Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Peace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Peace  (Read 772 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2005, 06:53:06 AM »

October 6

My Peace
Joh_14:27

The world has some funny ideas of what constitutes peace:

Most commonly, peace is a compromise.  God does not compromise the truth for peace.

Often, peace comes by conquest.  But our Lord stands at the door and knocks—he does not break it down.

Also, peace comes by exhaustion—we are simply too tired to war anymore.  Our Lord is the fountain of strength.

The world's peace is limited—by time (the treaty can last only so long) or space (applies only here).  The peace of Christ knows no limits.

Peace in this world is peace outside—peace in external things.  We bury the hatchet—handle up.  We create such things as a "cold war."  Antagonism remains;  armed conflict ceases—for a short while.

The peace of God is peace inside—peace in the innermost part of the soul.  But consider:  if you have such peace within yourself, what can the world do to disturb it?  The peace of the world is outside;  if God is inside, how can that inner peace be disturbed?

Obtaining peace

So many seek such peace;  so few find it.  How can we obtain the peace of Christ?   We must obtain it in two ways:

He must leave it with us.  It is a passive, growing peace that comes only from experience with Him—in prayer, study, meditation and worship.

He must give it to us.  This is an active peace, given by the Holy Spirit, which comes in service and fellowship.

Holding peace

So many have peace—and lose it.  How is it that we can keep the peace of Christ?

We are not to let our hearts be "troubled" - the word means to be stirred up or in turmoil.  God is not the author of confusion.  Keep your mind fixed on Christ;  all else will fit.

Nor are we to be afraid—the word means "timid."  God is with us;  what does it matter who is against us?

Keep his peace with heart and mind fixed on Him.

The Words of Christ devotions are distributed freely and Internationally in the excellent freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword.

You can obtain e-Sword at:
http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html
Author: Rick Meyer
(The goal of Rick Meyer is to freely distribute Bibles to every country on earth in their own language, and that goal gets closer by the day. Thanks to countless Christian individuals and organizations with big hearts, many excellent Bible Study tools are also being freely distributed with e-Sword around the world.)

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:47:54 AM »

Amen BEP, our true peace comes from Jesus only. We must always work on persuing that peace. We as Christians should always guard our heart, it is the seat of our emotions, and thoughts. Sometimes we as humans have doubts, which lead to thoughts, which lead to questioning God, which lead to failure. Our enemy the devil knows our weaknesses and plants thoughts or doubts in our mind, true he can't know what we are thinking because he can't read our mind, but he sure know our body language. We must let go of all thoughts which lead to destruction, and let satan know that he is not intimidating us that we have an Advocate, a Loving Father who hears our cries and our prayers, and He is eager to help us. We must always keep the helmet of salvation on to guard all our thoughts, we have to grow from glory to glory. Being born again by accpeting the Lord Jesus as our Savior is just the beginning of our walk with God. True peace comes from walking every minute off the rest of our lives here on earth with God. The world can never offer peace, the ruler of this world is a destroyer. That is what satan does 'he is come to kill, steal and destroy.' Our salvation is secure when we accept Jesus, but His desire is for us to have a victorious life as long as we are on this planet, that was God's Plan from the beginning.
I am so thankful that my God is so merciful, and powerful, and loves us so much we can never even imagine just how much.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the