Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  King James Version 100% pure
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: King James Version 100% pure  (Read 28131 times)
PeterAV
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2005, 10:50:22 PM »

Quote from: Allinall ..Except for the transliteration and mistranslation...
[quote
You got that right,Allinall.The modern versions have a hard time figuring out what 'hell' is,They PREFER hades and Sheol.
Sure updates the archaic English eh?
PeterAV
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2005, 11:07:31 PM »

Quote from: joelkaki Honestly, I don't see how any computer test is going to decide something like that. quote
The computer test does not decide anything,is true.But I did think it quite informative that after pumping billions of bits of info,that it confirmed what Bible believers always knew.Along with all of the evidence at first hand,plus the computer confirmation,goes a long way to change a few wayward folks that got sucked into the modern versions,thinking they might get something special,whan all they got was deceit and corruption.
God's word alone will decide every thing.In fact it is the only thing here that is the guarantee.It will stand for ever.
joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2005, 11:25:49 PM »

Quote from: joelkaki Honestly, I don't see how any computer test is going to decide something like that. quote
The computer test does not decide anything,is true.But I did think it quite informative that after pumping billions of bits of info,that it confirmed what Bible believers always knew.Along with all of the evidence at first hand,plus the computer confirmation,goes a long way to change a few wayward folks that got sucked into the modern versions,thinking they might get something special,whan all they got was deceit and corruption.
God's word alone will decide every thing.In fact it is the only thing here that is the guarantee.It will stand for ever.

I assume that by God's Word there you mean the KJV.  Why exactly do you assume that the KJV is such?  Why is it the best?

Personally, I rather doubt the truth of the "textual calculus" anyway.  Those who are doing it obviously have an agenda, and considering that they don't have the original manuscripts to compare it to, I'm not sure where they are going with it.  

Joel
Reba
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2005, 01:55:38 AM »

When was steel invented? or discovered or what ever?
PeterAV
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2005, 02:14:49 AM »

Quote from: joelkaki
I assume that by God's Word there you mean the KJV.  Why exactly do you assume that the KJV is such?  Why is it the best?
Joel
[quote
Of course,all of the others are fake knock offs.Just read my post a couple back.I do not assume that it is the best whatsoever.It is the best,because of all the evidence in its favour.Agrees with 99 percent of the manuscripts,verses the minority Alexandrian texts that can't even agree two verses in a row,because they were pumped out by single oppinionated heretics.They ommit tons of stuff including whole verses.Plus the main Manuscripts that they follow don't have MANY of the books of the Holy Bible in them.So the Translasion is an Eclectic one.In the extreme.
Plus the King James has been responsible for all of the major revivals of the reformation.Wessley,Finney,Moody,Etc.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 02:16:57 AM by PeterAV » Logged
AVBunyan
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2005, 08:08:20 AM »

Greetings brethren – I trust the post will be a blessing for this is my motive here not to stir up.

The question was why the AV1611 vs. the modern versions?  Here are just two reasons I will chose to chat about here:

1. The ability to cross-reference more accurately.
I believe the cross references in the AV are more accurate and exact thus giving the ability to let the scriptures unlock themselves by the cross-referencing.    I believe in their attempts to “update” the English the modern translators have greatly hindered one’s ability to get an accurate cross reference in many ways.  I’m trying to keep the length of this post down so if you are interested then try it and see how easy the AV cross-references vs. the modern versions.

2. The exactness of the wording of the AV vs. the modern versions.
I firmly believe that the AV is more exact in its description of the holy things of God in the AV than the modern versions.  I cite just several examples here and there are many more:

1. Pure vs. flawless – In the AV the word the Spirit often uses to describe God’s words is “pure”.  Pure carries with it in the definition “holy”.  Look up flawless (definition), which many of the modern version use to describe the word and you will see that holy is not part of being flawless.  Illustration – a septic tank can be flawless but not pure. Is the word flawless?  Yes it is but it is more – it is pure for it is holy for God and Christ are holy.  

2. Preeminence vs. sovereign – Look at Col. 1:18 and you will see that Christ has the preeminence, which carries with it in the definition “integrity”.  Many of the modern versions change preeminence to “sovereign” which does not carry with it integrity.  Illustration – Hitler was sovereign over Germany in WWI but did he have integrity?  With Jesus you have integrity.

Point – the AV is more accurate in its descriptions.  The above were but 2 but there are countless more.  One can say the modern versions are more accurate and exact than the AV in places.  I doubt it – it may appear to but you have to change the words and I believe God gave us the adjectives, etc. He wanted to use for us.  Modern versions may give another “slant” but when it comes to how the AV describes our Lord you can’t beat the AV!

Also - Some Subtle Doctrinal Changes:
Here the saint is saved.
AV - 1 Cor 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are “saved” it is the power of God.

Here the saint is in a process of being saved – this is because to Origen salvation was a process – works.
NIV - 1 Cor 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are “being saved” it is the power of God.

Here the faith is of the operation of God.
Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Here the work is transferred from the operation of God to one’s faith in the power God!
Col 2:12  having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
Here we see it is the faith of Christ, which justifies the sinner.
AV - Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ,

Here we see that it is one’s faith in Christ, which justifies – how can our faith do anything?  The faith of Christ has been transferred to man’s faith.  There is a big difference between Christ’s faith and ours.
Gal 2:16  know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Again - not trying to stir it up but to get folks to think if they have not seen such things before.  My purpose is for saints to have no doubts in the God’s word, which I believe to be found in the AV.  And by having no doubts this will give strength, boldness, and comfort thus drawing saints closer to our Saviour.

God bless
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2005, 12:32:54 PM »

My spirit is grieved over all this debate. It is the Spirit that gives life not the letter. Instead of arguing for the AV just preach it. If the teaching you teach is of the Spirit then fine. If not then you are just teaching the letter which brings death. The same goes for the versions. If what you teach is of God then rejoice! If not then you are simply of the letter. Jesus said my words are spirit. Paul said the letter kills but the spirit gives life.

2Co 3:6  Who3739 also2532 hath made us able2427, 2248 ministers1249 of the new2537 testament;1242 not3756 of the letter,1121 but235 of the spirit:4151 for1063 the3588 letter1121 killeth,615 but1161 the3588 spirit4151 giveth life.2227 KJV

2Co 3:6  who has also made us competent, as ministers of the new covenant; not of letter, but of spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit quickens. Darby

In one spirit is capitalized in the other Spirit is lower case. Which is correct?

Your teaching on this question is what is important and tells alot.

asaph

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2005, 12:56:29 PM »

Quote from: Allinall ..Except for the transliteration and mistranslation...
[quote
You got that right,Allinall.The modern versions have a hard time figuring out what 'hell' is,They PREFER hades and Sheol.
Sure updates the archaic English eh?

You jest.  Surely.  Besides, I was speaking of the words Baptize and Church both of which have been transliterated/mistranslated...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:58:41 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
PeterAV
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2005, 02:39:36 PM »

Quote from: Allinall
You jest.  Surely.  Besides, I was speaking of the words [i
Baptize[/i] and Church both of which have been transliterated/mistranslated...
They have not been mistranslated at all.These people knew at least 6 languages each fluently,and some up to 20,how about you.I know three.
I understand Baptism,and other languages understand Baptism.
I understand Church,and other languages understand Church.I would venture to say,that every person that reads this post KNOWS what Baptism is and what Church is.
But just how many will understand Sheol And Hades.
Hell is understandable,don't you think?
Let us not be straigning at gnats now.
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2005, 07:47:37 PM »

Allow me to butt in.

I find it ridiculous that some people are so gung-ho about the KJV. I can give a few reasons. For instance, some of the original 1611 King James Bibles referred to Esther as "he", and referred to Jesus as Judas in one verse. Also, the original 1611 King James contained the Apocrypha. Hardly inspired, if you ask me.

And yet, some people actually believe that the King James Bible is more reliable than the original documents. And some people say such things as "If it's not King James, it's not the Bible." Give me a break! Pardon me, but what did the Christians prior to 1611 do without the Bible??

There's a local church around here that won't let you use an NIV or anything else. They really think the KJV is the only Bible. It's like a whole religion inside Christianity. And of course, it only serves to alienate people. I know somebody who has been rebelling from Christianity, even though he was raised in a Christian home. The church I mentioned had a big part in this because he hated the fact that they were so judgemental and contentious when it came to Bible translations.

The whole thing really makes me sick.

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
PeterAV
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2005, 08:10:33 PM »

[quote author=Yoyostick IFor instance, some of the original 1611 King James Bibles referred to Esther as "he", and referred to Jesus as Judas in one verse. Also, the original 1611 King James contained the Apocrypha. Hardly inspired, if you ask me.
It may be true that there was the odd typographical error,here or there,in the first 1611.But those have been corrected.Plus there have been subsequent typographical errors in later editions of the 1611,but they always corect them back to the original 1611.Pretty remarkable scholarship if you ask me.NIV and NKJV have close to 100 changes per page.Some of it is in no Greek or Hebrew manuscripts anywhere.That is pretty shakey ground to be trusting in.

As far as the Apocrapha goes,the 1611 inserts the Apocrapha INBETWEEN the Old and New testaments.The texts that the modern versions are not even honest in typing their own documents,for the Alexandrian manuscripts[Aleph and B]have the Apocrapha in the text intermingled as PART OF the text.
They couldn't sell their fakes if they put every thing in,the way it is in their beloved Manuscripts.
 Plus the apocrapha was taken out of the KJV,anyway.

The new versions are refering to the Dead Sea Scrolls too.We all know that the Essenes were the rebelious culprits for that stuff.They include manuscrips that promote the confiscation of property.Promote the two coming Messiahs[one is religeous,the other is a Civil leader]
They call for initiation into taking the Name.
And people not taking the name in the seven year span,should be killed.
Real trustworthy material.

These are just a couple of the thousands of truthful reasons that the KJV IS the only word of God for the English speaking peoples.
If you knew what I knew,you would be in convulsions of repentance.
Once I found out some of this stuff,My wife and I pulled anAct 19:19,and burned all of our fake New age bibles.That incuded our NKJV wedding bible.
AVBunyan
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2005, 09:08:46 PM »

1. My spirit is grieved over all this debate.

2. It is the Spirit that gives life not the letter.

3. Instead of arguing for the AV just preach it.

1. Some of our spirit's have been grieved by the majority of "christianity" tossing aside the book that God has miraculously used and blessed for over 350 years.  

And yes we know God had his word prior to 1611.

2. We know this but the Spirit uses the word to do the work.

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psa 119:154  Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

And many more.

3. We, who defend it (you use the word aruge) do preach and teach it and use it in witnessing.  We are saddened that most do not use it, believe it, preach it, nor teach it and look at the results - the most worldly, carnal, flashly, unspiritual, ignorant Christianity ever!

Thank you - some of may not have enjoyed that but that's what I feel.

I believe nothing happens without the word of God.  And I believe the modern versions are not the word of God.  They may contain some of the words of God but are not the word of God.

Yes, one might be able to survive solely on a diet of McDonalds but their health will suffer.

Yes, one may survive only feeding on the modern versions but their spiritual growth will suffer.

God bless
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:29:27 PM by AVBunyan » Logged
Reba
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2005, 09:33:05 PM »

Did Job have steel? Was it invented at his time?
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2005, 10:41:53 PM »

Reba -
Steel was 'invented' in the mid-1800's by a guy named Henry Bessemer in England.  Steel is the product of a heat process involving iron and other metals.  I think Bible translations use the word 'steel' when 'iron' would be more accurate (although I'm sure they were experimenting with alloys in Job's time).
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2005, 11:00:39 PM »

Reba -
Steel was 'invented' in the mid-1800's by a guy named Henry Bessemer in England.  Steel is the product of a heat process involving iron and other metals.  I think Bible translations use the word 'steel' when 'iron' would be more accurate (although I'm sure they were experimenting with alloys in Job's time).
JN

But judgenot! You must be mistaken the KJV (which is my favorite) uses the word steel in discribing  things of old .......

2 Samuel 22:35
35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
KJV
Job 20:24
24 He shall flee from the iron weapon, and the bow of steel shall strike him through.
KJV
Psalms 18:34
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
KJV
Jeremiah 15:12
12 Shall iron break the northern iron and the steel?
KJV

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the