Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Prescription Shop
| | |-+  Courage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Courage  (Read 5365 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2006, 10:06:43 AM »

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Hebrews 13:5-6 AMP  Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Josh. 1:5.] So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me? [Ps. 27:1;118:6.]

Hebrews 13:5-6 NASB  Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," so that we confidently say, "THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

Please feel free to add another portion of Scripture that is the Bible Prescription for courage.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 04:16:49 PM »

1Ch 28:20  ......   Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

A storm rose quickly on the sea of Galilee and the the disciples were afraid. Although they had seen Jesus perform many miracles, the disciples feared for their lives; so they turned to their Saviour and He calmed the waters and the wind.

Sometimes, we, like the disciples, feel threatened by the inevitable storms of life. And when we are fearful, we too, can turn to Christ for courage and for comfort.

The next time your courage is tested to the limit, remember that the One who calmed the wind and the waves is also your personal Saviour. And remember that the ultimate battle has already been won at Calvary. We, as believers, can live courageously in the promises of our Lord ... and we should.

"Why rely on yourself and fall? Cast yourself upon His arm. Be not afraid. He will not let you slip. Cast yourself in confidence. He will receive you and heal you." St. Augustine

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 08:02:31 AM »

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

JOB 4:4

ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »

The level of your courage in your life will be determined by the understanding that you are kept for Christ Jesus.   Dr Ron Floyd

Only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 03:42:01 AM »

AMEN!

2 Corinthians 5:8 [Yes] we have confident and hopeful courage and are pleased rather to be away from home out of the body and be at home with the Lord.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:43:48 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 08:23:02 AM »

My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9

Christian and Holocaust survivor, Corrie ten Boom, often recounted a conversation she had with her father. Even as a child, Corrie sensed the dangers of Hitler's message of hatred and genocide. They were not Jews, but Corrie knew her family would not stand by silently as their Jewish neighbors and friends disappeared into the night.

Fearing the unspeakable, Corrie asked her father if God would protect them and if so, how. She recalls that her father responded with the following analogy: "If you were taking a trip, Corrie, you would not need your ticket until you arrived at the station ready to board the train. At the very moment you need God's grace, it will be poured out on you... enough to see you through any circumstance."

In the end, the horrors of Nazism did turn Corrie's life upside down and changed it forever. And yet, Corrie often stated that her father's words were true. Each time she faced an impossibly difficult situation, God's grace sustained her with hope and courage.

You may never face circumstances as severe as those Corrie ten Boom endured. But, you may be just as apprehensive about what the future holds. Reach out for God's grace. He promises that it will be there when you need it... every time you need it.

Copyright (C) GodSpeaks, (TM) Inc. 2004
All Rights Reserved

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 01:00:10 AM »

Psa 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psa 20:6  Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the