as he has said,, I agree, we have to be watchful and such for kids sakes and for other members sakes and  theres not even a blink of a thought that there should be any things CLOSE to ainti God garbage allowed in gracious no..
I guess.. maybe cause I was here a long time back.. before Tom and PR and DW etc .. ( and no im not trying to say that anythign that i said in my first post has anything to do with who was and wasnt  here then or now,, trust me,,,) I really luv and respect all you Mods and members new and old alike
Forgive me if i said anything in my first post that may have offended or hurt or made anyone think that I had anything against anyone.. far from the truth.. I guess..  anyways I have to head off  for a couple of hours.. will finish posting my thoughts then
luv and hugs
TL

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:39:03 PM »

I have another question guys, or possibly a suggestion...

I don't know what the software used for CU is capable of, but I've seen on other boards where they have a private - small group type areas, which can be seen, but not read by all..... where various members when requesting, can gain access from the mods to those set aside areas of the board, and discuss more personal matters, pray, etc. without the whole WWW.... being all up your business....lol

Not so much in regards to my previous thoughts in this thread, but rather for helping and assisting others with specifically, personal or private matters?.   (provided that feature is even possible that is?.)    Huh

Blessings!

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

2T,

Check your email in a little while.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »

By what I know of this board and most other board software there is more than likely that capability but it would have to be setup by the admin (person higher up than us mods )

The biggest problem would be who to allow and who not...thus getting into people getting upset about being favorites and things of that nature.   Not sure the benefit or use here at CU though.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 04:50:47 PM by Brother Jerry » Logged

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »

OK PR.

Brothe Jerry...I don't mean so much making a place on the board for ONLY a select few, but rather it being known as a PRIVATE area that only those requesting temporary access when they need to, could be ministered to in private, then that access is gone once the session is done.  Know what I mean?  Its not a "join my click type of area" on the board...its a lets go into one of our private prayer rooms type things for a short chat, then that door is locked once the session is over.

Perhaps Any left over discussion in there could be removed once its all done, leaving it blank for the next session.

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »

PR, I have to head out to work, but I will check my email from there.

Tim

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the