Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Devotions for Teens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Devotions for Teens  (Read 115937 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:46 AM »

This Ride Called Life

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:15-16

My best friend loves roller coasters and any theme park ride that looks scary or dangerous.  She particularly likes the ones that turn you upside down or that go up way high and then drop you at a very high speed. 

I, on the other hand, do not like those kind of rides.  I am usually happy to watch other people while I hold their hot dog or something.  I have a fear of heights!  And a fear of falling!

A few summers ago, my best friend and I got to go to Disney World with her family.  We were so excited, looking at all of the brochures of all of the rides and attractions there.  My friend had all of the scariest rides picked out and I said, Not me!  I will be happy watching you because I want to be safe.  She laughed and said, “We’ll see.”

Well, I might not like scary rides but I do like electric guitars.  And somehow she talked me into riding  the Rock-n-Rollercoaster Ride starring Aerosmith.  It looked so cool and the music was awesome.  But as we got closer in line, my stomach started to flutter and I saw a  sign warning people who might get injured from the ride to turn back.   I felt real nervous and I started to sweat.   I told her that I didn’t think I was going to be able to ride the ride after all, that I would just wait for her.

She shot me an upsetting look, grabbed my arm and said, “For you did NOT receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God., and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we SUFFER with Him, that we may also be GLORIFIED together.” Romans 8:15-17

Whoa, how could I argue with that!  I mean, not only had she memorized all of that scripture, but she knew where to apply it and it actually SPOKE to me.  I was no longer afraid of the ride but of her.  I knew that “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” Romans 8:14 

So I rode the ride.  They took our picture at some point on the ride and we laughed when we saw it.  There she was hands up in the air, wide-eyed,  with a crazy laugh on her face, and then there was me, knuckles white from grasping the pole tight and my eyes and mouth were tightly shut and my face looked like I was bracing to be hit by a big mack truck!  Ugh!  But I made it.  And I am glad that I did.  We  rode it three more times after that.  It actually became my favorite ride of the whole place.  I think about that ride but mostly that scripture when I am faced with something scary on this ride called life. 
So.....what are you afraid of?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 25, 2008, 09:33:20 AM »

Do Great Things in 2008

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

The year 2007 has ended and we are in 2008. Some of us had a bad 2007. We wish we could forget all that has happen in 2007. Some of us are looking forward to a great 2008. God is doing a new thing in 2008. Will you be a part of that new thing? Will you be a part of that New Beginning? What will you do differently in 2008 that you didn’t do in 2007? What are your goals for 2008? How will you go about achieving those goals? The lord wants the best for you. He wants you to forget your past, forget the former things that has cripple you and hurt you. Forget those things that has cause you pain for he want to do a new thing, a great thing in 2008. Will you be expecting great things? Will you do great things in 2008? Will you go after your dreams in 2008? Will you strive for a deeper relationship with God and being committed to your local church by serving? Renew your mind and your thinking now. Do the impossible in 2008. Do something that has never been done before. Release your creative mind that God has given you. For there is greatness in you. God is waiting and expecting you to do great things in 2008 but first forget the former things, your past.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 26, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

Pressing Toward the Goal

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Here, Paul instructs us to forget about the past.  Our past life before we were saved and even our past in our Christian walk.  It is not good to always be thinking about “yesterday”.  Past hurts, past mistakes, past problems.  Paul is instructing us to reach forward.  Like a runner in a race...straining every muscle, striving for the prize, which is to be Christ-like and to someday be with Christ.  Everything else is a waste of time. 

As we are putting away an old year and stepping into a new year, we some times make resolutions to stop doing a non-productive thing or to do more of a productive thing.  We resolve to change something about ourselves.  Whatever you wish to call it.  Paul called it pressing toward the goal.  Reaching forward, to the “upper call”.  Is God calling you to walk closer with Him today?  Press toward the goal...... which is Jesus Christ.

Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »

The Lucky Charms Bible

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I don't know about you, but I love me some Lucky Charm cereal. Who doesn't? Everyone eats it a different way. The way i eat it is like a science. I first go through and eat all the little brown-wheat-like things out first. I push all the marshmallows to the side in one big floating clump. After i have eaten every last wheat-thing, I'm ready for the best part!! A mouth full of marshmallowy goodness. I usually can eat 3-5 bowls, no kidding.

Some people read the Bible the way i eat lucky charms. The things that people get convicted of or don't really plan on following through with in their walk with God ,are like the little wheat-things. You don't really mind the little wheat things but you could do without them. You'd rather have the marshmallows, and the equivalent to marshmallows in God's word are the things that are easy for you to follow. Like "thou shalt not steal", well if your not a clepto-maniac then that really won't be a problem or you. Verses like love Jesus , do good works, love each other, help the poor etc. are like marshmallows , they are happy- feel good verses. More often than not easy to follow. But the entire Bible is "God-Breathed", i love that phrase. The entire Bible cover to cover , God has inspired men and women to write. So because its God-inspired we need to follow, full-heartedly, the whole thing. Not just the feel good things (marshmallows). But also the things that are harder to follow. The things that aren't easy to stay away from. (drinking, smoking, lying, pride, etc). Remember that the whole bowl of cereal is good, and you have to eat them all. Follow all of God's word and watch how He blesses you in return, could be a whole lot of marshmallows!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39:47 AM »

Waiting Patiently

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  Psalm 40:1

Have you ever had to wait for something that you wanted so bad you could hardly stand it?  I think we all have had instances of patience testing in our lives.  Some of them we are waiting for good things, like being accepted to a college, or an upcoming prom dance, or perhaps a wedding to someone we love very much.  Other times it's for not so good news like a medical test report, a prayer request sent up, or in the front seat of your car, waiting for the police officer to come back with, or without a ticket in their hand.

In either case, God wants us to wait patiently for the results to be made known to us.  Have you ever given any thought to the reason for this?  Maybe you have heard the old story, I prayed to God for patience and God made me wait 10 years before I finally learned how to be patient.  All kidding aside, God doesn't want us to live lives filled with anxiety.  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Philippians 4:6

God knows that anxious Christians are not the best individuals to send out on Kingdom missions, small or large.  He wants us to be of use for Him, to help with the heavenly work He is trying to accomplish through us here on this earth.  Anxiety and patience go hand in hand.  Both are closely tied to our maturity and character, which are the two main areas of our lives He is constantly growing, shaping and developing.

I remember a time in my life when I had to wait patiently for God to change a very troubling circumstance around.  I will be the first to admit that I had to deal with a great deal of anxiety, at least for the first couple of months of waiting.  Slowly though, as I began to give the situation more and more to Him, I became less troubled and eventually arrived at a place of complete peace, as I witnessed how He was working out the circumstance I was in.  One of the things that really helped was some verses a good friend had shared with me; Proverbs 3:5-6. 

Now, at first, I would not have thought those verses had much to do with patience.  However, as the days and weeks went by, praying those verses every day, I began to develop a new found patience which I had never known before.  My advice to those of you looking for some patience: try looking in the Book of Wisdom, beginning with Proverbs 3:5-6 for an appetizer, before going on to the main course; the Psalms of David.  It's amazing what we can accomplish with even a little piece of God's wisdom.  That is, of course, if you have the patience to wait for it work.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 29, 2008, 07:35:45 AM »

If It Makes You Pray..It's a Good Thing

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

Why do bad things happen?  I can never seem to understand why God allows bad things to happen to good people.  It doesn’t seem like its fair for people who do nothing wrong to get hurt.

God has an ultimate purpose though.  The other day a pastor at my church said something that really stuck with me.  He said, “If something makes you pray, it’s a good thing.”  Reflecting on this statement reminds me how much God is in control.  When a bad thing happens to me, I know that it’s not the end of the world that something bad has happened.  God allowed bad things to happen to Job, and he was considered a righteous man.  Through the testimony of Job’s life, God was glorified.

No matter how things are going in your life today, remember that God is control.  Whether things are going good or bad, the important thing is that God is glorified through your life.  He will always be there for you in your life, no matter what happens.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 30, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

Put Your Hope in God

Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?  Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 42:11

Are you  in a situation that seems hopeless?  Does it seem there is nothing you can do to make it better, no matter what you try?  Do you ever hope someone would come along and help you but no one does?

John 5:1-9 tells of a pool in Jerusalem, by the Sheep Gate.  Around the pool lay many sick people, blind, lame, and paralyzed, they were all waiting.  Because at certain times an angel went down into the pool and stirred up the water, then whoever stepped in the moving water
first, was made well of whatever disease or sickness he had.

When Jesus came walking by the pool, He saw a man lying there, who had been sick for 38 years and he had been at the pool waiting for the water to be stirred, waiting to be helped  for a long time.  Jesus asked him, “Do you want to be made well?’
The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”

The man felt his situation was hopeless.  He blamed his not being healed on other people.  Either no one would help him, or someone was always getting in ahead of him.   He had given in to hopelessness.  He was discouraged and depressed.  Where was his hope, his faith?  His hope was in other people, not in Christ.

Remember Jesus asked him if he “wanted” to be made well?  The man didn’t even say yes.  He just gave excuses on why he couldn’t get well.  Jesus told him to “Rise, take up your bed and walk”.    The man was immediately made well, he got up, took his bed and walked.

Friends, don’t ever give in to hopelessness.  Don’t wait for someone else to make things better.  Don’t blame others for your discouragement or depression.  Instead, put your hope in God.  Jesus said, “Do you WANT to be made well?”  Do you want to rise above this?  Then put your hope in God and Get up.  Get up and walk.  Stop giving up, It is not hopeless,  put your hope in God. He will make things better.  Replace saying, “There’s no hope” to “My hope is in God”.  With God, all things are possible.

“Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”Romans 5:5

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 31, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »

How's Your Walk?

Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.  1 Corinthians 9:26-27

In these verses Paul is describing and imploring us in the way we should be walking as Christians.  The Christian life is not always an easy one, nor is it one that is guaranteed, so we need to be prepared for whatever might come our way.  How does a Christian do that?  Paul tells us through these verses the importance of keeping our main goal in sight.  The Prize.  The prize of the Crown of Glory, sitting next to God on the Last Day.  He also tells us how to prepare ourselves to attain that prize.

In verse 26 Paul explains that we need to walk deliberately, not just stumbling through our Christian life.  This is especially true of our spiritual growth as Christians.  We are locked in a battle with the enemy of our souls, Satan.  He is out to seek and destroy every human on this planet.  When we gave our life to Christ, we all signed up as foot soldiers in this battle.  We enlisted into Christ's army against the evil forces of darkness in this world.

In verse 27 Paul tells us of the importance to constantly remind ourselves to be studying the Word of God.  He doesn't mean that we literally beat ourselves up, but that we are to learn how to become the most effective Christians' that we can be.  If we aren't, how can we expect to preach the Gospel effectively to the lost?  Preparing to preach the Gospel takes both knowledge and discipline in order to be a good witness to others.  Paul knew this and so he made an effort to study it almost as if he was a 'slave' to the Word.

Paul did not want to lose his place in heaven either, and that is why in verse 27 he mentions being disqualified.  When we are in a race to reach the finish line, we need to stay focused on the goal and do everything we know to prepare and equip ourselves to reach it.  That takes intensive training and a great deal of stamina.  This is also true of the Christian life.  This is why Paul makes the comparison of the Christians walk to running a race and being in a battle.  We are not going to finish and achieve the prize if we fail to prepare well, discipline our walk and stay focus on the goal that Christ has set for us.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 01, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »

A New Day Is Here

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalms 30:5

2008 is known as the year of new beginning. I believe some of us just want to have a new day. Some of us in 2007 had bad days. We had some bad night seasons and we thought the night will never end. Some of us have been through some stuff that cause us pain, cause tears to come down your face. Hurt that seems unbearable. One thing you must understand is that before morning comes, there is night. So you will have night seasons. It will be a time where you wonder is God is still here and with you. But he is with you no matter what. 2007 was known as the year of completion meaning God was completing the work he was doing in you. Now that he has completed the work in you and doing what he has to do in your life. You can now enter your new day, your new beginning. You will understand why you went through what you went through in 2007. God want to take you to another level, you have completed your work in 2007 and now he will take you higher in 2008. Do you believe that? Enjoy your new season, enjoy your new day. I will leave a song with you that we sing in our church. It goes like this. God will do a new thing in you. God will do a new thing in you. Whatever you ask for. Whatever you pray for. Nothing is deny said the lord, nothing is deny said the lord. God bless you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 02, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

God Has a Good Plan For Your Life

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.  I will be found by you and bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. Jeremiah 29:11-14

Are you at a point in life where you are facing some bad choices that you have made?  Or are you facing some new choices to make and you feel uncertain as to which choice is the best?  God wants to help you to find His plan for your life.

The first thing you have to do in finding God’s plan for your life is to Believe that He has a plan for your life and believe that He has a good plan for your life, not a bad plan.  His word says His thoughts of you are not of evil.  He wants to give you a good future and a hope.  So that is what you have to do first....Believe it.  Then with full assurance of this belief, you are to Call upon God, to go and pray to Him.  To seek Him with all of your heart.  Believing He will listen to you and you will find Him!   He will gather you from all of those hard places in your life and He will bring you to a better place.  He will get you through that hard time, to a better place.

With God all things are possible.

Do you know God has a good plan for your life?  Do you want it?  Then Believe it and Ask God for it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 03, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »

The Heart of Worship

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

The Apostle John was not only a disciple of Jesus, he was also an individual who worshiped Him.  John understood that Jesus was not only a man, but that He was also a spirit since He was in all respects God as well.  When John refers to God as spirit, he is speaking of the Holy Spirit.  You may recall in the Book of Acts, where Jesus said to the Disciples, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."

When we received Jesus as our Savior, the Holy Spirit came to dwell within us.  This empowers us to be like Christ and be able to worship God just as Christ did.  Early Christians back in Pauls' days did not have nice churches to go and worship in.  They mostly met in people's homes and I imagine that the music was not quite the same as it is in the churches of today either.  One thing we do know is that the Spirit was among them and they were excited to be there.  In the same way, we ought to be energized by the same Holy Spirit today.  However, the Holy Spirit hasn't changed; we have.

Many churches today have very traditional music, using an organ and consisting mainly of songs from Hymnals with small choirs to do most of the singing.  Others have large choirs and multi-instrumented orchestras to accompany the choir in an attempt to evoke some excitement into the attendees at the service.  Which brings me to something I believe is very lacking in churches in America today.  Excitement for Christ.  It seems that people attending churches nowadays just go through the motions.  They listen to the music, few of them even sing a note, they listen to a message, go have a cup of coffee with friends and then leave unfulfilled, only to return in a week for more of the same.

The thought of this makes me quite sad.  I have been to a number of countries on missions where the joy inside people is just jumping outside of them after church.  The joy you see in their faces is an amazing thing to behold.  In Sydney, Australia, there is church named Hillsong.  You may have heard of it because the band Hillsong United is based there.  If you have ever seen a video of theirs, or watched one of Hillsong Church's services on the internet, you understand what I mean about being excited for Jesus.  These churchgoers literally jump up and down while they sing at the top of their lungs singing praises to God.  To me, this is what the heart of worship ought to look like, focusing all of our energies on and giving everything in our hearts to the one who came to save our lives; Jesus.   

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 04, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »

Beginning and End

Now the lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: Genesis 12:1

This story deal with God telling Abram who name become Abraham as you read on that he needed to leave the familiar, the things he has known to go to land that he will show him. As you read on, God begin to tell him things like I will make your name great and the nations of the earth will be bless through you. Abraham had to leave. I believe this was Abraham new beginning. We are constantly hearing that 2008 is the year of New Beginnings. I believe in order to have a New Beginning, sometimes you have to leave things behind or leave people behind. Abraham was face with this situation. He had to either obey the voice of God or stay where he is. Some of us are holding on to the past and you are asking God for a new beginning. God want you to move on with your life. For God is doing a new thing. He wants to do a new thing in you but you have to forget the old, forget the former things. Let go of some things and people. Sometimes in order to begin something, something has to end. What has to end in your life in order for you to have your new beginning? Does friendship or relationship have to end? Is it forgiveness you are holding on to? Is there something in your house you are holding on to? What has God spoken to you concerning your life? Are you still holding on to something that God said to release it? New Beginning shall be yours if you first make up in your mind to let go of the past, let go of things and people and last but not least leave things or people behind. God bless you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 05, 2008, 06:00:40 AM »

This Ride Called Life

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:15-16

My best friend loves roller coasters and any theme park ride that looks scary or dangerous.  She particularly likes the ones that turn you upside down or that go up way high and then drop you at a very high speed. 

I, on the other hand, do not like those kind of rides.  I am usually happy to watch other people while I hold their hot dog or something.  I have a fear of heights!  And a fear of falling!

A few summers ago, my best friend and I got to go to Disney World with her family.  We were so excited, looking at all of the brochures of all of the rides and attractions there.  My friend had all of the scariest rides picked out and I said, Not me!  I will be happy watching you because I want to be safe.  She laughed and said, “We’ll see.”

Well, I might not like scary rides but I do like electric guitars.  And somehow she talked me into riding  the Rock-n-Rollercoaster Ride starring Aerosmith.  It looked so cool and the music was awesome.  But as we got closer in line, my stomach started to flutter and I saw a  sign warning people who might get injured from the ride to turn back.   I felt real nervous and I started to sweat.   I told her that I didn’t think I was going to be able to ride the ride after all, that I would just wait for her.

She shot me an upsetting look, grabbed my arm and said, “For you did NOT receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God., and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we SUFFER with Him, that we may also be GLORIFIED together.” Romans 8:15-17

Whoa, how could I argue with that!  I mean, not only had she memorized all of that scripture, but she knew where to apply it and it actually SPOKE to me.  I was no longer afraid of the ride but of her.  I knew that “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” Romans 8:14 

So I rode the ride.  They took our picture at some point on the ride and we laughed when we saw it.  There she was hands up in the air, wide-eyed,  with a crazy laugh on her face, and then there was me, knuckles white from grasping the pole tight and my eyes and mouth were tightly shut and my face looked like I was bracing to be hit by a big mack truck!  Ugh!  But I made it.  And I am glad that I did.  We  rode it three more times after that.  It actually became my favorite ride of the whole place.  I think about that ride but mostly that scripture when I am faced with something scary on this ride called life. 
So.....what are you afraid of?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 06, 2008, 05:53:39 AM »

Overstaying Your Invitation

…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper…  Hebrews 13:5-6

Have you ever spent too much time with a person?  Maybe you took a road trip vacation and were stuck with your siblings in the backseat for hours.  Or maybe you spent just a little too much time with some of your friends.  Whatever the case was, your nerves were frazzled and you weren’t sure how you could stand to be in close proximity with that person for another second.

Even worse is the feeling that you have worn out your welcome.  Through spending time with others, you sometimes run across situations where you become uncomfortable because somehow you have become the annoyance.  It is an awful feeling.

You can never overstay your invitation with God though.  He even enjoys our company and says that He will never leave us.  He loves us and wants to stay with us and become our friends, if only we will let Him.

Make sure you make time for God today.  He never gets tired of visiting with you and hearing of your life.  Spend time with Him and see how He will be your helper and friend.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 07, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »

Confession

He who conceals his sin does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Unconfessed sin is the most needless form of self-punishment there is. When we refuse to acknowledge that we have disobeyed God, we voluntarily take on an extraordinary load of shame and deceit.  The sad thing is, it's unnecessary. God already knows that we've sinned.  He doesn't need us to confess it for His benefit. He needs us to confess it for our own good.  Unconfessed sin will eat away at you like a disease. You'll be plagued by worries : "Do others know what I've done? When will the truth come out?" You'll be weighed down by guilt and shame ;"How could I have been so stupid? Can the one I offended ever forgive me? Can God ever forgive me?" You'll be dragged down into deception: "If i tell just one more lie, my secret will be safe."

When you've sinned, the last place you may want to be is the first place you should go, and thats straight to God. Go to Him and let Him show you your sin for what it is.  Let Him help you see the damage your sin has done so you won't be tempted to do it again. Let Him give you the courage to seek forgiveness from whomever you've sinned against. Let Him love you, and forgive you, and cleanse you, and give you a new start. As long as you hold on to your sin and try to conceal it, it has mastery over you. But when you confess your sing to God and seek restoration, you'll find mercy and freedom.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 104 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the