Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer Request
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 1149 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 11:23:59 PM »

I just got back from taking my wife to the ER for chest pains. They gave her two nitros and it seemed to help out. They claim that all the tests came out ok but they are keeping her there for observation and to do a stress test tomorrow. The Dr did say the enzime test show an abnormality but not enough to say that she had a heart attack.

Please keep her in your prayers while she goes through this and the stress test tomorrow.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 11:42:18 PM »

Pastor Roger, I will pray for your wife "P.R.'s wife" that God keeps her safe. And that nothing is serious while the stress test happens.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:35:02 AM »

Pastor Roger,

I will definitely be praying for your wife and your entire family..

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:19-20 NASB  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »

The stress test came out just fine. The Drs just it was not her heart but doesn't know what caused her chest pains.

At least she seems to be doing fine now.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:57:26 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, this is happy, wonderful news!

My wife had an episode something like this several years ago, and she even spent several days in the Cardiac Care Unit. It turned out to be a hiatal hernia. Those involve considerable pain, but they can be treated very effectively with several medications. Certain types of food can sometimes trigger an attack, so a change in diet is usually involved. In the worst cases, surgery is required, and the surgery is so major that it is just several steps below open heart surgery. For whatever reason, many people with hiatal hernias can rest better with the upper half of the body elevated.

Brother, if I remember correctly, there is an x-ray type test with dye that can detect a hiatal hernia. If they find one, a scope is required to determine how bad it is. If your wife keeps having problems, this is something that definitely needs to be checked.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 41:10-12 NASB  'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' "Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. "You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »

She has had surgery three times for a hiatal hernia. She said this was much worse than even that. This chest pain also caused pain up one side of her neck right in the area of the artery that goes up there and it also caused pain down her right arm.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 12:36:18 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, it's good news that it isn't her heart. BUT, it will be bad news if the pain continues and they have no idea what it is. I would hope that her doctor will be looking at some tests to find out what's going on (i.e. maybe a full torso MRI). We will keep praying for her.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:24 NASB  O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; The earth is full of Your possessions.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 12:41:21 AM »

Thank you Brother. She says that she is feeling pretty good today with no pain. Time will tell. If it starts up again I will be pushing the Dr in that direction.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 12:48:08 AM »

P.R. I will also keep your wife in my prayers.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »

Will be praying also PR. 

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 09:00:27 AM »

Pastor Roger, I am praying for your wife. Has the Doctor tried to do a Sonogram, or an MRI?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »

Pastor Roger, I am praying for your wife. Has the Doctor tried to do a Sonogram, or an MRI?

They used a special machine (don't know what it is called) with the stress test. They injected a harmless radioactive type substance into her blood and then monitored her heart on a screen sort of like a large sonogram that showed heart and lungs at the same time. They had also taken x-rays of her heart and lungs before that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the