Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  hard rock/metal church?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hard rock/metal church?  (Read 4783 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2003, 06:16:20 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

Jason, I had no idea you were that young. Are you shaving yet.  

*LOL* Now that made me laugh quite heartily!  Jas?  You surely are a youngin'.  I've had diabetes nearly as long as you've lived, give or take a couple of years...

Yeah it made me laugh too.  I don't think I'm old but I'm surely not 19 either.  I have been shaving for quite sometime, including my head nowadays as well.  Don't like the bald caesar cut ya know?  Most people think I'm older all the time.  I had someone at work think I was older than them and she's 33.   Embarrassed

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2003, 06:29:42 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4ever,

Jason, I had no idea you were that young. Are you shaving yet.   Grin

UUMM, hehehe yeah, that's purty funny.

I understand your perspective on a lot of things you said, and I would agree with most of them. However, I would disagree that music can't be used to reach the lost.

No one will be saved by a pretty little song be it, country, jazz, rock, metal, or good ole hymn.  I was saved because I read the bible.  While trying to prove someone wrong the LORD decided to convict my heart about it.

I come from a family full of preachers and missionaries. My dad was a minister for 60 years. My mother and dad sang gospel music and played various instruments on big radio stations to get their first preaching engagements. He did what they call circuit preaching for nearly 30 of those years, and music was a major drawing card to get the folks there. Every service was about 1/3 music and 2/3 preaching. They continued to do this several days a week for years after moving into a permanent church building. As a result, lots of folks drove 40 to 70 miles on Sunday for church.

I don't really believe in gimmicks but to each their own I guess.  I'm sure the music your parents played wasn't foot stopim hoopin and hollerin.  I surely must contest I don't see how some headbanging and moshing is in anyway christ like.  You see I KNOW this culture well for I was a part of it for a time.  I'm trying to tell you it's not a good thing.  I wish I could remember the link to the metal band demon hunter.  You'd think hell itself was screamin and growling at you.  If you even heard some of this stuff you might change your mind.  I'm against it because I know it all too well.  I personally think that "metal" is a poor excuse for music but I'm quite the "snob" about music.

Just a little trivia you might get a laugh out of. My parents first sound system ran off of multiple car batteries and the speakers were mounted on top of the car. It was given to them by the Sons of the Pioneers, the singing group who played with Roy Rogers. Is that too far back in the stone-age for you to know about?  

I know Roy Rogers!!  They sell hamburgers and stuff right?   Wink

I know of, but do not "know" that music and genre.  It's purty old though hehehehe.  Funny about their sound system.  I had quite the stereo in my car for quite some time.  I had a thousand watt AMP with 15" sub woofers and 280Watt 7x10's in the side.  I think they would have been just fine using my car for the entire neighborhood.   Wink   I also had to have a full fera capacitor so my headlights wouldn't keep dimming and kill the battery.

I was one of the annoying kids that you could hear from at least 3 blocks away and sing along.  hehe

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2003, 08:19:40 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Saved_4Ever,

Cheesy  I guess I need to get an education on what Metal is.

Reference the music my parents played and sang, it was the old and beautiful hymns, done softly with pretty harmony. At one time, they were holding meetings in 38 rural communities. They announced the services on radio stations, but they also used that sound system out in the country.

My mother still lives. I'll have to ask her if she ever did any foot stompin' music. If I survive the question, I'll tell you what she said.   Grin

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the