Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:00:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Kerry suggests troops lazy, not very bright
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kerry suggests troops lazy, not very bright  (Read 1356 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 03:58:11 PM »

Open mouth and insert both feet. Next he will do a big flip flop. Personally I don't think that he is bright enough to realise just exactly what he said. He seems to have a big problem in being able to talk and think at the same time. He seems to not be aware of the many people in Military service that are of a much higher education than he has not to mention common sense.

Kerry suggests troops
lazy, not very bright 
Tells students study hard or 'get stuck in Iraq,'
White House, McCain slam senator for 'insult'

Democratic Sen. John Kerry warned students in a campaign speech last night that if they don't study hard and get a good education they might "get stuck in Iraq."

The remark is being interpreted by many veterans – including Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. – as a slam at military service, suggesting it's a last refuge for the lazy and uneducated.

Video of Kerry's comment can be seen here.

Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran, was speaking at a rally at Pasadena City College in Southern California for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides.

The Massachusetts senator told the students: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq. ..."

Audience reaction to the comment included gasps and laughter, the San Gabriel Valley Tribune reported.

The paper said Kerry was trying to emphasize Angelides would be a better governor for college students because he would repeal an increase in college tuition and expand financial aid.

Kerry, a strong critic of President Bush's Iraq policy, has called for the dismissal of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. The senator said in a statement last week it's "clearer than ever that we need new leadership if we are ever going to change the administration's failed course in Iraq."

White House press secretary Tony Snow called Kerry's comment an "absolute insult."

"Senator Kerry not only owes an apology to those who are serving, but also to the families of those who've given their lives in this."

Kerry hit back at the White House in a statement, charging it's the president and his administration who owe U.S. troops an apology because they "misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it."

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium."

But with a growing firestorm of criticism, Kerry decided to hold a press conference this afternoon in Seattle where he is campaigning for Democratic candidates. The senator said he would not apologize, calling his comment a "botched joke about the president and the president's people, not about the troops."

He accused the White House of attempting to distort his statement and turn everything into "raw politics."

Kerry angered many in the military last December with remarks in an interview with CBS "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer, accusing U.S. soldiers of "terrorizing" Iraqi children.

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the – of – the historical customs, religious customs," Kerry said. "Whether you like it or not ... Iraqis should be doing that."

Those remarks reminded many Americans of Kerry's most controversial testimony before the nation in 1970, when he was a returning Vietnam vet calling for the immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces in that conflict.

He told senators about hearings he helped organize among disenchanted Vietnam war vets in which accusations of atrocities by U.S. troops were recounted.

"They told stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country," he said.

'Insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed'

Responding today to last night's comment, McCain, a POW in Vietnam and potential rival to Kerry in the 2008 presidential election, said in a statement the senator "owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education."

"Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere," McCain said.

The Arizona Republican said the "suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night."

"Without them, we wouldn't live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks," McCain concluded.

Sen. David Vitter, R-La., fired off a letter to Kerry today, calling the comment "truly despicable and offensive."

"It's a slap in the face of all of our intelligent, dedicated, brave men," Vitter wrote. " ... They aren't stupid, uneducated, or lazy. They're heroes. And they deserve your immediate apology."

The national commander of the American Legion also has called on Kerry to apologize.

"As a constituent of Senator Kerry's, I am disappointed. As leader of the American Legion, I am outraged," said Paul A. Morin. "A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn't true then and his warped view of today's heroes isn't true now."

Last year, the Heritage Foundation published a study titled, "Debunking the myth of the underprivileged soldier," which said "the typical recruit in the all-volunteer force is wealthier, more educated and more rural than the average 18- to 24-year-old citizen is."

For every two recruits coming from the poorest neighborhoods, the study said, "there are three recruits coming from the richest neighborhoods."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »

Shoot, i got an 85 on the ASVAB did one year of college, have two certifications dealing with industrial tech and CISCO Networking technology. Ole kerry better stick his foot in his mouth. Alot of our military are smart and have ALOT of common sense. Otherwise they wouldn't have passed the MEPS process...geesh. Kerry cracks me up sometimes.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »

First, hello Brother Joshua, it's great to hear from you.

I had to listen to Kerry himself speak the words a couple of times before it finally sunk in that he didn't make any error and meant to say exactly what he said. There is no way that his story that he was talking about Bush makes any sense. His opportunity to apologize for a boneheaded statement was refused and he tried to blame everything on Bush. All I can say is that the Republicans need to collect a bunch of money for Mr. John Kerry, make sure he has a big microphone, and send him all over the country to finish up all of the campaigns. It's a rude reminder about how happy we should be that John Kerry is not our President.

I am offended by what John Kerry did in the Viet Nam era, and I am offended by what John Kerry is doing now. We can boil things down, look at what Kerry said, and reach the conclusion that Kerry thinks the men and women serving their country in Iraq are stupid. This goes right along with his Hanoi Jane (Jane Fonda) mentality and testimony in the Viet Nam era. He said what he meant, and he has refused to apologize. It would have been wise for Kerry to say that he made a mistake and apologize. Everyone will get to hear Kerry's remarks again, and there is no excuse that Kerry can use to wiggle out of it. Kerry has insulted our troops, but he has insulted our troops many times before.

I'll simply say that Kerry is a complete disgrace to our country. I am very proud of our men and women serving in the military, and I hope they know there are millions just like me who appreciate every drop of sweat and blood they shed in protecting us.

Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »

he's a dad gum nut as we like to call it over here in TN. I can't put it more simply. I have more qualifications than kerry ever did...lol Smiley Yea i'm still alive and kicking, just staying busy and working all the time when I actually have a job. hee hee.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:59:03 PM »

I know what you mean Joshua. There are many in service that have a high degree and have passed the ASVAB at a high level with a whole lot more common sense and many of these are enlited men and women.

I am proud to say that I served with many such a person. Unfortunately there were a few that did not fit that category such as John Kerry who broke some very serious regulations. Regulations that should have had him legally labeled as a traitor for life (in my opinion he is).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 07:14:18 PM »

makes me wanna go punch him in the teeth cause of his comment...lol. We who are going into the military aren't dumb, we just choose to serve our country. I'd best shut up before i get into trouble lol.

Joshua

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:12:30 PM »

makes me wanna go punch him in the teeth cause of his comment...lol. We who are going into the military aren't dumb, we just choose to serve our country. I'd best shut up before i get into trouble lol.

Joshua

Grin  Brother Joshua, I understand your feelings completely. I'll try to give you the gist of something my son told me while he was serving in the Navy. Preserving freedom means that people like Michael Moore and John Kerry also have freedom. I think that's a good way to put everything into perspective. One would think that a person who almost became the President would have more common sense, but we obviously have some folks in office who don't have common sense or dignity. There is no distortion of John Kerry's statement, and there is no excuse for his statement. His statement stands alone, and every American we be able to judge it for themselves. I would hope that his state takes this bonehead out of office. It also makes me sick to hear his so-called war hero stories while he was working with Jane Fonda and the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam era.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

I don't think anyone wants to see what is being said about him on the Military/Veteran forums. Those forums are really super busy tonight and it isn't a pretty sight.

Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

good i hope he gets lamblasted. There's only one way people can take that kind of comment. His attack against the war failed and backfired big time. As for me, if it means that Americans can have freedom i'll fight for it, regardless of what a Senator on capitol hill says. I for one hope i never meet the guy...cause i have a cousin and alot of friends who are fighting for his freedom as well as others...and I am soon to join them. Regardless of what war we're in, or what battle, i'll defend this country as will hundreds of thousands of other americans who are already and getting ready to serve. Shame on you John Kerry, shame on you. We fight for your freedom and this is how you repay...very considerate of you. Sorry i'm done now lol...laterz.

Joshua

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 07:03:49 AM »

Kerry knew exactly what he was saying and how he meant it. He wasn't talking about President Bush. He was talking about our troops. His unsavory humor, his sarcasm, and his lack of education in public relations, tact, and scrupouls, made him turn his idiotic comment around to make it seem like he meant something else. He seems to think that he can fool an entire nation. Like the Bible says even a FOOL seems wise when he keeps his mouth closed. I wonder if Kerry even knows what a Bible looks like.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:47:38 AM »

I wonder if Kerry even knows what a Bible looks like.

If he does it's probably from about 50 ft or maybe more.

I can remember seeing him on TV at all those anti-war rallies when I got back from Viet Nam. He hasn't changed much since then except for to look older. I remember wondering then why he wasn't arrested for the things he was doing. If I were to have gone to one of the anti-war rallies just to stand in the crowd (which I would never had done) I would have been arrested and thrown into the brig.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »

Iowa candidate cancels Kerry campaign visit
Democrat says senator's comments about Iraq war, education inappropriate

DES MOINES, Iowa 1st District congressional candidate Bruce Braley has canceled a campaign event scheduled later this week with Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, saying that the senator's recent comments about the Iraq war were inappropriate.
Braley, a Democrat, is running against Republican Mike Whalen in Iowa's 1st District congressional race -- a contest considered to be one of the most competitive House races in the country.

Braley's appearance with Kerry, the Democrats nominee for president in 2004, was scheduled for Thursday.

Braley spokesman Jeff Giertz says the decision to cancel the event with Kerry was made independently. The decision came as a furor grew over comments Kerry made about the Iraq War yesterday (Monday).

Speaking at a campaign event in California, Kerry said, "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

The remark has prompted sharp criticism from some Republicans, including President Bush.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 08:18:35 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I really don't want to even remember it. Kerry and people like him caused a lot of torment for many of my friends. It was hard enough without the John Kerry and Jane Fonda types, and I can't stand the thought that another generation of brave men and women could be treated that way when coming home. If I have anything to say about it, the members of our Armed Forces will be treated with the dignity, honor, and respect they already deserve.

I don't think that a lot of folks understand what's really going on. We really don't want to live like the people of Israel have for the last 50 years. Suicide bombers, rockets, and terrorists have been a part of their day to day lives for the entire population. The young and the old must know how to defend themselves and be ready to fight for their survival. BUT, it is impossible to defend against all of the cowardly tactics that terrorists use, so many completely innocent people of Israel have died and many don't know what it's like to feel safe. This is what the terrorists want for us. So far, our outstanding armed services have kept the terrorists so busy in other parts of the world that they haven't been able to do what they want to on our soil. 9-11 was supposed to only be a beginning, not an end.

I, for one, will pray for them every day, and I will treat them with the utmost respect and appreciation every opportunity I get. My family and the families of my children will enjoy freedom, peace, and safety, and we will know who to thank: GOD and the members of our armed forces.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:13-14 NASB  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

Len

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 09:38:08 PM »

Kerry knew exactly what he was saying and how he meant it. He wasn't talking about President Bush. He was talking about our troops. His unsavory humor, his sarcasm, and his lack of education in public relations, tact, and scrupouls, made him turn his idiotic comment around to make it seem like he meant something else. He seems to think that he can fool an entire nation. Like the Bible says even a FOOL seems wise when he keeps his mouth closed. I wonder if Kerry even knows what a Bible looks like.

Absolutely, he knew. It was no botched joke. He said exactly what he meant. I'd like to hear how the joke was SUPPOSED to go. He's lying through his teeth now that he's been caught. Standard Kerry maneuvers.

"The Lord is my portion says my soul. Therefore, I will hope in Him."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »

Standard Kerry maneuvers. MANURE

Sorry I couldn't help it  Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the