Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Seabees, Local Residents Establish Temporary Housing for Hurricane Victims
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seabees, Local Residents Establish Temporary Housing for Hurricane Victims  (Read 630 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2005, 01:38:23 AM »

PLAQUEMINE PARISH, La. -- Seabees of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 40 and local Plaquemines Parish residents teamed up in September to help the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) expedite establishing housing for hundreds of Hurricane Katrina evacuees.

One of FEMA’s plans for relocating evacuees involved Plaquemines Parish landowners like Ray Tolar, who volunteered his land to host trailers for local families to stay in.

In Tolar’s case, FEMA placed 19 trailers in his front yard, and Seabees are installing water, sewage and electrical connections for the trailers.

“The faster and better we can install these lines,” said Construction Electrician 3rd Class (SCW) Matthew Huston, “the sooner the evacuees can get into these trailers.”

The plumbing and electrical work is a welcome change to Seabees who have seen more than their fair share of debris clearing throughout the hurricane-ravaged Gulf Coast.

“I love a job like this trailer park,” said Huston, “because we’re actually doing something for the hurricane victims directly.”

In addition to making sure the 19 trailers have safe sewage, water, and electrical connections, the Seabees are helping volunteers like Tolar with their own concerns as well.

“The Seabees are doing good,” said Tolar, who is a contracted plumber by trade. “They helped me change my tractor’s tire. We’re friendly to each other, bring them coffee and iced tea. They’ve been very courteous, and I’m just glad to see them here to help us.”

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the