Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286795 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Devotions for Teens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devotions for Teens  (Read 115780 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 10:42:20 AM »

Every One Unique

By: Jenna Joyner

“Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was excellent in every way.  This all happened on the sixth day.” (Genesis 1:31) NLT

I came across an AWESOME epiphany this morning.  

I have always been different from "the norm" mentally and physically. Being 5'11," 165lbs, and obviously a horse of a different color left me feeling a little too creative, a little too funny for a girl, a little too deep thinking, a little too chubby, a little too tall, a little too smart, and a little too artistic. I've always been honored with who God created me as and have always been happy to show my true colors, but I have always longed to be a little more normal.

As I opened my day with a prayer to God, he told me something stupendous and I got so humbled and blessed from it that I can't believe that I have been so ungrateful.  I have heard plenty of times that God created me to be who I am, but He focused my thoughts on that same truth from a different perspective: He CHOSE me to be unique.  He showed me I couldn’t be unique and "normal" at the same time.  He showed me that everyone's meaning of "normal" is different, and what is truly normal is to be who God created you to be.  He wanted to bless me with the opportunity to add some spice to everyone's life.  He honored me as an originalwork of his hands.  I had never fully realized this.

It has changed me a lot in only a matter of minutes.  No longer will I be envious of the "beautiful people" or anyone who has talents different from mine. Now, I am truly able to see others in a loving eye, not a critical one.  I don't have to try to love my neighbor, I see that God chose them to be who they are and I am who I am through the Almighty's plan.  I feel so content with myself and that, at least, is one person who you cannot get away from.  You can't love everyone else properly until you love yourself.  We all serve a different process in God's body.  I am God's Only chosen Jenna.  The King of all wanted me this way and loves me unconditionally for it.  That is a miracle.  God is wonderful!!!  

Maybe He wants to bless you with the same truth.  You were chosen by the One who spun the universe and keeps our galaxy in rotation to be who you are. Listen, you hear that? It's God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 06:18:21 PM »

A Fisher of Men

By: Adam R. Rinehart
Adam@tddm.org

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19)

I am sitting here in my office, thinking about all of the snow coming our way, and all of the work that I have to do before it gets here.  In times like these my daydreaming mind always wanders to something pleasant. Like, a quiet lake with just me and the elements, and seeing how many worms I can drown. There are times that I just wish that I could put a sign out on the church entrance that says, "Gone Fishing!  If you need me, call my cell."

Do you enjoy fishing? Have you ever caught a fish? Fishing is a great sport, and if you have ever been fishing, you know that there is such a wonderful excitement when you actually catch a fish. One of the things that makes fishing such a great sport is that it doesn't matter if you are young or old, or if you are a girl or a boy –you can still catch a fish. What does it take to be good at catching fish?

First of all, you need to be properly equipped. You can't just get piece of string, put a hook on it, and tie it on the end of a stick and expect to catch very many fish, can you? No! If you are serious about fishing, you will make sure that you have all the right equipment. You will want a nice rod and reel.  The next thing you need to know is that you can't sit around talking with your friends about fishing or reading fishing magazines and expect to catch any fish. You have to go where the fish are to catch them! You want to be where the fish are.  Finally, if you want to be good at fishing, you must learn patience. Sometimes the fish just aren't biting. I guess that is the main reason I was never very good at fishing. I thought that you should catch a fish the minute your hook hit the water.

One day, Jesus was walking along the seashore when he saw two brothers named Peter and Andrew. Jesus knew that they made their living by fishing, so he called out to them, "Follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" Do you know what they did? They laid down their fishing nets and followed Jesus.

Jesus wants you and me to fish for people too. That means that he wants us to tell others about what he has done for, us and what he wants to do for them. When is the last time that you "went fishing”? Maybe you need to be like me, and put everything else aside and literally go fishing.  Maybe you could fish at the mall, or the pizza parlor.  Wherever you know that there are some fish, go, find them!  Now is the time!  May God's Grace Abound in You

« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 06:19:59 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »

How To Shine

By: Matt Crawford
Matt@tddm.org

"If you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as noonday." (Isaiah 58:10)

So often we forget the things which should be the fruit of our salvation. Things that go beyond our prayer time, our Bible study, our "ministry" as we know it –things that work repentance and humility in our hearts for God in a way that no other "religious" practice could come close to. We forget the basic concepts of easing the yoke for others, helping the poor, and going out of our way–sacrificing–to comfort the afflicted.

Even before Christ began his public ministry, John the Baptist preached repentance to the people to prepare their hearts for the Lord who was to come. When they asked him what they should do, his first reply was "let him who has two coats give to he who has none." And the Bible makes it clear that John's only purpose was to fill in the valleys, to level the hills, and to make straight the path of the Lord. The hearts of the people needed to be set in repentance, producing fruit accordingly, so that they would be ready to accept Christ's words in their hearts when He arrived.

So often is a "life-enhancing" gospel of personal fulfillment, joy, and love preached, we set aside and forget the righteous and pleasing deeds God requires. "Share your bread with the hungry," "bring to your house the poor who are cast out," "when you see the naked, cover him." (Isaiah 58).  Yet if John the Baptist, who was full of the Spirit from birth, was suppose to ready the people's hearts for Christ by calling them to such deeds, do we who profess Christ ignore the heart of God while claiming to be His children?

Like all God's pleas or requirements, the call to "extend your soul to the hungry" is meant to bring us goodness, not to deprive us of it. For the scripture goes on to say that our light shall dawn in the darkness, and even our darkness shall be as the noonday. The work that such actions will wrought in our heart is so profound that even in our bad moments, at our dark times, we will shine like the sun at it's brightest of the day.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 06:20:50 PM »

Silence

By: Beth Hays
Beth@tddm.org

And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgment day of every idle word you speak. Matthew 12:36

I have learned many valuable lessons this past summer as a Christian camp counselor. There is just something about being surrounded by God’s creation and in an unconditionally loving environment that breaks down defensive walls. When those walls are down we open ourselves up more…or at least I do. So, amidst the stress of having many kids in my care 23 hours a day, 6 days a week, I was taught incredible things.

One of the things I have come to cherish is silence. This shocks even me because I love to talk and be sociable. I love to be in conversation and silence used to scare me. My mom has always joked that I came out of the womb talking because I started so early. But, I have learned the value of being quiet.

It was not until I learned this lesson that this verse became real to me. God isn’t just talking about keeping your talk clean (though I know he wants that too), but He wants you to only talk when necessary so you can enjoy the beauty in silence. When you talk unnecessarily, you are ruining someone else’s (and your own) chance at a beautiful moment of silence.

God doesn’t mess around with this stuff either. He is serious. Each of us are going to have to account for all the times we spoke when we didn’t need to or to just to talk. We will have to fess up to all of our meaningless conversations. I know I will have a lot of fessing up to do. But, now that I have experienced how precious quietness can be, I have decided to be more aware and in control of when I speak, and when I chose not to. I suggest you consider doing the same. You may find your life becoming more beautiful with each added moment of stillness.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 03:18:01 PM »

Revelations in a Nutshell

By: Jeff Lappano

“Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:51 (NKJV)

To start off my time teaching the Sunday Special Request series, I figured why not start with a tricky question. The question has to do with the rapture.

The rapture is when all the saints, living and dead will be joined together and be brought to Heaven. Verse 52 of 1 Corinthians 15 says that a trumpet shall sound and we shall be changed. At this time, Jesus will appear in the sky, but will not set foot on the earth. If you have watched the Left Behind movies, particularly the first one, it shows those who weren’t taken in the rapture look for those who were. In Matthew 24, Jesus is teaching on the rapture. Paraphrasing verses 40 and 41 He says that two people will be together, all of a sudden one will be left. I believe Jesus gives us the picture here that those who aren’t going to be taken in the rapture won‘t even know what happened.

For the second time in history, an interesting phenomenon will occur. Matthew 27:52, 53, “And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many." After the resurrection, many people saw dead people just rise up from their graves. When the rapture occurs, the same thing shall occur in the fact that graves will be opened, however this time those coming out of the graves shall just start ascending into the air rather than walking around on the earth.  

Going to back to 1 Corinthians 15, we find the dead in Christ shall rise first. This means those we just learned about should happen first and then those still alive shall be caught up in the air with them. This will go on for seven years that we will be in Heaven, and yes there shall be some major activity on the earth as well. It will be useless for me to teach on the rapture without ending this devotion by giving you an invitation to join those who will be apart of the rapture. Those who are Christians will be the elect group to be taken in the rapture. Being a Christian means confessing that you are a sinner in need of a Savior. Jesus Christ, the Son of God died on a cross 2,000 years ago to be your Savior, so that you may be called one of His own. Accept Him today into your heart, meaning it totally with all of your heart, and I promise you that you shall be a part of the rapture.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 03:18:54 PM »

Piecing Me Back Together

Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Psalm 51:18 (NLT)

A couple years ago I went to a friend when I was very broken and desperate. I told her I needed some encouragement to keep going. She showed me passages about the wall of Jerusalem and talked about it had to be broken before it could be built up again. This was great comfort to me…knowing that being rebuilt could make me more beautiful inside.

As I have gone on the past couple years I have forgotten about the comparison of the wall to my life. My life has had rocky moments but I have not yet been totally broken. At least, I have not been broken like I was a couple of years ago.

Tonight I was spending my quiet time with God and He spoke to me about being broken and that I needed to be broken to be useable because I so stubbornly refused him for so long. I was too busy fooling myself and others to acknowledge my inner issues. I really broke down tonight and told Him that I knew He was right...I needed to break down those masks.

After this intense time, He brought me to this verse: Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Psalm 51:18 (NLT) Wow. He will help to rebuild me. I remembered the analogy. Imagine that one conversation two years ago could have such an impact today. I have been broken…but for His purposes…and that is an amazing thing.

Now He is going to take those shattered pieces and put me back together. Maybe you are in the same boat. Are you shattered? Let Him gently piece you back together again. He loves you, my dear ones.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 08:57:03 PM »

Speed of Light

By: Tony B. Rhoda

"You are the light of the world." (Matthew 5:14)

As Christians we are called to be the light of the world. We're supposed to be examples to the people around us who are not saved. It is our job to show this dying place a love from a Savior that will erase their deepest, darkest secrets and give them hope for a future. The only way to show the love of Christ is to act like He would.

The other day I was cruising down the highway in the city when a van past me by. I glanced down at my speedometer and I was going around 65 miles an hour. So this guy was hauling. After he passed me, a speed limit sign showed 45 miles an hour. "Wow, he's just asking for a ticket." I snickered as he continued to pass.

After he passed through, I was amazed to see that it was a van for the handicapped, and on the back it said, "We take pride in driving safe, see you at the next stop light." I couldn't believe what I just saw. Here was a guy already breaking the law and then to be speeding displaying that type of sign on the rear of his van, was just beyond my comprehension. Now, I don't know about you, but I started to think differently of how this person was. Sure he says one thing about driving safe, but then the next second he's speeding down the highway.

Of course it didn't take me long to realize that if I knew he was going faster than 65 there was a problem, because not only was he speeding, but so was I. Now I don't have a "drive safe" sticker on the back of my truck, but what I do have is a bumper billboard for the tailgate of my truck. I have two Christian bumper stickers and a sexy little gold plastic fish attached. So, when people see my truck, they know that a Christian is inside it, but, when they see me flying down the highway drag racing a handicapped van, people will start to wonder what kind of Christian I am.

When you claim Jesus as your Savior you also claim His name. You become a walking billboard for Christ. Everyone that passes by you knows there is something about you that sets you apart from the crowd. Knowing this, we have to strive to be as good a Christian as possible, because through our actions, we give people reasons to believe in us or to think that it's all a phony. I mean if you can't tell the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian then what's the use? Use this week to set yourself apart from the rest of the world and let your little light shine. You would be amazed at how fast light can travel. God Bless and Keep the Faith!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 08:57:56 PM »

A Thankful Heart

By: Jennilyn E. Mauler

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. (Colossians 2:6-7)

Have you ever been overflowing with thankfulness?  It's an interesting concept.  But, we are to be that way, overflowing with thankfulness. Now, you may be asking, ok Jen, why should I be thankful?  I mean, look at my life, what have I to be thankful for?  

I have a very good answer to that.

When you were dead in your sins and in the un-circumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave ALL our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. (Colossians 2:13-14)

Makes you pretty thankful, huh?  Think about it.  We use to be dead, ugly, and disgusting before God.  But, God, in His mercy, sends His Son.  And then, He dies for us!  So we can be seen as pure and holy in God's sight.  

Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle!  Do not taste!  Do not touch!"? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. (Colossians 2:20-22)

As I was reading this, it hit me.  Why is it so hard to be thankful sometimes?  Maybe it's hard to be thankful, because we weigh things on the world's scale, and not God's.  How can we be thankful to God, when our lives are full of worldly things?  Now, I am not saying we cannot be thankful.  It is just harder when we are using what the world sees as right.  

I will leave you today with this verse.  Think about it.  Pray about it.  Ask that God will reveal areas in your life that are not focused on him. Ask him to set your eyes on things above.  He will show you, trust me.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »

Loving Yourself

By: Steve Self

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”  1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)

I’ve heard many sermons and Sunday school lessons on the love listed above; as a matter of fact I’ve preached some of the sermons and taught some of the Sunday school classes on these verses. The love Paul describes here is called agape love. It’s an unconditional, covenantal, unchangeable, decisive love, it is an action we are commanded to do. This love is not emotional nor does it change with circumstances, it’s always the same. Most of the time this passage is talked about, it’s in the context of how to love others. But as I was counseling a person who was depressed and down, God showed me a new angle of this verse. He showed me that we are supposed to love ourselves with this type of love too.

When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was, He talked about the commandment to love the Lord with all you have, but then He went on to talk about the 2nd one being just like it. He tells us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. If we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves, and we are taught that we are to love our neighbors with agape love, then we need to also need to read this passage in reverse and love ourselves as we love our neighbors.

We are our own worst critics, sometimes we are too critical. We make a mistake or sin, we repent, and then we still feel guilty. The guilt is not coming from God, it comes from our accuser and we need to realize that. One huge step in attaining a biblical view of self-worth is to apply this scripture to your own view of yourself. People always tell me “Steve, I can love others like I am supposed to, but I just can’t love myself like that.” They are right, it is much harder to accept what God has said about you and truly believe it. Much less carry out an action plan to live in to God’s will for our view of our self.  

No matter what is in your past, no matter what you have done, no matter what you are struggling with right now, you can practice regarding your self-worth by following the scripture above. I’m not saying you can use this scripture and go about your life and freely sin and not care about it. That is a flagrant misuse of God’s grace. But what I am saying, is that Satan can attack you and tell you that you are worthless or that you are not smart enough or not good looking enough, but now you know how to protect yourself from believing the lie. Arm yourself with God’s word which is sharper than any double-edged sword, put this weapon into your arsenal and watch God do wonders in your life. You are a precious child of God, one He loves very much. Would God lie to you? Of course not! So don’t think He would start lying to you with this teaching. He loves you and He wants you to love yourself. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you make this change in your views and in your life.  With this love, God accepted Jesus as our sacrifice so we could be with Him.  With this same love, Jesus came to earth and lived through terrible suffering to be our sacrifice.  Even if you were the only person ever to be born, Jesus would have still died for you.  Remember, when you hate yourself, you are hating God’s creation. A creation He formed lovingly with His own hands. God loves you, so love yourself.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 04:08:13 PM »

Piercing the Darkness

“When I fall, I will rise. Even though I am in darkness, the Lord will be my light.” (Micah 7:Cool NLV

I have spent the last few days in a real low point in my relationship with God and I haven’t been able to find the strength to climb out of it. I have tried all the simple answers, like praying, singing, and reading, but I need something that’s REAL. It seems no matter how hard I claw, the deeper I slip. And it is starting to get hopeless.

But it never quite gets there. I was putting up my calendar for 2005 and on the picture for January was this verse. It blew me away. I have fallen so deeply I wonder if I will ever get out. I am surrounded by vertical walls full of thorns and cackling demons with no where to go. But, when I stood by and thought about it, I know I will rise. It will get better, as it always does. There is always joy after the pain and a stream of misty light after a storm. I was infused with hope.

But, ironically, that hope fulfilled the rest of the verse. God pierced my darkness with his light and truth. He showed me hope in the midst of despair. He showed me HIM in a place where everything was blurry and unidentifiable. And what could be better than the beauty of our God overtaking the blackness of my soul? Even when I was in darkness, the Lord broke through and became my light.

Maybe you feel like you’ve fallen and will never find a way to the top again. I know it’s desperately hard to imagine, but sometimes we have to hang out in the valley before we’re taught to soar with the eagles. Take hope my friend, it WILL get better. And when it seems you are trapped in the depths of darkness and you can’t see a thing, look around, the light is there, the Lord is with you. I know He’s reaching in your darkness to show you just how much He adores you. Keep going, my sibling in Christ, I promise every moment is worth the trial.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »

Knock at the Door

By: Brittany Waller

"And so I say to you: Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you." (Luke 11:9)

Some days I feel like praying is a waste of my time. I feel like I am talking to a brick wall. If that wall bursts out and starts to talk to me before God does, I am going to blink a few times, scream, and then run away very fast.

However, God does listen. He listens to every plea of help, every angry word towards him, and every word of praise that slips off our lips. The question is do we mean what we say?

If you are taking a test and are stumped on a question, don't expect God to magically send you brain waves to make you smarter, if it does happen call me. But, God doesn't work that way. He knows best. He knows what you need and when you need it. If you long to find God, search harder because he isn't far. He is close enough to hold your hand or wipe away your tears.

God wants you to talk to Him. He will listen to you when everyone else walks away. All you have to do is open up your heart to Him. Will you open up that door? He is knocking. Don't take the time to fix your hair or look in the mirror to see how you look. In God's eyes you are beautiful, and he loves you no matter what!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 11:31:02 AM »

Eye of the Beholder

"You love him although you have not seen him, and you believe in him, although you do not now see him." (1 Peter 1:Cool

Faith seems like such a small word for such a big meaning. We as Christians have faith that God exists. We cannot see him, but yet we pray to him. This is because we see him working through others, and feel his presence even in a kind word said to a stranger.

It is so easy to falter from that faith in God. Yet, we hold tight to what we believe in. The question is why. Why do we have faith in God? Well let me give you my insight. The Bible is a piece of literature that sheds light on the past. It opens doors to the life of Jesus and his work.

Even as a teen, Jesus grew up different from any of us. I mean he did get into trouble with his parents. Yes, I have also been in trouble with my parents. It's a shock I know. Anyway, remember the time Jesus wandered off to the temple courts after the Passover feast when he was twelve years old? Mary and Joseph returned to Jerusalem unaware Jesus was not with them. As in Luke's Gospel upon returning they found him among teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

Jesus is a rock on which to stand. Even though we cannot see God, we share his word and tell all of the sacrifice God gave, his son. Not every parent could do that. Seeing, is not believing though, but we have heard and read of the wonderful miracles Jesus did. So open your eyes and see God all around you. If you really want to be close to God just pray and believe in him even though you cannot see him.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 11:33:41 AM »

Persecuted

"Happy are you when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil lies against you because you are my followers." (Matthew 5:11)

Have you ever been persecuted for your faith? I have had experiences with that, especially around my friends. I wear a cross necklace in front of them, they look at it, shake their head while glaring, and then walk away. I have got into arguments over religion with my friends, and I have to admit some harsh things have been said. It definitely hurts!

All you want is for people to love you for who you are and what you believe in. Things aren't that easy though. Jesus said we will be persecuted for believing in Him. But, why do we take it so hard then? Probably because we feel like they are not only attacking us, but they are attacking God too. The devil is talking through them and tempting you to have doubts. Fight for what you believe in, even if people discriminate against you.
Why do we discriminate against other people though? They could be black, Jewish, homosexual, overweight, Mormon, handicapped, or any other way of discriminating a person you can think of, and it doesn't matter, they are still looked down upon for it. Why can't we all just get along? Now I feel like breaking out into song, I can't help it, "Red and yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world!" That was so off key I am glad you weren't here to hear that!

Just think of all the people in the world who are persecuted. I bet every day someone is persecuted for the way they act, look, or for what they believe in. Jesus never said this road was going to be easy. God is always there to give you that one extra push. So don't give up, you just have to take one more step. You have to realize even though people will put you down, you have to smile and walk away. Say a prayer for that person. That someday they will see God's light, read His word, and think twice next time they look down on someone for just being whom they are.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 11:36:38 AM »

Unto The Least Of These

By: Adam R. Rinehart

Matthew 25:40 “And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.”

Boy, do we have it good.  Roofs over our heads, food in our stomachs, clothes on our backs, cars to drive, beds to sleep in, and many more things that we all tend to take for granted, boy do we have it good.  We believe in a Savior that died on the cross for our sins and rose again so that we may have eternal life.  Boy, do we have it good. Salvation that takes us from our rotted sinful human nature that was given to us, not by the things that we have done, but given to us as a free gift. Boy, do we have it good.  I never realized how much I take that all for granted and how much I really have it good until last week while I was in Atlanta for a conference.

I had driven from where I was staying to the conference, and after I had parked about a block from the venue, I began to walk and get ready for the conference.  While on my way, I began to be followed by a homeless man, who wanted to ask me for money.  “Do I talk to him?”  “Do I just ignore him?”  “What if he gets violent?”  All of those questions began to run through my head.  I knew that he was following me and going to ask me for money, but I had none.  I was down there on a budget, and had to make every penny count.

Here he came.  Knew I was a tourist.  I stopped and asked him, “Why are you following me?”  He replied, “I need some money for a sandwich.”  OK God, What are you going to do here?  The Holy Spirit then came into my mind, “Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have give I thee.”  I said, “Man, I do not have any money, but what I do have, I will be glad to give you.  Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?”  He did not like that answer much, but wanted money, and then walked off.

My cousin says that most of them are looking for money for booze.  Others are looking for money for drugs, and most of them are homeless, and really need some serious help.  Is there an answer?  Is there a way to help them?  I know that there are many homeless shelters across the area, and it is my prayer that they will find them.

But, what does that have for us?  Friends, we really have it good.  When was the last time that you stopped and thanked God for what He has given to you, so that you do not have to suffer?  When was the last time that you helped someone that you knew was in need?  You see, you don’t have to give them money.  You have the Lord Jesus Christ in your heart and that would be the greatest gift that any one could give.  The message of salvation.  Won’t you take the challenge today, to really be thankful for what you have as well as find the time and the place in your heart to give that wonderful gift, the message of salvation?  May God’s Grace Abound In You.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 09:28:22 AM »

Greatest Calling of All

By: Andy Ketterer

The Apostle Paul, the Prophet Isaiah, King David, Moses and Noah are some people that come to mind when I think of people that had "great" callings in the Lord. Their lives were full of action and victory. The accomplished so much for God. They were awesome instruments of God!!

The crossing of the Red Sea, the Flood, slaying a giant with a sling and professing of the coming Messiah are indeed great events. But these events are not what made these men great. Although the Lord called these men to take part in these events, they had a greater calling than this. This calling was much more difficult to achieve.

If you were to preach to 10,000 people per week, it would not be the greatest accomplishment you could do as a Christian. If you were to become a multibillionaire and dedicated your life helping the poor and needy, it would not be the greatest accomplishment you could do. To live your life as Christ would, no matter your rank in the church or financial status, is by far the greatest thing you can accomplish!! And it is the most difficult.

The greatest tool you have to witness to others of Christ is your life. You are a witness of Christ to your teachers and peers by the way you conduct yourself in school. You are a witness of Christ to your boss and coworkers by the way you perform at work. You are a witness to your family by the way you conduct yourself in everyday life. Handing out tracts and giving Bible studies is meaningless and pointless if you do not live your life as a Christian, a Christlike person. People make note of the things you say, but they are studying the life you live.

Take a few minutes, prayerfully consider what kind of witness you are to those around you. Prayerfully consider the relationship you have with Christ. The greatest glory God can receive is if you live a Godly life. This is the greatest calling of all. May God bless you richly!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 104 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the