Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sigh! Why Do Christians Major on the Minors?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sigh! Why Do Christians Major on the Minors?  (Read 1077 times)
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »

So much talk about this and that, my doctrine your doctrine, my interpretation your interpretation, my heresy your heresy.

Where's the love?

Did you not know that love is THE priority? There is no higher priority for a Christian than to learn to walk in the COMMANDMENT of love. It IS a command, and not an option.

I can find no other commandment given by the Lord. Why?
Because love fulfills any command or law. Note that these commands and laws are God's. Satan has never created a law, and man, (with devilish help), has only perverted God's law.

Therefore, any minor you want to bring up must be judged in the light of the command of love. Love must be satisfied first and foremost in everything we say or do or think.

Did you ever wonder why the North American church appears, (and is), so weak and powerless? Yup, where's the love? And what has happened to the love that we should have and present? Well, it's bound up in fear.

1Jo 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Wanna get rid of fear from your life? Walk in the commandment of love.

Wanna see miraculous things happen, both in your personal life and the lives of those around you? Walk in the commandment of love. This one is a biggy, and the reason the power of God is not manifest more in North America. Why? Because faith worketh by love, (Gal. 5:6). In fact, nearly all blessings from the Lord come by way of our own personal love-walk.

Yes indeed, what we do DOES matter. And this is not "saved by works" doctrine either so please don't try to go there. This is "if you love Me, you'd do what I say do" doctrine. This is quite simply the doctrine of love. Love like no other kind of love. The same Love that God is, (1 Jo. 4:16), has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, (Ro. 5:5). Therefore, we have the ability and capacity to love just like Love does.

So what is this new kind of love like? what are its characteristics.

For this, I will use the Amplified translation.

1 Cor. 13:4-8
4 - Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

Are you the kind that is patient and kind whilst enduring a hardship? Or are you a grumbler, or a back-biter, or some other unpleasant manifestation when enduring a hardship?

Are you looking to promote others, or do you push to be seen in the "light" for notoriety?

5 - It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

Some really strong stuff here. How do you react in situations that have an effect on you and others alike? And when you disperse from whatever the situation, are you grumbling, back-biting, resentful?

What do you do when someone has wronged you? Are you truly like Stephen and asking God's forgiveness for them?

6 - It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

Are we truly rejoicing when right and truth prevail?

7 - Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

Do we believe the best of EVERY person???

8 - Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

Do we really believe this? If we did, then we would surely be walking in this kind of love because we would know that we would be victorious in every circumstance of life.

We need to read this every single day, but even more importantly, we need to look at each individual point and meditate on it. We need to reflect on our own thoughts and deeds and motives, and look at them through the lens of the item of Love that we have decided to meditate on.

And I might add that meditating on the Word of God must be done in your "quiet space", be it a closet or some other area you have set up for yourself. And you can't do this during the commercials!!! No TVs, radios, or any other distraction present.

I can't stress enough how important it is that we strive to grow in Love. Here's an example of both ends of the spectrum, with names left out.

Some North American ministries go to the Ukraine to see about helping out there, particularly the ones suffering from the Chernobyl fallout. So they take pictures of the downfallen, and go back to North America and raise funds, using these pictures to stab the hearts of North Americans.

Guess what? Not a single penny made its way back to the Ukraine to help out those folks. Now one particular ministry from the US went over there and DID bring help, not only in the form of food and clothing, but also medicines and professional people to minister to those in need of medical AND dental help. Also, games and amusements such as ping-pong tables, pool tables, TVs so children could watch cartoons were provided. All this for people, (including adults), who have eaten meat only once in their life. Who lived in unheated housing with no laundries, cooking tools, heating equipment, etc.

You know what happened? Hundreds came to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, whereas because of those "other" minstries who took the money and ran, they were cursing Him previously.

But Love, REAL Love in the form of physical needs being met in the name of Christ won their hearts.

But you know what? Meeting the needs of the needy around the world is great, but how about your neighbour who is struggling to pay bills? How about your brother or sister in Christ who is driving a rusted out 1990 car?
How about your neighbour whose roof is missing a bunch of shingles? Or they wear worn out shoes or clothes to church because they have nothing better?

I believe we need to look for opportunities to help our brethren locally also, and maybe even moreso given the spiritual depravity of this continent.

Christians need to come to the aid of the poor HERE!
Christians need to come to the aid of the sick HERE!
Chrisitians need to come to the aid of the spiritually depraved HERE!

Love one another, as I have loved you.....

« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 11:25:35 AM by ZakDar » Logged

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:51:01 AM »

AMEN ZAKDAR!

Brother, you just described the hardest thing for all of us to do: Love one another as Christ has loved us.

Just the attempt is the hardest thing that a Christian does in this short life.

Matthew 22:36 ASV  Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?
Matthew 22:37 ASV  And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38 ASV  This is the great and first commandment.
Matthew 22:39 ASV  And a second like unto it is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Matthew 22:40 ASV  On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets.

Brother, I've thought about this often, and I know how often and miserably I fail. I've come to a conclusion that I think is reasonable: We can't come close to loving others as we are commanded without God's help.

I was just thinking that the closest we come is when we yield and God is working in and through us. Most sincere Christians have experienced that warm and joyous feeling when we know that God is working in us and through us. I'm positive that we must pray that God prepares us for HIS Will and Purpose. We should all know that God's Will and Purpose for us will always involve Love, but our human nature in the flesh is not suitable for God's Work.

Brother, I'm thinking about what JESUS did on the Cross for me, and it makes me very sad in knowing how often I fail. A dear brother on the forum said two very powerful words that should mean a lot to every Christian:  LET GOD! Those two powerful words mean a lot to me. Human nature makes us want to say "Let me try", "I'll try again", or "I'll try harder". I firmly believe that's why we fail so often. For me, I KNOW that's why I fail so often. I firmly beleive that the answer is Pray, pray some more, and LET GOD!

Brother, your post was timely and I thank you. This is something that all of us should pray about every day.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 15:5-7 NASB  Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »

Gods Perfect Love

Colossians 3:12-17

12. Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
13. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
14. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
17. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

John 4 :7-12

7. Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
9. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
10. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
11. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12. No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Romans 12:9-12

9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10. Be devoted to one another brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Pray to God with all your heart and strength for Perfect Love. Absolute perfection is not a quality associated with the present dark time of weakness and struggle and probation, but he may endow you with something very close to perfect love if you seek and desire it enough: seek and desire it all the time with all your being. The question of whether perfection in anything in this weak day.

The question of how close to perfection we can, and are required, to come is not a profitable or practical question. What is pre-eminently practical is how hard we must strive, and how earnestly we must desire. How close we get is not our present concern. God will measure us in the scale of what He has given us, and what He has laid upon us. For each, the scale is different, and known only to Him. How close we try and desire to get to perfection.

The irresistible and burning compulsion of love is supremely important. It is ALL-important. In our striving toward the attainment and fulfillment of Perfect Love, how repeatedly we in weakness stumble and fail is not of great seriousness. Perfect Love is perfect oneness with God in all we do and in all we are. It is an ultimate attainment. It is the Divine Promise of the Memorial Name.

All life, and hope and peace and joy lie within the boundaries of total, single-minded dedication to it. Outside it, all is the blackness of eternal night. In anything you do, keep continuously in mind the need for Divine guidance and help in prayer: or else no matter how sincere the effort or "sanctified" the deed. The result will be of the flesh. Without God held constantly in mind, and without His constant help and direction, no activity will rise above the flesh.

Repost - When Christians Fight Christians

The Spirit unites, but the American church divides.  Christian brothers divides, battlelines drawn. A field guide for discerning how to handle Christian controversy.

For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly?" Paul wrote to the Corinthian church, and later commented: "The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?" 1 Cor. 3:3, 6:7.

"Worldly." "Completely defeated." Would the apostle Paul use similar words to describe the vital, innovative, quarreling Christians or churches in America today?

Fighting among Christians is nothing new, of course; it dates from New Testament times. It's hard to say whether we fight more than Christians in previous periods. I suspect more, but I can't prove it. I do know that we fight differently.

We shouldn't be fighting one, another. We should be following Christ, as Jesus has each, and every person spreading the Lords word. The Lord has his way with each of us, no two ways are the same. This is the diversity of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

There are five Greek words that can be translated as "fellowship." They are: Koinonia, koinonos, metoche, koinoneo, sugkoinoneo. I will not take up your time by defining each of these words. If you were to examine the various definitions and summarize them, here is what you would find. The basic idea of fellowship is to be in association of, to participate with someone in something, to share, to have in common, to partner with someone in something, and to join in something.

It is timefor ALL FIGHTING[/u] to stop. We as Christians have enough problems. Our Lord who is our Boss, say's Rom. 12:18 "If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men"

Christian response to fighting has been a spectrum ranging from absolute rejection of fighting and participation in war to full participation with the proclamation of divine blessing and authority. The spectrum has ranged from the pacifist words of the American folk hymn "Gonna lay down my sword and shield down by the riverside, ain't gonna study war no more" to the cry of the Crusaders of the Middle Ages "God wills it!" Several Christian perspectives on war have emerged over the centuries. The spectrum of Christian participation in war runs as follows: pacifism, nonresistance, just war, preventive war, and crusade. For each of these views there are secular as well as religious counterparts, i.e. pacifism and Christian pacifism, just war and Christian just war. Each view also has strengths and weaknesses as well as variations. At the two ends of the spectrum are pacifism and the crusade. The "just war" position is the moderating position in the spectrum and is the view that has been most prevalent throughout church history. It is also a view that was developed largely by Christians especially Ambrose, Augustine, and Thomas Aquinas.

Psalms 33:1-5 Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD NOISE. For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
Psalms 95:1 O come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Psalms 66:1 Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
Psalms 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
Psalms 150 Let All Things Praise the LORD Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!

I think these scriptures speak for themselves.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus..
Bob

2 Kings 6:10 And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nor twice.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 01:55:03 PM »

Amen brothers. An excellant thread and indeed a timely post.

I love to read and hear of the Love that Jesus teaches us about in the Bible and in our hearts.

Rom 13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Rom 13:13  Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 08:56:14 PM »

ZD - good stuff.
Praise the Lord for leading you to share with us.

Faith.  Hope.  Charity.

Love.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the