Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:39:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ELECTRICITY----HELP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELECTRICITY----HELP  (Read 7141 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2005, 08:36:10 PM »

It does sound like the heat in your oven is not evenl distributed. I had an old gas stove that cooked that way. I had to cook at a higher temp and to compensate for the edge getting more done than the center I had to put a strip of aluminum foil around the outer edge as you are supposed to do to pies to prevent the outer crust from getting to well done.

The problem that I had with that oven was the door did not seal properly when shut and the insulation around the oven box had fallen off causing cool spots in the oven.

The harness, especially the portion where the coils plug into it, could be a problem and causing your oven to have cool spots the same way.

Oh no, I hope this problem isn't as simple as the door not sealing properly, after what I've just been through.  I thought the harness would be the end of it.  Now, if it isn't, it isn't over.  I will have to consider the door seal.  I'm taking real deep breaths right now. Grin  The door seal didn't cause the smelly elements, though.  Gotta keep that in mind.  It just has to be the harness.  Enuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »

Oh Boy! A smashing party. We can have a smashing good time.

Does that include the chocolate chip cookies that were baked in it?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2005, 09:08:38 PM »

If partially cooked cookies are smashable, then yes!  Since we'll be having a smashing party, bring some things.  I'm sure I can come up with some others too that have given me past headaches. Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2005, 09:35:51 PM »

If partially cooked cookies are smashable, then yes!  Since we'll be having a smashing party, bring some things.  I'm sure I can come up with some others too that have given me past headaches. Grin Grin

Let's make sure that it is inanimate objects only, now.  Wink Wink Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2005, 09:48:08 PM »

Let's make sure that it is inanimate objects only, now.  Wink Wink Grin Grin

I guess I should have said other "things" 'cause that was what I meant.  What were you thinking? Wink Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2005, 09:51:44 PM »

I guess I should have said other "things" 'cause that was what I meant.  What were you thinking? Wink Grin

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »

PR,

Couldn't you have replaced the seal on your oven door, and the insulation around the oven box?

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2005, 09:58:50 PM »

WHY?  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2005, 10:01:12 PM »

PR,

Couldn't you have replaced the seal on your oven door, and the insulation around the oven box?

I could have but it was an old standing pilot light type stove probably as old as I am and beat up worse than I am so I didn't bother. Instead I eventually replaced it.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2005, 10:11:40 PM »

PR,

I could have but it was an old standing pilot light type stove probably as old as I am and beat up worse than I am so I didn't bother. Instead I eventually replaced it.

OK...............I guess I just might have to do it.  Have too much money into that thing not to do it, that is, if the harness doesn't change anything.  I sure hope it does, though.  I don't need this headache, nor do I need the rash I developed, either. Grin  I'm laughing, even though it isn't funny.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2005, 10:33:16 PM »

PR,

OK...............I guess I just might have to do it.  Have too much money into that thing not to do it, that is, if the harness doesn't change anything.  I sure hope it does, though.  I don't need this headache, nor do I need the rash I developed, either. Grin  I'm laughing, even though it isn't funny.

You said your stove is only fiver years old? I probably would have tried to rescue it myself.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »

WHY?  Grin

I can't find my shrugging smilie so.....    **shrugs**

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2005, 11:09:15 PM »

WHY?  Grin

I can't find my shrugging smilie so.....    **shrugs**

OK.....................if you don't know what you were thinking, then, you don't know what you were thinking.  That was easy. Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »

PR,

You said your stove is only fiver years old? I probably would have tried to rescue it myself.

]
I didn't see this post.  Wonder how many others I haven't seen?

I said my stove is 5 years old?Huh  Where did I say that?  I was supposed to type in 8 years old, 'cause that's how old it is.

I probably would have tried to rescue it myself?Huh?  Do you mean you would have gone about trying to repair it yourself, like I did?  I'm a little bit corn-fused here at the moment.  I'll just blame that on something...................the time of night, the week (s) I've had, etc. Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2005, 11:50:04 PM »

I wasn't sure you said 5 yrs thats the reason for the question mark, I didn't take the time to look back. Even at 8 yrs I still would have tried to rescue it. A stoves lifespan is supposed to be set at 15 to 20 yrs so at 8 yrs it is worth getting it fixed is what I meant. With the the cost I probably would have done it myself also.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the