Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:02:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ELECTRICITY----HELP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELECTRICITY----HELP  (Read 7144 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2005, 06:19:48 AM »

PR,

Couldn't you have replaced the seal on your oven door, and the insulation around the oven box?

I could have but it was an old standing pilot light type stove probably as old as I am and beat up worse than I am so I didn't bother. Instead I eventually replaced it.

OK...............I guess I just might have to do it.  Have too much money into that thing not to do it, that is, if the harness doesn't change anything.  I sure hope it does, though.  I don't need this headache, nor do I need the rash I developed, either. Grin  I'm laughing, even though it isn't funny.

You said your stove is only fiver years old? I probably would have tried to rescue it myself.

]
I didn't see this post.  Wonder how many others I haven't seen?

I said my stove is 5 years old?Huh  Where did I say that?  I was supposed to type in 8 years old, 'cause that's how old it is.

I probably would have tried to rescue it myself?Huh?  Do you mean you would have gone about trying to repair it yourself, like I did?  I'm a little bit corn-fused here at the moment.  I'll just blame that on something...................the time of night, the week (s) I've had, etc. Grin Grin

Just blame it on the stove. And I think what PR had in mind about smashing the chocolate chip cookies was smashing them with his teeth while they were in his mouth. Don't forget he said he loves chocolate chip cookie dough.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2005, 11:22:22 AM »

Is there anyone here that knows anything about voltage problems?  I sure hope there is cause I need some sort of help.

Here's the problem.................we've had loads of problems with our electric company.  For 14 years the electric just goes off.  Sometimes it's been off for 8 hours.  Other times 2 or 3 hours.  And still other times 15 minutes.  Sometimes it will go off and come right back on.  Our city council finally got involved about 16 months ago but it hasn't gotten any better.  The substation is old and VERY problematic.  I've been having appliance problems lately.  The electric stove electronic panel was replaced and both elements in the oven were replaced.  I won't tell you how much that was.  If an appliance repairman had done it, it would have cost over $800.  It cost me $400.  I have an accurate oven thermometer and it's holding at wherever it's set, but my food isn't getting done.  Cookies are all gooey underneath and can't be removed from the cookie sheet because of it.

NOW LISTEN................incoming voltage is 130 and should be about 120.  The volts on my 220 line read 260 and that's not good at all.  I've been smelling an odor that smells like hot motor oil when I turn on my oven.  I did smell it in my dishwasher, too.  The dishwasher motor was just replaced and the odor went away.  Called the electric company (for about the 500th time in 14 years) tonight and they are sending someone out.  Whoopie, they've sent 499 guys out before.

I'm hoping someone might have some input because I sure am out of answers (and money).  This has been a real hassle for years, and now my appliances are being affected.

BTW---------BEP------------I'm still getting these white pages and a long wait on CU...........this is a pain too as I'm on dial-up.  I know you are on dial-up, also.  Are you getting the white pages with the long wait?  I counted a few times.  It's a 20 to 30 second wait.

Grace and peace,
cris

499 guys?  Wow.  That's a pretty big electric company!   Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2005, 11:51:41 AM »

PR,

Couldn't you have replaced the seal on your oven door, and the insulation around the oven box?

I could have but it was an old standing pilot light type stove probably as old as I am and beat up worse than I am so I didn't bother. Instead I eventually replaced it.

OK...............I guess I just might have to do it.  Have too much money into that thing not to do it, that is, if the harness doesn't change anything.  I sure hope it does, though.  I don't need this headache, nor do I need the rash I developed, either. Grin  I'm laughing, even though it isn't funny.

You said your stove is only fiver years old? I probably would have tried to rescue it myself.

]

I said my stove is 5 years old?Huh  Where did I say that?  I was supposed to type in 8 years old, 'cause that's how old it is.

I probably would have tried to rescue it myself?Huh?  Do you mean you would have gone about trying to repair it yourself, like I did?  I'm a little bit corn-fused here at the moment.  I'll just blame that on something...................the time of night, the week (s) I've had, etc. Grin Grin

Just blame it on the stove. And I think what PR had in mind about smashing the chocolate chip cookies was smashing them with his teeth while they were in his mouth. Don't forget he said he loves chocolate chip cookie dough.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2005, 12:59:58 PM »

PR,

]

AIA2W, ref. PR, absolutely.  No doubt about that!!! Grin  I didn't forget!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2005, 01:07:21 PM »

I wasn't sure you said 5 yrs thats the reason for the question mark, I didn't take the time to look back. Even at 8 yrs I still would have tried to rescue it. A stoves lifespan is supposed to be set at 15 to 20 yrs so at 8 yrs it is worth getting it fixed is what I meant. With the the cost I probably would have done it myself also.

That's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure.

Consumer's Reports says that the lifespan of appliances is 8 years, now.  This was in one of the last few months publications.  Not happy to hear this!  Not happy at all!  Tent living might eventually not be an option. Angry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2005, 01:19:24 PM »

I wasn't sure you said 5 yrs thats the reason for the question mark, I didn't take the time to look back. Even at 8 yrs I still would have tried to rescue it. A stoves lifespan is supposed to be set at 15 to 20 yrs so at 8 yrs it is worth getting it fixed is what I meant. With the the cost I probably would have done it myself also.

Consumer's Reports says that the lifespan of appliances is 8 years, now.  This was in one of the last few months publications.  Not happy to hear this!  Not happy at all!  Tent living might eventually not be an option. Angry

Tent living? Who uses tents? Tents will be a luxury item. A few sticks and some leaves make a good shelter.  Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2005, 01:48:59 PM »

Tent living? Who uses tents? Tents will be a luxury item. A few sticks and some leaves make a good shelter.  Grin Grin

A few sticks and some leaves can make some other things, too. Grin  

Luxury items?...........................you are so right.  For us oldsters, the things that were common years ago are now commanding "designer" status.  Ie., 100% cotton percale 200 thread count, non resin bedsheets are out of reach for the common person.  King size is somewhere around $100 per sheet, not a set, but a sheet.  Full size is not much less expensive.  They now call "blends" (meaning polyester and cotton) PERCALE.  Well, polyester is a form of plastic, so we're forced to sleep on plastic because of price.  Our choices are being limited, ever so slowly.  The most recent sales pitch is on "soft", oh, it's so soft, and gets softer with each washing.  What a con!  Soft means it has no "body."  Just about everyone buys into it.  I KNOW the difference and it makes me  Angry.  Oh well.  Enough about this.  It could be a whole other discussion. I don't want to go there any more than I already have. Lips Sealed

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2005, 02:06:32 PM »

A few sticks and some leaves can make some other things, too. Grin  

Luxury items?...........................you are so right.  For us oldsters, the things that were common years ago are now commanding "designer" status.  Ie., 100% cotton percale 200 thread count, non resin bedsheets are out of reach for the common person.  King size is somewhere around $100 per sheet, not a set, but a sheet.  Full size is not much less expensive.  They now call "blends" (meaning polyester and cotton) PERCALE.  Well, polyester is a form of plastic, so we're forced to sleep on plastic because of price.  Our choices are being limited, ever so slowly.  The most recent sales pitch is on "soft", oh, it's so soft, and gets softer with each washing.  What a con!  Soft means it has no "body."  Just about everyone buys into it.  I KNOW the difference and it makes me  Angry.  Oh well.  Enough about this.  It could be a whole other discussion. I don't want to go there any more than I already have. Lips Sealed

I know what you mean. It is a rip-off and in my opinion false advertising.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2005, 07:16:11 AM »

cris even food is now becoming a luxury item. used to be when I used to take my kids to McDonalds and feed them and myself for under $8 now I tell my husband if you want to eat out it's better to go to a buffet style resurant and spend about $5 more and eat all you want (real food). Not just some skimpy overprossessed, partly beef patty, filled with a bunch of man-made chemicals, that has sat under a heating lamp for 2 hours.
On another subject I still get the white screens too.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the