Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Chicken Soup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicken Soup  (Read 147178 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »

Faith

Faith is to believe what we do not see, and the
reward of faith is to see what we believe.
Saint Augustine

The fields were parched and brown from lack of rain, and the crops lay wilting from thirst.  People were anxious and irritable as they searched the sky for any sign of relief.  Days turned into arid weeks.  No rain came.
   The ministers of the local churches called for an hour of prayer on the town square the following Saturday.  They requested that everyone bring an object of faith for inspiration.
   At high noon on the appointed Saturday the townspeople turned out en masse, filling the square with anxious faces and hopeful hearts.  The ministers were touched to see the variety of objects clutched in prayerful hands-- holy books, crosses, rosaries.
   When the hour ended, as if on magical command, a soft rain began to fall.  Cheers swept the crowd as they held their treasured objects high in gratitude and praise.  From the middle of the crowd one faith symbol seemed to overshadow all the others: A small nine-year-old child had brought an umbrella.

Laverne W. Hall

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »

I'm Here!

If you conquer, you will be clothed like them in
white robes and I will not blot your names out
of the Book of Life; but I will confess your name
before My Father and before his angels.
Rev. 3:5

The Rogers are devout Christians who have built a strong family.  The father has a special interest in the spiritual condition of each of his children and often would quiz them in order to know if they were sure of their salvation.  Occasionally he would ask them to share in their own words about their relationship with Jesus Christ.
     One day it was seven-year-old Jimmy's turn to express how he knew he had eternal life.  Jimmy told his version: "I think it will be something like this in Heaven.  One day when we all get to go to Heaven, it will be time for the big angel to read from the big book the names of all the people who will be there.  He will come to the Rogers family and say, 'Daddy Rogers?' and Daddy will say, 'Here!' Then the angel will call out, 'Mommy Rogers?' and Mommy will say, 'Here!'  Then the angel will come down to call out Suzie Rogers and Mavis Rogers, and they both will say, 'Here!'"
     He paused, took a big deep breath and continued.  "And finally that big angel will read my name, Jimmy Rogers, and because I'm little and maybe he'll miss me, I'll jump and shout real loud,'HERE!' to make sure he knows I'm there."
     Just a few days later there was a tragic accident.  A car struck down little Jimmy Rogers as he made his way to catch the school bus.  He was rushed by ambulance to the hospital, and all the family was summoned.  He was in critical condition.
     The little family group gathered around the bed in which little Jimmy now lay with no movement, no consciousness and no hope for recovery.  The doctors had done all that was in their power.  Jimmy would probably be gone by morning.
     The family prayed and waited.  Late in the night the little boy seemed to be stirring a bit.  They all moved closer.  They saw his lips move; just one word was all he uttered before he passed from this life.  But what a word of comfort and hope for a grieving family he was to leave behind.  In the clear voice of a little boy, loud and clear enough so all could hear and understand, little Jimmy Rogers said the one word: 'HERE!'  And then he was gone to another life beyond this world, where a big angel was reading the names of all those written there.

Excerpted from Moments for Mothers

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2008, 01:03:44 AM »

AMEN GRAMMYLUV!

This one was a particularly beautiful story. I think that we all know some "Little Jimmy's" who are already home with the LORD. I know that we most commonly associate things like this with great sadness, but Little Jimmy isn't sad. Little Jimmy has the greatest Love and Care anyone could possibly have, and he's with JESUS CHRIST for Eternity. There are many real-life stories just like this that are quite real. This is why we should think about GOD'S Promises to us every day and tell others about JESUS. One of our greatest responsibilities is to our own children, and that should be a matter of love.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2008, 01:27:06 AM »

I had such a lump in my throat when I read that story.  But you're right about it's beauty.  That little boy wasn't afraid...."Here!" he said.  I can't wait to hear God say my name...hopefully it will be preceded by, "Welcome".  Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »

Oaks of Righteousness

"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor" (Isa. 61:3).

It was the worst time in my life. Feeling betrayed by God, I stormed out of the door and walked up the heavily wooded hill behind my house. Reaching the hilltop, I raged at God. "God!" I shouted, "Is this how you treat someone who is faithful to You?! I've waited and waited. I've worked and prayed. And for what? For this?" My lungs hurt and my throat was raw - but I had one more thing to say to God. "I hate You, God! I hate You!"

I sat down on an old oak tree that had broken at the base and was lying on the ground. For the next three hours, I sobbed uncontrollably, unable to speak, unable to pray. I wondered how God could abandon me. I wondered if He even existed. Maybe I had wasted my life believing in a myth.

Finally, I got up to leave. When I looked over at the fallen oak that I had sat on, I noticed something interesting. The fallen tree was pointed toward the base of another oak tree - a tree that stood strong and tall with wide spreading branches. At that moment, I heard a quiet voice inside me say, Today, like this broken oak tree, you are a broken man. But this brokenness was needed in order for you to become like the large, strong oak tree that stands before you.

Years later, I would look back and know that God Himself had spoken to me out of my period of darkness and silence.

Even when I raged at God and told Him I hated Him, God was faithful and forgiving. Today, He has replaced the ashes of my despair with the oil of gladness. He has planted me firmly like a strong and sturdy oak tree, and I live my life in gratitude for His mercy.

Do you find yourself in a dark place? Share your true feelings with God. You'll be surprised how well He is willing to listen.

by Os Hillman

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »

Days of the Week

Monday WashDay
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you  with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday  Ironing  Day   
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the  beauty in others.

Wednesday Mending Day 
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
set a bad example for others.

Thursday  Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in  the secret corners of my heart.

Friday Shopping  Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness  for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday Cooking  Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it  with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday  The  Lord's Day   
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please help me so I may spend the  day and the rest of my life in your presence.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »

What If God Had An Answering Machine?

Answering machines seem to be a necessary part of our modern day living.  But I wonder.... What if God decided to install an automated answering machine?

Imagine praying and hearing this answer:

"Thank you for calling My Father's House.  Please select one of the following four options:  Press 1 for requests, press 2 for a thankgiving, press 3 for complaints, for all other inquiries press 4.

What if God used the familiar excuse: "All angles are helping other customers right now.  Please stay on the line.  Your call will be answered in the order it was received."

Can you imagine getting these kinds of responses as you called on God in prayer?
  • If you would like to speak with Gabriel, press 1; for Michael 2; for any other angels, press 3.
    If you would like King David to sing you a psalm, press 6
    To find out if your relative is here, enter his/her date of death and listen for the list that follows.
    For reservations at My Father's House, simply press the letters J-O-H-N, followed by the numbers 3-1-6.
    For answers to nagging questions about dinosaurs, the age of the earth, and where Noah's ark is, wait till you get here.
    Our computers show that you have called once today already.  Please hang up immediately.
    This office is closed for the weekend.  Please call again on Monday.

Thank God you can't call Him too often!  You only need to ring once and god hears you.  Because of Jesus, you never get a busy signal.  God takes each call and knows each caller personally.

Then you will call and the Lord will answer, you will cry for help and he will say; 'Here I am'.
Isaiah 58:9

* Personal note:...... I LOVE THAT VERSE!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under' - Ronald Reagan

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2008, 05:55:52 AM »

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under' - Ronald Reagan

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister, I think this is a completely true statement. By the way, that was a beautiful graphic, and I did snag it.

SOON, I think that the world will get to see how things are with devil, and they will get to see the same end. Bluntly, the devil doesn't have anything except misery, and the misery is forever. We are watching a time where the powers of darkness are getting much stronger - just like the BIBLE said that they would. Even the imagined pleasures of darkness are misery, so I really don't understand what the devil has to offer. Whatever it is, this lost and dying world will get its fill before the DAY OF THE LORD.

As Christians, we have a better HOPE, and it isn't of this world.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

We are watching a time where the powers of darkness are getting much stronger - just like the BIBLE said that they would.

True.  So very true.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »

Coming to Mom's Rescue

It was one of the worst days of my life:  The washing machine broke down, the telephone kept ringing, my head ached, and the mail carrier brought a bill I had no money to pay.  Almost to the breaking point, I lifted my one-year-old into his highchair, leaned my head against the tray, and began to cry.  Without a word, my son took his pacifier out of his mouth and stuck it in mine.

Clara Null

Night Shift

Kathy Smith, West Coast TV-news anchorwoman, claims that off-camera and without makeup she wouldn't be recognized.  to avoid attracting attention in her Seattle neighborhood, she asked her children not to tell people what she did for a living.
   One day, while her five-year-old son was getting a haircut, she overheard him reply to a question from the barber about her work:  "I can't tell you what my mom does.  All I know is she gets all dressed up and goes out at night."

Contributed by Maggi White

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2008, 09:05:38 AM »

Grin   Grin    ROFL!

This was another HOOT! Children do have a way of putting us in our place fairly quickly and keeping us humble.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2008, 05:40:48 PM »

Grin   Grin    ROFL!

This was another HOOT! Children do have a way of putting us in our place fairly quickly and keeping us humble.

Hey!  I used to have a Shar Pei!  They are from China so I called him "Charlie Chan -The Animal Man"!!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »

Kiss

I'm in the military, and being on time is always an issue.  I woke up late that morning, left late... the day was going horribly.  My six-year-old son wasn't speedy enough for me which increased my frustration.  we finally left for school and I was in no mood for chit-chat.  Halfway there I felt bad fro all my grumblings that morning.  It wasn't his fault I got up late.  He's only six, I thought, but I didn't relent.  We got to school, gave a quick hug and kiss and then I left.  While thinking about what lay ahead for the day, still worrying about being late, I backed out of the school parking lot.  Something told me to look up.  There he was, my sweet precious child blowing a kiss in the window.  It stopped me in my tracks.  For all the grumbling I had done that morning, all the yelling to hurry up, that one blown kiss made me stop.  Who cared if was late?  I certainly didn't, not by then at least.  My boss and my job would wait.  What really mattered here?  It was a simple reminder to slow down, lighten up, keep it simple.  My six-year-old reminded me time really didn't matter, only love.  I'll try harder not to forget that lesson, Son - I love you, too.

Katherine Pepin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »

Trouble Brewing

After an exhausting weekend, I woke up Monday morning and sleepily packed lunch for my eight-year-old.
When I got home from work late that day, she handed me a note from her teacher, requesting I see her.  "What's
this about?" I asked sternly.
   Opening her lunch box, my daughter showed me the drink I had given her that morning.  It was a can of beer.

Cynthia Briche

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the