Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Firefox 1.5.0.1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox 1.5.0.1  (Read 1839 times)
Joey

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2006, 05:05:32 PM »

A new version of the firefox browser is avaliable which plugs some vulnerabilities that are found in past versions.

http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2006/0413

Have been using the new browser for a few days and it is running well. A few extensions are not compatiable but am sure they will be in a matter of days. To download the new version either click on help on the top of the firefox browser and select check for updates or go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »

Thank you, Joey. I just got it myself and it does seem to be running great.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 07:54:53 PM »

I downloaded it yesterday and it seems to be running well. I haven't been able to make much use of previous versions as they wouldn't fill in forms and log-in boxes correctly, so was stuck with Firebird 0.7 until now. This version finally seems to have fixed the problem - I can actually log in to my Geocities account with it!

The only problem I have found is it won't download and install any skins, even if they say they are compatible with it.

2 hrs. later: It won't let me use file manager on Geocities, so I guess I'll be going back to Firebird. Animated GIF's still don't work with Firefox, either.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:16:48 PM by Rhys » Logged

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 12:43:11 AM »

Hello Rhys,

It's great to hear from you. I'm using the new Firefox without any problems, so I'm thinking that something else must be wrong somewhere. If you are using XP, I would suspect you might need to set Firefox as the default in "Program Access and Defaults". Many versions of Microsoft like to hang on to all of the settings for Microsoft Internet Explorer and whatever else that Microsoft wants instead of what you want. You can't uninstall Internet Explorer, but you can command the system to recognize Firefox as the default.

I hope this helps some.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 1:23 NASB  "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »

Thanks, Tom,
     I'll try it, but IE hasn't been my default for several years - Opera was for a while, then Firebird 0.7.
     Firebird was the early version of Firefox and works fine, so it would seem something was changed in Firefox. Most people don't seem to have a problem, but I have run into a number of people over the last few years who have had the same problem, at least on some sites. I discussed it on the Mozilla site once or twice, but none of the advice I got (mostly reinstalling the program) changed anything.
     I tried running it on one of my own website contact forms one time to see what was going on and what was happening is that if you had three boxes to fill in what you would get back is the entries to all boxes crammed together on the last line and nothing in the first two, instead of three lines like you are supposed to get.
     The latest version seems to handle log in boxes better, but it wouldn't handle the check boxes in Geocities File Manager - I can check the boxes but it isn't submitting the information correctly and I just get the same page back with no check marks.

Anyway, I'll try what you suggested and try it tomorrow after I reboot. Thanks. Ted

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 03:36:18 AM »

Hello Brother Ted,

If form filling and passwords are the only trouble you are having, I recommend the FREE version of RoboForm to handle that. I think that you are talking about log on information and passwords. If I'm wrong, please disregard.

There are all kinds of problems with various proprietary forms, and RoboForm appears to handle them all. The FREE version will only store information for up to 10 sites, but that is more than sufficient for most people. RoboForm is updated all the time just to keep up with all of the new kinds of forms.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the