Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Amazing coincidence?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazing coincidence?  (Read 3708 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2005, 01:47:24 PM »

Just thought ya'll might like to hear this.

A recent census conducted in Israel by the gov't. resulted in this small little tidbit.

There are currently 144,000 Christians living in Israel.

It did not say they were Messianic Jews, or converted Jews, or expatriates, or otherwise....only that 144,000 people claim Christ as there savior.

Hmmmmmmm...................

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 02:37:11 PM »

ought row, that truly is amazing!

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 03:36:16 AM »

Evangelist,

Brother Hank, I don't believe in coincidence, but I do believe in God's Will and Purpose. I know that you do also.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 100:4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 04:42:07 AM »

nifty, do you happen to have a link or source I can use for that?

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »

http://www.holylandnews.net/?id=11632

Don't know if it will show up for you, since it is a subscriber only newsfeed, but you can try it.

BroHank
shrekandogre

Romans 8:1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 07:09:23 PM »

Im sry but thats a nice coincidence but i doesnt mean anything because if they are Christians then that means they will be brought up with the Rapture.  

I know what I wrote I was there when I wrote it.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 09:13:09 PM »

Im sry but thats a nice coincidence but i doesnt mean anything because if they are Christians then that means they will be brought up with the Rapture.  

First, WELCOME to Christians Unite!

If the RAPTURE happens before the Tribulation Period, the 144,000 will not be raptured. Bible prophecy will be fulfilled to the letter. The 144,000 will not be a coincidence, rather a fact. The existence and purpose of the 144,000 will absolutely mean more than just something. They WILL carry out the plan and purpose of GOD at HIS appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

shrekandogre

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 11:03:32 PM »

If the RAPTURE happens before the Tribulation Period, the 144,000 will not be raptured. Bible prophecy will be fulfilled to the letter. The 144,000 will not be a coincidence, rather a fact. The existence and purpose of the 144,000 will absolutely mean more than just something. They WILL carry out the plan and purpose of GOD at HIS appointed time.

Sry again but that makes no sense.  The rapture will happen before the tribulation period there is a biblical proof of that. (1 Thess. 5:9;  2 Thess 2:6-8) so if this is true which it is because its the Bible then those who are saved will be raptured including the 144,000 people in Isreal who are Christians.  Therefore its seen that God's remaining elect on thie earth that are Jews who have not come to Christ will become those 144,000 witnesses.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »

Sry again but that makes no sense.  The rapture will happen before the tribulation period there is a biblical proof of that. (1 Thess. 5:9;  2 Thess 2:6-8) so if this is true which it is because its the Bible then those who are saved will be raptured including the 144,000 people in Isreal who are Christians.  Therefore its seen that God's remaining elect on thie earth that are Jews who have not come to Christ will become those 144,000 witnesses.

Let me state this more simply:

Regardless of events and timing of events, there will be 144,000 who will fulfill God's plan and purpose. All Bible prophecy will be fulfilled to the letter. If you disagree with this more simple statement, you will be disagreeing with the Holy Bible. If so, we can simply agree to disagree. I won't be debating a Biblical fact with you. If the 144,000 spoken of by Evangelist are the ones mentioned in the Holy Bible, they will fulfill prophecy to the letter, regardless of your agreement or disagreement. The only matter of discussion regards whether they are the 144,000 spoken of by the Bible. If so, their agenda is already set by God.

By the way, I believe in the RAPTURE of THE CHURCH prior to the Tribulation Period also. BUT, I don't think this should be a matter for brothers and sisters in Christ to go to war with each other for. I enjoy pleasant discussions on these matters, but they are not Salvation issues.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Acts 26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 11:56:04 AM »

OK!!! no arguing here. BUT I will say this. The 144,000 aren't Christians, they are Jews. They will be 144,000 Jews, who are virgins, and who are sealed with the Seal of God to go out and witness. This is evident by the mention that 12,000 will each come from the Tribes of Israel. It is a good coincidence, but however the Scriptures are pretty clear that they will be from the 12 tribes of Israel, meaning they are Jewish. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
shrekandogre

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 12:14:52 PM »

First off blackeyepeas...im not saying that the Bible is wrong in any way I was just really confused by your statement it sounded a little off when I read it.   And when the Rapture will occur is important to an extent I agree with that.  But I wont go into that because this isnt the thread for this conversation.

Jemidon2004 I agree that the 144,000 are Jews but that doesnt mean they wont be Christians.  To have the Seal of God you need to be a Christian.  Christians are not just Gentiles they are both Jews and Gentiles.

Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 10:49:12 AM »

Revelations chapter 7:4 clearly identifies the 144,000 as Jews. In fact the 144,000 are from the 12 tribes of Israel. verse 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of LEvi twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »

Brothers,

It's an absolute fact that the 144,000 spoken of in the Holy Bible are Jews, 12,000 from each tribe. This isn't a question at all, just facts.

If the 144,000 mentioned in the article by Evangelist are these 144,000, their future works are already sealed by God, regardless of other events in the end of this age. If they aren't the same 144,000 mentioned in the Holy Bible, the 144,000 will arrive at God's appointed time, and they will fulfill God's plan and purpose. So, it's really a question of: Are the 144,000 mentioned by Evangelist the 144,000 in the Holy Bible? I don't know, but I don't believe in coincidence. If they are the same, we are close to a day of GREAT REJOICING! I think that we are regardless.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »

Brothers,

It's an absolute fact that the 144,000 spoken of in the Holy Bible are Jews, 12,000 from each tribe. This isn't a question at all, just facts.

If the 144,000 mentioned in the article by Evangelist are these 144,000, their future works are already sealed by God, regardless of other events in the end of this age. If they aren't the same 144,000 mentioned in the Holy Bible, the 144,000 will arrive at God's appointed time, and they will fulfill God's plan and purpose. So, it's really a question of: Are the 144,000 mentioned by Evangelist the 144,000 in the Holy Bible? I don't know, but I don't believe in coincidence. If they are the same, we are close to a day of GREAT REJOICING! I think that we are regardless.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Tom & All.....
Well...really got something started here!  Grin
I don't believe that the 144,000 mentioned in the article are the same as the 144,000 spoken of in scripture. Also, while the 144,000 of scripture are Jews, 12K from each of the tribes, it still remains that they are .... CHRISTIAN, since they confess Jesus as Messiah, Lord and Savior.  Since two of the tribes are still considered "missing in action," although the Ethiopian group claims to be one, I think the 144K is still future.

I only thought it was an interesting coincidence....certainly didn't mean to get any fight started.   Grin Grin Grin Wink

BroHank
shrekandogre

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 11:10:44 PM »

There is nothing wrong with fighting it helps people get there opinions out there and set others straight.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the