Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHO: Genetically Modified Foods Need Safety Assessments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHO: Genetically Modified Foods Need Safety Assessments  (Read 3615 times)
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »

I'd like to throw out onr more alert. This is for those of you who think soy is a wonderful health food.
This site presents both sided of the argument and is balanced. But you know the old saying, "Where there's smoke, there's fire".

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/soy.htm

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 05:31:24 PM »

"You're into the bodily effects of GM food much more than I am though."

Believe me it wasn't by choice. Was diagnosed with type II diabetes a couple of years ago, and I've been researching ever since. I found out that the food is the problem, and the reason there's such an epidemic of diabetes in North America.

But I started here:

http://www.healingmatters.com/
(For those with diabetes, this fellow claims a cure)

God gave me a couple of words regarding this:

Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Eze 4:9  Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.

I took this to mean that the Lord was leading me to go vegetarian, or largely increase the plant-based foods in my diet.

From there I've been doing considerable research into food, and of course I came across organic foods. In Canada, Loblaws is THE major grocery store, and they have dedicated a considerable amount to organic food. They also distribute a local free magazine called Vitality (http://www.vitalitymagazine.com/) that had a number of articles on GM foods.

Zak,

Thanks for the links.  How are you doing with the diabetes problem since making some changes?  

When you posted I didn't have a chance to reply but I did go to your "Shirley's" link (from your other post).  That's a fabulous site.  I enjoyed the article on bentonite clay.  Very interesting.    

In my heart of hearts, I just know God is leading you in the right direction.  Keep on keepin' on, Zak.  I am in agreement with you 100% that most of our problems are coming from how we eat and what we eat.  I'm sure you know this already,  but in case you don't, here goes.  Once we cook our food there are no digestive enzyme's left to speak of, so we MUST supplement with enzymes.  Eating raw organic foods is what's best for us, though.  In another way it's really great too........no more pots and pans to scrub. Grin  No more cookin' dinner!  Yeah!  Unfortunately, I like (natural, of course) meat, and am not primitive enough to eat it raw.  So, I will still have at least 1 pan or grill to clean.

Never believed the soy story so never got on that bandwagon.  I'm glad I didn't.  It was brought to my attention that Crisco vegetable shortening has soy in it.  I wonder if it contained soy when it was first introduced.  I checked and couldn't find anything on it.  My mother used Crisco when I was growing up.

The recipe above........is that for Ezekiel bread?  I think some stores sell it, so one doesn't have to make it from scratch.  I didn't check, but there probably are recipes for it on the internet.  It's supposed to have everything in it to sustain health.  Anyway, that's what I heard.

Grace and peace,
cris

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 08:16:06 PM »

Thanks for the links.  How are you doing with the diabetes problem since making some changes?

Funny you should ask. As you mention below about the enzymes in raw organics, that's exactly what I've been doing lately. I can actually control the glucose levels with food when I eat this way. And I'm losing a ton of weight, ( a very GOOD thing!)

Problem is, ya needs some protein sometime. And I've found a beauty - it's a grain from South America called quinoa (pronounced keen-wa). There are two foods on the planet that carry the complete protein complex - quinoa and milk, and milk ain't good for ya after yer about 4 years old. Your body can't digest it properly.

You pretty much cook and eat this grain just like rice. So Istir fry up some broccoli (best food on the planet IMO), garlic onions and mushrooms, (cremini or gotcha2ake), and you got a powerfully nutritious dinner.

Also, studies have shown 3rd world folks who get their protein from veggie sources like legumes (kidney beans, navy beans, romano beans, etc.), are WAAAAAAAYYYY healthier than us.

I believe very much what Thomas Smith said about fats in his site. I use strictly olive oil, (COLD PRESSED ONLY!), and coconut oil. How cocnut oil got phased out of North America is beyond me. Excellently flavoured oil, and lotsa omegas. Use this to offset the enormous amount of omega 3s in flax seeds to maintain balance.

In my heart of hearts, I just know God is leading you in the right direction.

Yeah, but the problem is I listened so late. If I had my ears on properly I woulda been doing this 15 years ago and wouldn't have this problem now.

The disease is doing its dirty work and ravaging body systems slowly but surely. But that doesn't phase me because I know by the stripes of Jesus I HAVE BEEN healed, (1 Pe. 2:24).

He forgives ALL my iniquities, and heals ALL my diseases, (Ps 103:3).
He IS the Lord who healeth me, (Ex. 15:26).
He WILL take sickness away from the midst of me, (Ex. 23:25).
He sent his WORD and healed me, and delivered me from my destructions, (Psalm 107:20).
His WORD will not return unto Him void, but will accomplish that whereunto He sent it, (Isa 55:11).
I am redeemed from the curse of the law, (Gal 3:13), therefore I am redeemed from all sickness and disease both named and not named in the book of the law, (Deut. 28).

I speak in faith that, "I AM HEALED", (Mark 11:23-25), because the Word of God says I am healed. And since we know that God's Word is truth, (Joh. 17:17), then I know the TRUTH will change the FACT that exists in my body.

Hallelujah!!!! I done typed myself happy!!!! LOL!!

Never believed the soy story so never got on that bandwagon.

My personal opinion on soy is somewhere in between. Soy definitely needs a process to remove the poisons to be edible. I prefer the natural fermenting method the Chinese use because I hold EVERYTHING suspect that has been altered by man. I do NOT trust their so-called modern processing methods of soy.

The recipe above........is that for Ezekiel bread?

Yes indeed that's the stuff. But I worked in the baking business for 10 years, so enjoy much more making my own. I use 100% whole wheat or spelt, millet, flax seeds (ground), and quinoa. some bigtime nutrition in this bread.

A word of advice for all out there - when you eat white bread, or anything made with white flour, your body sees that as pure glucose - or turns it all into glucose. And note that there's very little nutritional value in white flour.

My blessing to you all:

Num 6:24  The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num 6:25  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num 6:26  The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 07:41:50 PM »

Hi Zak,

I'm so happy to hear about your ability to control the glucose levels with the raw food enzymes and that you're losing weight ta boot!  Yey!

I've heard of quinoa but have never eaten it.  I might try it one of these days.  I'm not a food lover, unfortunately.  Have always been a picky eater and I eat to stay alive, mostly.  There are a few things I love, however, but I definitely wouldn't say they were the best foods for one.  I like cooked broccoli better than raw but I like raw cauliflower and dislike it cooked.  I won't bore you with anymore details of my diet. Grin

Reference the study of the 3rd world folks being way healthier than us, well, I suppose it might be true but I like to get my protein from meat. Grin  Love good natural prime rib with organic mashed potatoes (mashed with a manual masher, cause if ya use an electric beater on em taters, it breaks the cell wall).  Well, that's what a chef said anyway.  Actually, the potatoes taste much better mashed that way, so I believe the chef.  Never would have believed it if I hadn't tried it myself.

Coconut oil.........well, from what I heard movie popcorn started it all.  Studies showed that this oil was inferior and could cause a plethora of problems.  The problem is that the studies were flawed and they weren't using the "good" coconut oil.  Type in Bruce Fife in your search window.  He gives the information on what happened.

I tried taking flax oil supplements many years ago and at the end of one month developed a pain at my back waist.  I stopped taking the oil and the pain went away.  I tried it sometime later and the same thing happened.  I imbalanced my omega 3's and 6's per testing, so I permanently gave up flax.

Yesterday, I developed some kind of an allergy.  One week ago I began taking cod liver oil caps and a fiber supplement.  I'm not sure if it's one of these, mold spores in the house or something else.  It's miserable, runny nose, 1 runny eye, other one not affected Grin for some reason, pressured sinus' and gums.  Sure would like to know what's causing this.  I've never had a reaction quite like this and now is definitely not the time for this to happen. Roll Eyes

Hey, I'm glad you know Jesus and glad you typed yourself happy. Wink

Don't sell yourself short about not listening 15 years ago.  Thank God, you had the presence of mind to search out these things for yourself 'cause the medical establishment would recommend more that food balancing. Wink

You mentioned on another thread about being burned alive.  Well, I'll tell you that sent pain through me.  What in the world happened?  Are you OK now?

Mark 11:23-25 Oh yeah.  The truth WILL change the fact that exists in your body.  Hallelujah!

I just typed myself silly!!! Wink Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

Being burned alive is no fun as you can imagine. I was 2 and a half years old, and was enticed by that pretty red glow on the stove. And being in flannel pygamas, well, you can guess what happened next.

The entire right side of my torso is all burn scars. And that pain is unforgettable. This incident is the first cognizant memory I carry of my life.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2005, 09:27:14 PM »

Being burned alive is no fun as you can imagine. I was 2 and a half years old, and was enticed by that pretty red glow on the stove. And being in flannel pygamas, well, you can guess what happened next.

The entire right side of my torso is all burn scars. And that pain is unforgettable. This incident is the first cognizant memory I carry of my life.

I'm so very sorry Zak.  I have tears in my eyes.  I wish I could do something, but I can't, except to say it makes me very sad to know a child is harmed in any way. It really tears me apart.  I hope you are doing OK with the scars.  I hope they still aren't causing you problems in any way.  That's a terrible memory and it's terrible for me to visualize it, too.

Grace and peace,
cris

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 08:15:14 AM »

I'm so very sorry Zak.  I have tears in my eyes.  I wish I could do something, but I can't, except to say it makes me very sad to know a child is harmed in any way. It really tears me apart.  I hope you are doing OK with the scars.  I hope they still aren't causing you problems in any way.  That's a terrible memory and it's terrible for me to visualize it, too.

Grace and peace,
cris

Hey now, don't feel bad. I AM healed!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the