Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Would you hire someone with a disability?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you hire someone with a disability?  (Read 976 times)
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:55:19 PM »

Would you hire someone with a disability?  The disability could be anything:  in a wheelchair, deaf, blind, mental retardation, various types of autism including Asperger's, learning disabilities, mental illness (on medication).  
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »

Being disabled myself, I am no longer able to run a business. I did however at one time operate a contractor business and a remodeling business of which I had hired one man with epileptic seizures to install insulation and drywall. Another man that was educationally handicapped due to a mental deficiency to do electrical installations. Another person that had early stages of MS to paint houses.

I currently employ a young lady that is also educationally handicapped as my house keeper (she just happens to be my daughter).

If I had it to do again I would still hire them. Everyone of them were hard working and very dedicated to their jobs.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 10:03:21 PM »

Having run, 3 different restruants yes I would hire a challenged person again. I prefure to call a disabled person, challenged.  I hired 5 different challenged people. Over a period of 26 years, in management. One was mildly retarded. Another, had epileptic seizures, she has since died.  Cry  Three of them were deaf, but only one was mute.

To me though, deafness, hard of hearing, is not a disability. Most of my life, I was 90+% deaf. I learned the hearing world, by reading lips. I was born this way though. Grin Shortly before my (ex) mom-in-law died, I recieved almost all my hearing, this was a gift from God. By the way I am now, disabled on SSDI.

Resting in the hands, of my Lord.
Bob

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and out of obscurity and gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »

Physically or mentally challenged people are very dedicated hard workers. If I had a business I would definately hire them. Being a physically challenged person myself, I find it very hard to stay at home all day long I am challenged with several syndromes, none of which are terminal, and can only be treated by taking a lot of medications. I would love to go back to work, although I am not able to do too much work or work for long periods of time.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 11:10:54 PM »

Being physically challenged myself, I have to say Yes ... when and if I'm in a position to hire someone, I only look at what skills they have and where I can place them - to let them shine where they do best.  Before my disability, I was an Executive Secretary.  Now just because I'm in a wheelchair does not mean I lost my skills - I'm just as good a secretary now as I was when I could walk. The only difference is, now I'm a secretary for the Lord!  All my work is voluntary at church or at the Elks Lodge .... Hallelujah! Praise His Name!  I have a purpose for God! Grin

Blessings -

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:00:57 AM »

Being physically challenged myself, I have to say Yes ... when and if I'm in a position to hire someone, I only look at what skills they have and where I can place them - to let them shine where they do best.  Before my disability, I was an Executive Secretary.  Now just because I'm in a wheelchair does not mean I lost my skills - I'm just as good a secretary now as I was when I could walk. The only difference is, now I'm a secretary for the Lord!  All my work is voluntary at church or at the Elks Lodge .... Hallelujah! Praise His Name!  I have a purpose for God! Grin

Blessings -
Sister I don't believe I've had the opportunity to welcome you yet, so I'd like to take a moment an sey WELCOM TO THE FORUM  Cheesy. You will meet such wonderful Christians here.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 09:16:14 AM »

Thank you for such a warm welcome!  I'm really enjoying myself here!

Blessings -

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 10:31:24 AM »

Thank you for such a warm welcome!  I'm really enjoying myself here!

Blessings -

Cheesy.  This will become a very addictive plce, so much to talk about, so many wonderful friends. I'm glad you are enjoying your visits.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the