Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christmas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 5331 times)
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2007, 08:38:11 AM »

Twas the month before Christmas
When all through our land,
Not a Christian was praying
Nor taking a stand.

Why the Politically Correct Police had taken away,
The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
The children were told by their schools not to sing,
About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.
It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say
December 25th is just a "Holiday".

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit
Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!
CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod
Something was changing, something quite odd!
Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging their trees upside down
At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.
At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears
You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.
Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!
At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter
To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.
And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith
Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace.

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
The reason for the season, stopped before it started.
So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream Tree"
Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say
Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holiday!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:46:06 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR COMING TO US AND DOING ALL THAT YOU HAVE THAT WE MAY SEE ETERNAL LIFE!!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:35:04 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR COMING TO US AND DOING ALL THAT YOU HAVE THAT WE MAY SEE ETERNAL LIFE!!

AMEN!!

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

AMEN.  MERRY  CHRISTMAS  are the words i wish to hear and see displayed. I gave a copy of this poem to a friend at church. He said the only sad part about the poem, was the fact that it is all true.
IBTina, thank you for sharing this poem with all of us, it really hits home on what is going on in the USA, these days.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

I agree.. MERRY CHRISTMAS...
 and on another thread i posted that song
"Lets Put Christ Back Into Christmas (This Year) "
by tammy Wynette! Its so true!!

I love everything about christmas.but especially that I can celebrate teh birth of Christ.. and so the salvation of my soul! and the souls saved everywhere!!!
 I love the snow.. the lights.. the music.. but again more then that Christ.,, and the feelings of love and happiness and togetherness etc..
now this will be my first year that m,y kids will be gone from around 4pm christmas day till the next day! gonna be so HARD!!! to deal with..soo will have to deal wiht it thru Gods Grace.. I cant say I will miss being with my EX at this season.. cause he always fought about soemthing etc.. so this year.. gonna do everything I can to make it Happy, fun.. about God..etc.. cause there wont be to many gifts under the tree!! but..

Good is Good ALL the TIME!!!!!

so
again

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!!!

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »

Sweet!  Ya know, it's funny.  Try as they do to take Him out of it, He still manages to be the focus, doesn't He?   I mean, it's a minority group trying to push Him out of the majorities view point for their comfort and "rights".  Yah?  Well it's my American right to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 Cheesy

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

AMEN AND AMEN!

Nobody can beat or cut the name of JESUS CHRIST out of us. We will thank, worship, praise, and celebrate the name of JESUS CHRIST for eternity. No power will be able to stop us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »

AMEN!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 12:58:58 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »

Hi Allinall... I didnt get a chance to say houdy to ya since getting back to CU, so taking the chance now..
soooo
HI ALLINALL!! Cheesy Wink hehe...

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »

Hi Sis!  It's nice to be back.  I may have more time coming up to be on.  Who knows?  It's always nice to be here.   Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've been listening to the news and there are wild and unreasonable things happening on just about every corner. The "political correctness" police are out in full force and are busy little devils. It's now all over this part of the world, and I've decided not to cooperate on anything when it hits here.

There are battles again on nativity scenes, but my city has quite a few huge ones. If they're outlawed here, I'll put up a bigger one in my front yard and ask my friends to do the same.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I heard news spots about Police Chaplains having to remove crosses from their lapels and cities having to recruit SECULAR CHAPLAINS! - BALONEY!

Crosses as grave markers are under attack and anything remotely associated with Christians is under attack. I'm retired and no longer a public employee, so I'll do whatever I want to - when I want to. I think that the Police Officers and City Employees in my City are still allowed to say Merry Christmas. I don't have to worry about this kind of NONSENSE ANY LONGER. I do remember the ACLU forcing our City to remove Crosses from our City Seal, but they LOST many other battles in my neck of the woods. I'm almost sure that the City could have won the "Cross" law suit had they wanted to. Numerous individuals in the community offered to pay for the fight, but the City gave in. We beat the ACLU on the Holy City of the Wichitas, the CHRIST of the Wichitas, the annual "Passion Play" of the Wichitas, and more. Other than the Cross on the City Seal, the ACLU had a hard and bad trip when they came to my neck of the woods. I doubt that they appreciated our hospitality, and I'll assume that we've been marked off of their list forever. If not, we'll try to make their next trip here much more expensive and less pleasant.

As a Christian individual, I've had just about all I can stand. I've decided to say and do whatever I feel led to do with ZERO regard for political correctness in any area. Who knows, maybe I'll even decide to say MERRY CHRISTMAS every single day. What they used to call the "Christmas Spirit" was actually the "CHRIST Spirit", and Christians SHOULD have the CHRIST Spirit every single day. This CHRIST Spirit is one of many good things that shouldn't be limited to one day per year. For the folks in my part of the country, it's most typically associated with all kinds of help to the less fortunate - BUT primarily with thanks, praise, and worship of GOD. It's the primary part that the ACLU objects to, and they are desperate to erase anything like it from the public square or even mention of it on calendars or text books used in public schools.

Many people give up too quickly in fights with the ACLU, and many entities don't fight at all when they hear the devil's term of "ACLU". We need to start fighting them, winning, and filing counter suits to put the ACLU where they belong - the sewer where they came from. Folks just like them want to indoctrinate our children and even get inside our homes. That day might come soon, but it shouldn't happen without a fight. I, for one, WILL NOT cooperate.

SO:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

HIS NAME IS JESUS!

Luke 2:7-14  NASB  And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. "This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »

As a Christian individual, I've had just about all I can stand. I've decided to say and do whatever I feel led to do with ZERO regard for political correctness in any area. Who knows, maybe I'll even decide to say MERRY CHRISTMAS every single day. What they used to call the "Christmas Spirit" was actually the "CHRIST Spirit", and Christians SHOULD have the CHRIST Spirit every single day. This CHRIST Spirit is one of many good things that shouldn't be limited to one day per year.

don't fight at all when they hear the devil's term of "ACLU". We need to start fighting them, winning, and filing counter suits to

AMEN brother

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 01:20:44 AM »

Jesus is not just the babe in the manger for He has gone beyond the manger beyond the tomb and lives today and t the blood still flows for all men.  To keep Jesus in Christmas is to tell this dying world all year round that there is hope found in Jesus Christ alone

Merry is the hope in Jesus Christ our Lord

Mj
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

Amen Maryjane!

The entire TRUTH is much more beautiful. HE was GOD made manifest in the flesh and was Very GOD. HE arose from the dead and is our LIVING LORD and SAVIOUR! HE wasn't just a man, just a messenger, or just anything other than GOD THE ETERNAL CREATOR with no beginning and no end. HE is and was the ONLY Perfect, Holy, Righteous, and Acceptable Sacrifice. The CROSS is the biggest, most important, and most Precious event in human history. Many books have been written about what changed at the CROSS, but the Holy Bible tells the GOOD NEWS in a beautiful and perfect WAY.

JESUS CHRIST is the most written about in human history - rightfully so! HE willingly gave HIMSELF up to be crucified on the CROSS and is the ONLY way to rescue us from the curse of sin and death. The GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE is still the most powerful and beautiful message ever given to mankind. HE LIVES!

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the