Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286828 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Satan, lying, cheating and stealing ways
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Satan, lying, cheating and stealing ways  (Read 8042 times)
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »

PART II

1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Do you know the enemy and all his ways, only God knows, and His Word is our only weapon.  For me to know what the enemy has in store, well, I would never be so bold to claim that, because  first I put the I in there, and how much experience do "I" have in coming up against him, he is powerful, hes been at this, like from the beginning !
And with that attitude of heart, get ready, because some chastisement &  humbleness is forth coming down the road.
We are to be alert, Ephesians 6:18.
 Eph 5:11  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Is getting high, or drunk fruitful?
Would ya smoke a joint with Jesus? Or get drunk with Jesus? Not with my Jesus would you. He went around the least, like me to sent us free.
Heb 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Repentance and deliverance is there, going to elders and having them pray over you and the laying on of hands and you wanting to be free, then the truth will set you free, it is a stronghold, wanting to get high.
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for the pulling down strongholds, cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing everythought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Cor. 10:3-5

Do you pray on the Armor of God? As is written in Ephesians 6:10-20? We have to crucify our flesh or make our thought life to that of Christ, and that takes time, faith, and obedience to the Word and will not be complete until Christ Jesus returns.
Eze 36:31  Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
2Co 7:10  For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
Rom 13:13  Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Rom 13:14  But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.
Common sense here, will do -- deny yourself -- it takes surrender.

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
That's what this thread is about, a thought of getting high, cast it down and fill it with Jesus, The Word, Jesus is the Word.
Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Pray this.
Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
What a promise! I gave this one to my wife almost 15 months later she was delivered, Praise Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pro 14:9  Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favor.
Justification is mocking sin!
Surrender is the answer, we have to stop fighting God, others, and ourselves.
I've  seen it happen, I know where you are at, and you can only fight by being obedient and stay right with the Lord, seeking Him, prayer, the Word, renewing the mind { making our mind, mind our born again new mind}  worship, staying away from areas where you might fall, that means giving up friends sometimes, who might only be ponds of the enemy in the first place. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, how deep you want to go then that, brother?
Fear the Lord, it's better now to take that grace from repentance, and learn from it. Remember He is in control, and He will chaste, I know that for a fact. Remember, do you love me? May it echo in your heart always I pray friend in Jesus name.
The Greek word for "stronghold is echo and it means to hold fast.

Heavenly Father, Our Almighty Abba, God, blessed be Your name,
Lord I pray for this man,
May the "Words of Christ dwell richly in him  in all wisdom, understanding, knowledge and teachings, and may the truth, truly set him free. I pray Father God for this man to be set free from the deception in his nature, and he be blessed with the truth in revelation to the passions and disires of our Lord Jesus Christ that he may draw closer to thee with a  sound mind truly hearing your voice. May he be delivered Lord from them wiles of the enemy and them desires of worldly comforts of drugs and strong drink, if his heart also agrees Lord free him from them bonds and strongholds Satan has placed against him.  For Your Word Lord says the truth will sent us free, and by Your stripes we are healed,
I ask this in Jesus Name, Amen

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee
Only  always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
lightsavour

coo coo caw

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 01:28:13 AM »

ggamble, amen and HALLELUJIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude, your post almost is bringing me to tears. there were parts in it where u outrightly said i was wrong, and that im fighting Gods final answer... and I just wanted to write back that you weren't answering my questions.
now i want to cry. thank you dreamweaver as well. but ggamble, God really used you tonight, so I hope you actually prayed for me. I feel your prayers, and I feel Gods hand calming my brain (a brain that still feels the poison)

I needed you guys these past 2 days. i didnt even know why i was bringing the whole thing up again, i thought when i quit that i had repented and had it resolved. I see now I hadn't, not until I got part way through your post and realized that I had to make a choice what I was going to hear from you. I had to choose to be angry for you not commenting on my verses, or to see that God showed you to care more about me than the foolish question I had arrived at yet again for the 10th time in my life
by the way, i did not get high 10 times. rather ive probably smoked 10,000 joints since I got saved 6 yrs ago. ive done worse drugs too, and you can be sure your post is being written down in heaven for eternal reward.

I embrace you as a brother in Christ. you were my elder tonight my friend
God bless you for always, and I look forward to talking again.
i think I will have new zeal like i havent in a long time now... i cant keep asking this silly question... and I have to admit now that dreamweavers post was Gods purpose to begin with. as soon as I saw it I thought vainly that I could add great wisdom to it. How vain of me, my words could have been so dark. Im happy now to be an example of needing correction and getting it... i think sometimes my life is like a guinea pig for others to learn off of because I try to be so wise even when im weak.,.... it always makes me show up as vain as I really am.... and then I pray Gods hand is seen as well... because I surely did not expect this thread to get to this point.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL  Smiley

Proverbs 18:1 "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

Lightsavour,

All praise goes to Jesus,  I all ready got the only reward I ever wanted, to be with Him, that's being blessed. You need some one to be accountable too, brother, another brother that walks it. And yes, I'll be praying for you. But you need folks close to you praying for you also. That 15 months I talked about with my wife was not just all easy for any human being, she would tell ya the same. That's when we have to carry our cross for them we love to see it, because they are in denial and Satan knows it and he feeds them, and it can get awfully ugly at times. You are getting tested too! Lets put it this way, your relate to Jesus with all the affliction that comes with it. But persistant prayer, seeking Him, trusting Him, no man would have gone through it and I didn't, Jesus did, my feet were fitted in the Gospel of peace.
   But He woke her up, opened her eyes, I loved her as He loved me, unconditionally. But, it's always our choice, we can learn the hard way, or with a little less drama.  The options are always there before the flood, repent and walk up right and keep seeking Him, and suffer Him no more, deny yourself and follow Him.
When that temptation comes, remember do you love Him? Peter, what a man, we all can relate to him.

He Reigns
Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother, that's been there and  back
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »

AMEN ggamble, that was well put together, brother. You gave Glory to God, for he is only worthy brother!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the