Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Secrets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secrets  (Read 947 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »

Secrets...Celebrities have them, I’ve got them and so do you! And it’s impossible to keep a secret for very long in the information age—ask anyone whose face has appeared on a tabloid lately!

Extra marital affairs, youthful indiscretions, crooked business dealings, lies, fraud, cheating, steroids, stealing...the list goes on and on. Real and imagined—we all have secrets.

Your secret has been like a trap door under your feet waiting to drop open and leave you dangling by the noose of deception you have placed around your own neck. Wouldn’t it be great if we could clean the skeletons out of our closet and be free at last from the guilt? You can’t erase the past or change other people’s minds—so what’s the use?

WHAT IS THE USE?

Isn’t it just better to keep up the charade and hope no one finds out? Maybe you prefer to live in a fantasy world, but, as Judge Judy has said, “Denial is not a river in Egypt!”

FACE UP TO REALITY!

There is someone who already knows all your secrets and is prepared to forgive you—His name is Jesus! In fact, He has done more than that. Jesus has already paid the penalty for your secrets and is just waiting for you to connect with Him so He can wash your guilty stains away. That is the purpose that drove Him to die for you!

Until we share our secrets with God, they separate us from His forgiveness, forever.

“It is because of your sins that he doesn’t hear you. It is your sins that separate you from God when you try to worship him.” Isaiah 59:2

Let me tell you how I have dealt with the stain of sin in my life, and invite you to do the same:

NO MORE SECRETS!

1. I have admitted that I am guilty and laid aside any attempt to cover my secrets from God—He knows them already!

2. I admit my inability to produce any good thing in my life without God’s help.

3. I have consciously asked God to cover my sin with the payment Jesus made when He gave His life for me.

4. I have accepted His free gift of forgiveness by simply taking Him at His word.

That’s all there is to it! God can take all your secrets and, by exposing them to the light of His perfection, totally wipe them from your record. He alone has the power and the right to do that! And we cannot earn that kind of unconditional love. It can only be given to us as an undeserved gift.

“As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our sins from us.” Psalm 103:12

Now is the best opportunity you will ever have to cover your secrets so they never come up again!

“Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son’s blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven. At one time you were far away from God and were his enemies because of the evil things you did and thought. But now, by means of the physical death of his Son, God has made you his friends, in order to bring you, holy, pure, and faultless, into his presence.”

Colossians 1:20–22
by Dan Southern

Copyright 2005 - American Tract Society

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the