Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:32:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Devotions for Teens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devotions for Teens  (Read 115930 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: May 06, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

Prom

Give honor to the Lord for the glory of his name. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.  Psalm 29:2

Prom season is here in full swing…a sure sign that the school year is almost over.  While I didn’t attend prom this year, I know many of my friends were looking forward to it, and as it was this past Saturday, I have heard many stories and seen lots of pictures. 

While prom usually isn’t thought of in a spiritual context, I would like to try to make a parallel between a slow dance and worship.  I have always thought of worship as a slow dance with God.  It is a time where you quietly and intimately spend time with Him.  You wrap your arms around God, and He does the same with you.  It is an intense and concentrated time spent with Him.
Whatever season of life you encounter, worship is always a way to get a hold of God.  You glorify God for who He is and not only what He has done.  It is a way to create a connection with God.

Try to set apart a time of worship with God in your near future.  Maybe you will turn on some Christian music and imagine my mental image where you are dancing with God, or maybe you will act as if you are having a phone conversation with Him.  Whatever happens, I hope you are able to create a close connection with God in your everyday life.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 06, 2008, 01:21:33 PM »

What Are You After Today?

And when they had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will. Acts 13:22

David was known as a man after the heart of God. What are we after today? Are we after the heart of God? Are we after spiritual things? What are you searching for in your life today? Is our focus and mind on the kingdom of God? It seem that we are after other things such as relationship, material things and the list goes on and on. There is nothing wrong with that but we must also desire to want more of God in our lives. We should be hungry and thirsty for God. The cry of your heart should be your all I want, your all I need. What are you after today? What is the thing or things your longing for? What got your attention now? God want us to go after him just like we go after other things. The same way we go after the latest sneakers or clothes and the things that are popular today, we should also go after God. The bible also say to seek ye first and the kingdom and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). I encourage you to go after God. Go after his heart. I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 21, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »

Become Extraordinary

With God nothing will be impossible.  Luke 1:37

Did you know that God wants to use you to do the extraordinary?  Throughout the Bible, God has used ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things for Him.  People like Joseph, who was a dreamer, and despite being stuffed into a cistern and sold as a slave by his jealous brothers, became the Prime Minister of Egypt and saved both Egypt and the the nation of Israel from starvation and obsolescence.

How does something that powerful happen?  It takes the faith of an ordinary man like Joseph, to overcome the difficulties that others cause in their life, to have God empower them to accomplish the amazing things that they otherwise might never happen been able to do.  Another example is Paul.  Did you know that Paul was one of the biggest enemies of Christianity before he himself became one?

Paul traveled all over the cities around Israel seeking out Christians and having them jailed and killed, until he met God one day on his way to Damascus.  God literally knocked him off of his horse.  As Paul fell to the ground wondering what was happening, God asked him why he was persecuting and killing His people.  Paul was blinded for the moment and was so frightened by the thought that God was actually speaking to him, immediately confessed his sin and accepted God's challenge to begin starting building churches.  Paul ended up starting more churches than any of the apostles.

One of God's favorite words is impossible.  Why? Because God is so good at making what looks impossible become the possible in our lives.  All He asks is that we believe in Him and that He has the power to do that for ordinary people who have big faith.  So, become extraordinary.  Be available and willing to do whatever God wants you to accomplish, knowing that He has the power to do it.  All He wants from us is to have faith, trust in Him and believe He will do it.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the