Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  End of the Spear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: End of the Spear  (Read 4366 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 08:19:17 AM »

I don't like giving Hollywood my money either, and in the last ten years I went to the movies 1 time and that was to see The Passion, not only did I go but I took my children and some of my older grandchildren. I wanted to support Mel Gibson, and show Hollywood that good movies can be very successful.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »

You went three times a year??  Shocked We've gone once in the past three years!  Cool
Didn't Hollywood make the Stooges?  Tongue
And you're not saying that your wife actually like them, are you?  Shocked
ROFL! And they sometimes refer to them as "cowboys" but there ain't no cattle!  Angry

Hello Sincereheart,

Sister, I'm laughing at myself, just realizing what an "old fundy" I actually am. YES, the Three Stooges were produced by Hollywood, and I really don't know anything about their morals. However, there was a lengthy time in Hollywood where an actor's career could be ruined by scandal and sin. I'm also remembering the standards that USED TO BE for what was shown on television. I liked those times, and I'm laughing again at myself.

I'm An Old Fundy
  Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:14 NASB  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »

Brother Tom you're an old "Fundy". Grin

I do agree, Hollywood doesn't need a penny, from me. Over time, hollywood has changed from being clean, to dirty.  Just give me the 3 Stooges!

So brother, have a pie...............
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 04:25:45 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 04:42:11 PM »

Hello Sincereheart,

Sister, I'm laughing at myself, just realizing what an "old fundy" I actually am. YES, the Three Stooges were produced by Hollywood, and I really don't know anything about their morals. However, there was a lengthy time in Hollywood where an actor's career could be ruined by scandal and sin. I'm also remembering the standards that USED TO BE for what was shown on television. I liked those times, and I'm laughing again at myself.

I'm An Old Fundy
  Grin

ROFL! I prefer The Lone Ranger!  Cheesy
My teenage daughter and I both like Tonto!  Shocked

I've never been a Stooge fan!   Lips Sealed

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 11:02:01 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin   Why not have all of the old stuff come back with pie throwing?

The Lone Ranger
Hopalong Cassidy
The Cisco Kid
Zorrow

I think that pie throwing would be quite dignified in any or all of these old shows.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 09:03:32 AM »

Cheesy  Now that we're paired up as the "Dynamic Oldie Fundies", why don't we ambush one "Young Fundy" per day and start out with Allinall and 2nd Timothy?  How about coconut cream? I was just thinking that we might even have some "Young Fundy" volunteers, and we would throw nothing but the highest quality pies that can be made.  Grin

HEY!  *Ducks* Who ever said I was a "fundy"?  *Dives*  I'm a...*Limbos* BIBLICIST!  *Dodges*  Besides, there's quite a difference between "fundy" and "fuddy".  I'm a young fuddy duddy!   Grin *SPLATS*  DOH! Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:05:56 AM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »

I KNOW we won't go see it in theaters! Not just the expense for us- but also the nearest theater is an hour away!  Shocked

But it'll come out on DVD and we're always looking for good family movies to add to our collection.

It doesn't bother me that the movie has an actor in it that sins.... what bothers me is that the movie has an actor in it that is an advocate for their sin. I would feel that way if it had a _________ in it who was actively promoting _______ as a lifestyle.  Wink

Eek!  An hour away?  We're just broke with many theater options.  One cool one is a novelty.  Kind of an Applebees Theater of sorts.  Gives food and stuff with a movie.  Anywho, I can get a card (which I sent off for) and see movies free on Sundays through Thursdays.  Kinda cool for a family with no money.

As for the adovcation and support of his lifestyle..."beware the little foxes..."  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 01:57:41 AM »

HEY!  *Ducks* Who ever said I was a "fundy"?  *Dives*  I'm a...*Limbos* BIBLICIST!  *Dodges*  Besides, there's quite a difference between "fundy" and "fuddy".  I'm a young fuddy duddy!   Grin *SPLATS*  DOH! Cheesy Cheesy

Allinall, you have been arrested for being a "fuddy duddy" in a public place. Cheesy  The jury has already met, and you were found guilty in absentia. Their sentence was that PIE ingredients would be thrown at you, including canned fruit ingredients of your choice. You will be allowed to run, dodge, and dive while the ingredients are being thrown at you, and you can even choose the size of the canned fruit. The small cans are harder to dodge, but the big cans hurt worse if you are too slow. I realize this is a hard lesson to learn, but young "fuddy duddies" turn out to be old "fuddy duddies".

WOW! - this conversation has gotten far too intellectual for my tastes.  Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 02:01:04 AM »

Brother,

Let lighten it up for you...............

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »

Allinall, you have been arrested for being a "fuddy duddy" in a public place. Cheesy  The jury has already met, and you were found guilty in absentia. Their sentence was that PIE ingredients would be thrown at you, including canned fruit ingredients of your choice. You will be allowed to run, dodge, and dive while the ingredients are being thrown at you, and you can even choose the size of the canned fruit. The small cans are harder to dodge, but the big cans hurt worse if you are too slow. I realize this is a hard lesson to learn, but young "fuddy duddies" turn out to be old "fuddy duddies".

I plead guilty, though my judgment was given in my absence.  I should a peel...get it?  I said, "a peel" and you're gonna throw canned fruit at me!  Where do I come up with these things?!  It's like a strange gift!  I kill me!!!   Grin  Ahem.  Yes, well, I choose 1 paper cup of flour, 1/2 paper cup of granulated sugar, and 1 small single serving box of raisins.   Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 11:31:20 AM »

I plead guilty, though my judgment was given in my absence.  I should a peel...get it?  I said, "a peel" and you're gonna throw canned fruit at me!  Where do I come up with these things?!  It's like a strange gift!  I kill me!!!   Grin  Ahem.  Yes, well, I choose 1 paper cup of flour, 1/2 paper cup of granulated sugar, and 1 small single serving box of raisins.   Grin
But see, those aren't canned, they are boxed. Well I guess it's time to break out the tater gun! Grin So that I can shoot the items, the coffee man picked. Grin At the coffee man................. Grin

BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »

YOU ARE ALL RIGHT.  Holywood movies had became bad to worse.  I prefer reading than watching movies.  When i watch holywood movies, i am just feeding my mind with junks.  But sometimes, when i do not have anything else to do i watch anything in the TV (we have here a common TV in my workplace dormitory; i do not want to buy my own tv coz' there's no good stuff to watch) they are watching but i lasted only for 2 minutes.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 05:51:37 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

Allinall, your "a peel" has been granted, and the peel will be from very large coconuts.

Grin   Grin   Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »

But see, those aren't canned, they are boxed. Well I guess it's time to break out the tater gun! Grin So that I can shoot the items, the coffee man picked. Grin At the coffee man................. Grin

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

Allinall, your "a peel" has been granted, and the peel will be from very large coconuts.

Grin   Grin   Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the