Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why is Evolution a banned topic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is Evolution a banned topic?  (Read 2643 times)
JoeyCrossy
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:32:04 PM »

Hi there everyone!

I was just wondering, why the topic of evolution was banned?

Sure, I'm not a christian, and so you may not want non-christians coming on here mocking your faith, but there are many christians that do believe in evolution, or would even just like to talk about it!

Also, in the debates section, surely a topic like this is exactly matched to this part of the forum.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my questions will be answered!

JoeyCrossy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:53:16 PM »

Hi there everyone!

I was just wondering, why the topic of evolution was banned?

Sure, I'm not a christian, and so you may not want non-christians coming on here mocking your faith, but there are many christians that do believe in evolution, or would even just like to talk about it!

Also, in the debates section, surely a topic like this is exactly matched to this part of the forum.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my questions will be answered!

JoeyCrossy

Hello JoeyCrossy,

WELCOME!!

1 - God, The Holy Bible, and the only Truth about Creation from the book of Genesis is banned from public schools. In essence, students are held hostage and brain-washed with something that has never been more than a theory. They call it science, but it is falling apart.

2 - Evolution is against the teachings of the Holy Bible and calls the Creator of the Universe, ALMIGHTY GOD, a liar, about how HE HIMSELF created heaven, earth, man, and everything in the universe.

3 - This is a Christian Forum and we honor God here, because we want to. We believe ALMIGHTY GOD completely, and we honor His Word, the Holy Bible. We do not permit material here that is against the teachings of the Holy Bible.

4 - The public schools have held our children hostage and taught them garbage that is not science for most of their young lives. Knowing that evolution has never been anything but a theory, they still refused to expose students to alternate explanations for Creation. It has gotten worse recently since more and more of the theory of evolution has been discredited, debunked, and shown to be garbage.

5 - The TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH about Creation is given here on Christians Unite. For many students, it might be the first time that they've heard the real TRUTH about Creation. Public schools were allowed to ban everything except one theory. Christians Unite has banned that theory. It's really just as simple as that. The Holy Bible is our text book for Creation, and ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE AUTHOR. Nobody will be calling GOD a liar here.

I think this should be more than sufficient to answer your question.

Tom

JoeyCrossy
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »

Really, I don't see why evolution has to contradict the bible at all.  Also; children are taught about religion, definitely in Britain not so sure about America, but under RS studies.  Evolution is taught under science.  Sorry to disagree, but scientifically, evolution is sound!

Anyway, thanks for replying, but hopefully you'll see that evolution doesn't have to be a tool against christianity, and perhaps allow talk of it on your site.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 01:28:50 PM »

Really, I don't see why evolution has to contradict the bible at all.  Also; children are taught about religion, definitely in Britain not so sure about America, but under RS studies.  Evolution is taught under science.  Sorry to disagree, but scientifically, evolution is sound!

Anyway, thanks for replying, but hopefully you'll see that evolution doesn't have to be a tool against christianity, and perhaps allow talk of it on your site.
The magic word is scientifically, the Bible is the Word of God. Scientist, disagree with the Bible on almost all the time. Since this is a Christian Forum, evolution is banned. Just like Creation is banned in the American schools. Also evolution is being used as a tool against Christians.

This is a safe haven for Christians, and will stay that way.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 01:47:35 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

Joey,

You can disagree all you wish elsewhere - the matter is closed here. The Holy Bible and Darwin completely disagree, so Darwin goes in the garbage here. That's really the end of the story here, and there isn't any argument here. It's really just as simple as that, and the matter is closed - NOT SUBJECT TO DEBATE OR DISCUSSION HERE!!! There won't be any changes here, so I hope this is blunt enough. I thought my first answer was blunt enough. You can go argue it anywhere but here.

Tom

JoeyCrossy
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

Well, I feel sorry if you feel that way.  I would have thought Christians would have been more understanding of others, not just blocking off anything that is slightly different.  Science does not always disagree with religion, it is only perceived that way.  And can you not be the bigger person?  Just because religion is banned in USA schools (which I have been told is not just Christianity but all religions), doesn't mean you have to ban things that are scientific.  Ok, you want a forum to talk about god, but then why have a debate section, warning that things might heat up, if you won't let people contradict anything of what you believe the bible to say?  You may think evolution is wrong, but would you send someone to jail without allowing them to defend themselves and show their innocence?  Isn't that what America is proud of?  Surely there are some Christians here who would love to speak about evolution, and believe it to be true?
Also, I feel slightly offended that you felt you needed to be 'blunt' with me, and then insulted my intelligence by implying that I hadn't understood your 'blunt' statement.

You shall be happy to hear I won't bother you again, but I hope we leave with no ill feelings.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »

Well, I feel sorry if you feel that way.  I would have thought Christians would have been more understanding of others, not just blocking off anything that is slightly different.  Science does not always disagree with religion, it is only perceived that way.  And can you not be the bigger person?  Just because religion is banned in USA schools (which I have been told is not just Christianity but all religions), doesn't mean you have to ban things that are scientific.
Wrong, The islamic faith is allowed in the schools. Please check the Politics and Political Issues, in the  Entertainment section of the forum. 85% of the time science does disagree with the Bible.

Ok, you want a forum to talk about god, but then why have a debate section, warning that things might heat up, if you won't let people contradict anything of what you believe the bible to say?  You may think evolution is wrong, but would you send someone to jail without allowing them to defend themselves and show their innocence?  Isn't that what America is proud of?  Surely there are some Christians here who would love to speak about evolution, and believe it to be true?
Also, I feel slightly offended that you felt you needed to be 'blunt' with me, and then insulted my intelligence by implying that I hadn't understood your 'blunt' statement.

You shall be happy to hear I won't bother you again, but I hope we leave with no ill feelings.
This is a Christian forum, and it will stay a Christian forum. When Christians are looked down by most of the world, we make this a safe haven for Christians. I do how ever invite you to look at some of the forums. Topics that are banned simply aren't allowed. I have no ill feeling for you Joey.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »

whisperedsy
Since this is a Christian forum and as Christians our faith and beliefs are Bible based. So let's look at the big picture. From what I know about evolution.
1. It claims that the universe and earth came about with a big band. The Bible Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth. There was no big bang. I am sure that when God spoke heaven and earth into exists it may have sounded like a big bang, but I doubt that. Since God who is a mighty big God could have just wispered it to exist.
2. Evolution, Man came from moneys, apes or whatever they believe. The Bible, Genesis 1:26  And God said, Let is make man in our own image, after our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and overthe fowl of the air, and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So if we look at these 2 things there is a lot of contradiction. How can the universe begin with a big bang when God created it and how can man come from whatever when God formed him out of dust of the earth and breathed life into him. By the way, man is not evolving from monkeys, apes or whatever today. When did this stop and when did we begin to have children of our own?
So, JoeyCrossy now you see how evolution can not be allowed in this forum. And to your comment about you know Christians who believe in evolution I would have to question their walk with God. Joey, you said you were not a Christian so maybe it is hard for you to understand why we as Christians feel so compassionate how we feel and belief. I challenge you to take a Bible and your evolution ideas sit them side by side and compare the 2 and see if you can see our side of our Christian beliefs.

Answered in love
catty
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »

Wrong, The islamic faith is allowed in the schools.

Well, Joe saying "religion is banned" was slightly ambiguous so technically you are right.  A muslim is certainly allowed in American public schools, and rightly so.  However, promoting religion and practicing religious acts are banned in public schools, and that is not just for Christianity.  In fact, if you find any evidence that Islam is being tought or other such illegal activity in schools, then you should notify the ACLU who will most probably file a law suit if there is a serious breech.

However, I do think it is your right to censor discusion on your forums, even though it just illuminates your weakness.  One clause of being a Christian is sticking your fingers in your ears in the science class.

Catty, your point number 1 is not part of the theory of evolution.  It is Big bang theory - a totally different part of science.

And a liberal would take a more metaphorical view of the Genesis creation account.  Its been Jewish tradition for milleniums to explain practically every religious idea with metaphors.  Just take a look at Revalations!  So perhaps it is saying that God is extremely powerful, or that God created the universe?  Well, the two seem to coexist quite well with this theory, so there is no real problem for the liberals.  Its just a matter of oppinion.
catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »

The ACLU is part of the problem. Who do you think it is who wants to take God out of the schools. As long as a religion does not believe in the Christian God then it is OK to teach it in the schools, example would be the schools in California(where the ACLU is located) had the students dress and take on a Islamic name. They had to study the islamic religion, what so they could be more sensitive to the islamic people. The same islamics who hate Christians and want all Christians killed. Like it was said before this is a Christian forum for Christians, by Christians and since evolution is not a Christian belief it does not belong here. As I said before I challenge you to take the Bible and your evolution ideas sit them side by side each other and see all the contradictions.  WE have the truth it is called the Holy Bible. If it does not line up with the word of God then there is not need for a Christian to involve themselves in it. God is about truth. Satan comes to cause confusion and destroy the Christian.
catty
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 05:52:09 PM »

The ACLU is part of the problem. Who do you think it is who wants to take God out of the schools. As long as a religion does not believe in the Christian God then it is OK to teach it in the schools, example would be the schools in California(where the ACLU is located) had the students dress and take on a Islamic name. They had to study the islamic religion, what so they could be more sensitive to the islamic people.

Are you sure this actually happened?  Can you give me some evidence, because I'm reasonably well connected with quite a few American civil rights activists who would be only too happy to investigate further.  I should say, however, that alot of these reports are no more than rumours so details are needed to make anything of it.

The same islamics who hate Christians and want all Christians killed.

There are Christians out there who want all Muslims killed as well, yet I see no reason to tarnish you all with the same brush.  The fact is, there are a lot of peaceful Muslims who respect people of other faiths.  In fact, I have had many friendly conversations with Muslims who knew that I was a non-muslim.  It is just the fundermentalists who spoil an otherwise friendly community.

Like it was said before this is a Christian forum for Christians, by Christians and since evolution is not a Christian belief it does not belong here. As I said before I challenge you to take the Bible and your evolution ideas sit them side by side each other and see all the contradictions.  WE have the truth it is called the Holy Bible. If it does not line up with the word of God then there is not need for a Christian to involve themselves in it. God is about truth. Satan comes to cause confusion and destroy the Christian.

Did you know that a metaphorical interpretation is favoured more by scolars at the present time than a literal intrpritation?  The problem fundermentalists have with this is that they believe that the bible is the literal word of God.  Now, considering the Bible contains hundreds of undeniable metaphors (from destroying a fig tree to 777), this seams somewhat strange.  But heh, you can believe what you like, I just thought I'd point it out.

C ya around,

From Alan
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 07:28:53 PM »

Are you sure this actually happened?  Can you give me some evidence, because I'm reasonably well connected with quite a few American civil rights activists who would be only too happy to investigate further.  I should say, however, that alot of these reports are no more than rumours so details are needed to make anything of it.

Are you sure it didn't? Read the news. Even the liberal anti-christian newspapers have been covering this event.

There are Christians out there who want all Muslims killed as well, yet I see no reason to tarnish you all with the same brush.  The fact is, there are a lot of peaceful Muslims who respect people of other faiths.  In fact, I have had many friendly conversations with Muslims who knew that I was a non-muslim.  It is just the fundermentalists who spoil an otherwise friendly community.

Those that follow the teachings of the Bible are not out to kill Muslims, however those that read and teach the quran do want Christians killed.

Did you know that a metaphorical interpretation is favoured more by scolars at the present time than a literal intrpritation?  The problem fundermentalists have with this is that they believe that the bible is the literal word of God.  Now, considering the Bible contains hundreds of undeniable metaphors (from destroying a fig tree to 777), this seams somewhat strange.  But heh, you can believe what you like, I just thought I'd point it out.

The scholars that you are talking about are not following the word of God. They are not scholars of God they are worldly scholars. When a fundamentalists says they take the word of God literal they do consider that there are some portions written in a poetic form and some written in parables, however even the parables are explained and understood properly by those who are true scholars of the word of God.

alanc, I take it from the way that you are talking that you are not a Christian either?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Islam studies required in California district
Course has 7th-graders memorizing Koran verses, praying to Allah
Posted: January 11, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

In the wake of Sept. 11, an increasing number of California public school students must attend an intensive three-week course on Islam, reports ASSIST News Service.

The course mandates that seventh-graders learn the tenets of Islam, study the important figures of the faith, wear a robe, adopt a Muslim name and stage their own jihad. Adding to this apparent hypocrisy, reports ANS, students must memorize many verses in the Koran, are taught to pray "in the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful" and are instructed to chant, "Praise to Allah, Lord of Creation."

"We could never teach Christianity like this," one outraged parent told ANS.

Elizabeth Christina Lemings, a teacher in the Byron, Calif., Union School District, was unaware of the course until her seventh-grade son brought home the handouts. Obtained by ANS, the handouts include a history of Islam and the life of Mohammad, its founder. There are 25 Islamic terms that must be memorized, six Islamic (Arabic) phrases, 20 Islamic proverbs to learn along with the Five Pillars of Faith and 10 key Islamic prophets and disciples to be studied.

"We can't even mention the name of Jesus in the public schools," Lemings laments, "but ... they teach Islam as the true religion, and students are taught about Islam and how to pray to Allah. Can you imagine the barrage of lawsuits and problems we would have from the ACLU if Christianity were taught in the public schools, and if we tried to teach about the contributions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Apostle Paul? But when it comes to furthering the Islamic religion in the public schools, there is not one word from the ACLU, People for the American Way or anybody else. This is hypocrisy."

ANS reports that students are to pretend that they are Muslims, wear Muslim clothing to school, stage their own jihad via a dice game and pick out a Muslim name (to replace their own) from a list of 30.

When asked what they thought about the course, students described it as "fun," while others described Islam as "a pretty culture." Joseph Lemings, 12, told ANS, "the jihad was like playing a video game."

The "fun" description disturbs Elizabeth Lemings, who sees the course as a tool, not only to engender sympathy and support for the Muslim cause, but for recruitment.

"This is not just a class of history of examining culture," she said. "This course is entirely too specific. It is more about indoctrination."

Nancy Castro, principal of Intermediate-Excelsior School of Byron, told ANS that the Islam course (included within "History of Culture") reflects California educational standards. Castro maintains the course "is not religion, but ancient culture and history. We do not endorse any religion; we just make students aware." Castro further emphasized the course textbook is in use throughout California.

The textbook used for the Islamic course, "Across The Centuries," is published by Houghton-Mifflin and has been adopted by the California school system. In it, according to ANS, Islam is presented broadly in a completely positive manner, whereas the limited references to Christianity are "shown in a negative light, with events such as the Inquisition, and the Salem witch hunts highlighted in bold, black type." ANS notes the portrayal of Islam leaves out word of "the wars, massacres, cruelties against Christians and other non-Muslims that Islam has consistently perpetrated over the centuries."

Asked if there was any response from parents about the Islam course, Castro told ANS, "Oh, a couple of parents called to express concerns, three to be exact."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 08:11:51 PM »

Here is some more on the teaching of Islam in Californis Schools from the Thomas Moore Law Center who filed legal action on this case.

Ninth Circuit Appellate Court asked to Reconsider its Ruling that it is OK For Public Schools To Teach Seventh Graders “To Become Muslims”
Mon, Dec 19, 2005

ANN ARBOR, MI. – A three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, which had ruled in a short unpublished memorandum opinion that it was constitutionally permissible for twelve-year-old public school students to be told they would “become Muslims,” has been asked to reconsider its decision by the Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Law Center has also asked all twenty-four active judges on the Ninth Circuit to decide the case.

For three weeks in 2001, impressionable twelve-year-old students were told that they would become Muslims, memorized verses from the Koran, took Islamic names, wore identification tags that displayed their new Islamic name and the Star and Crescent Moon, which is the symbol of Muslims, were handed materials that instructed them to “Remember Allah always so that you may prosper,” completed the Islamic Five Pillars of Faith, including fasting, and memorized and recited the “Bismillah” or “In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate. Praise be to God,” which students also wrote on banners that were hung on the classroom walls.

Richard Thompson, Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, commented, “This ruling is evidence of a double-standard when it comes to religion in public schools. If students had been instructed on Christianity, as they had on Islam, a Constitutional violation would have most likely been found. The appeals court should clarify in a published opinion just how far public schools can go in teaching about religion. Christians want to know.”

The Law Center represents several parents and their children who challenged the California Byron Union School District’s practice of teaching twelve-year-old students “to become Muslims.”

A federal district court judge in San Francisco had previously determined that the school district had not violated the constitution. Edward L. White III, a Law Center attorney, had asked the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ three-judge panel to overturn the district court’s decision.

The three-judge panel, however, affirmed the ruling of the district court in a short unpublished memorandum decision. In its unpublished decision, the three-judge panel overlooked, and did not rule on, the plaintiffs’ claims that their free exercise of religion rights and their parental rights had been violated.

The Law Center has asked the three-judge panel to reconsider its ruling and to rule on the free exercise and parental rights claims.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »

Judges asked to rethink 'Islamic-indoctrination' (kids taught to 'become Muslims' )

Published: Dec 29, 2005
Author: staff
Post Date: 2005-12-29 01:39:53

Judges asked to rethink 'Islamic-indoctrination' Parents challenging public school that taught kids to 'become Muslims' Posted: December 29, 2005 1:00 a.m. Eastern

Parents and children challenging a California school district for its practice of teaching 12-year-old students to "become Muslims" are asking a federal appeals court to reconsider its ruling in front of the entire panel of judges.

The lawsuit was filed by the Thomas More Law Center against the Byron Union School District and various school officials to stop the "Islam simulation" materials and methods used in the Excelsior Elementary School in Byron, Calif.

A three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit – widely regarded as the nation's most liberal federal appeals court– upheld a San Francisco federal district court's ruling that the Byron Union School District did not violate the U.S. Constitution.

The Thomas More Law Center, however, contends the panel did not address the plaintiff's claims that their free exercise and parental rights had been violated.

Edward L. White III, trial counsel with the Law Center, says the parents never were told about the Islamic program and didn't know they had the option to remove their children from such an activity.

White says one of the parents found out by accident, looking through her son's schoolbag after the program had finished.

The Law Center says that for three weeks, "impressionable 12-year-old students" were, among other things, placed into Islamic city groups; took Islamic names; wore identification tags that displayed their new Islamic name and the star and crescent moon; handed materials that instructed them to 'Remember Allah always so that you may prosper'; completed the Islamic Five Pillars of Faith, including fasting; and memorized and recited the 'Bismillah' or 'In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate,' which students also wrote on banners hung on the classroom walls.

Students also played "jihad games" during the course, which was part of the school's world history and geography program.

In December 2003, the San Francisco court determined the school district had not violated the Constitution.

In her 22-page ruling, U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton determined Excelsior was not indoctrinating students about Islam when it required them to adopt Muslim names and pray to Allah, but rather was just teaching them about the Muslim religion.

But White insists a line was crossed, placing the students in the "position of being trainees in Islam, which is impermissible in a public school."

When WorldNetDaily first reported the story in January 2002 – shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks committed by 19 Islamist terrorists – major controversy ensued nationwide.

The course was part of a curriculum taught to seventh-graders all over the state, included in the state's curriculum standards required by the state board of education. Although the standards outline what subjects should be taught and included in state assessment tests, they didn't mandate how they're to be taught.

At the end of the three-week course, Excelsior teacher Brooke Carlin presented a final test requiring students to critique Muslim culture.

The Islam simulations at Excelsior are outlined in the state-adopted textbook "Across the Centuries," published by Houghton Mifflin, which prompts students to imagine they are Islamic soldiers and Muslims on a Mecca pilgrimage.

The lawsuit also alleges students were encouraged to use such phrases in their speech as "Allahu Akbar," which is Arabic for "God is greatest," and were required to fast during lunch period to simulate fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Nevertheless, Judge Hamilton ruled the program was devoid of "any devotional or religious intent" and was, therefore, educational, not religious in nature.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the