Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ENEMIES OF GOD AND WORSHIPPERS OF SATAN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ENEMIES OF GOD AND WORSHIPPERS OF SATAN  (Read 5212 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2003, 04:59:46 PM »

ENEMIES OF GOD AND WORSHIPPERS OF SATAN

". . .we were enemies ..." (Rom. 5:10).

". . .the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which
believe not. . ." (II Cor. 4:4).

Many religious but unsaved people will not accept the
fact that they are enemies of God, and fail to understand
why the Bible should insist that they are.

The trouble is that, not knowing God, they have conjured
up in their minds a "god" of their own, a "god" who says:
"Be good and do good, and I will accept you." This "god," of
course, they revere and may even worship. Certainly they
are not at enmity against him.

But the God who says that they are sinners, worthy of
everlasting judgment; that their only hope of salvation lies
in the One who poured out His life's blood to pay the pen-
alty for their sins—this God, the God of the Bible, they
cannot abide. Let one of His servants tell them what He
says about them and they are insulted. When this God, the
true God, refuses to accept their "good" works or their
"righteous" conduct they react like Cain, of whom we read:

"And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell" (Gen.
4:5). They simply will not bow to this God, and their at-
titude betrays their enmity against Him.

But why will they not turn away from their self-
righteousness and trust in Christ, who died for their sins?
Simply because they worship Satan, "the god of this age,"
who "hath blinded the minds of those who believe not."

Worship Satan? This too is hard for the unregenerate
man to believe about himself. As he has his own conception
of God, he also has his own conception of Satan—a wrong
one.

Unbelievers do not know that the real Satan, the Satan
of the Bible, has a vast wardrobe and, in this dispensation
of grace, doubtless appears most often as "an angel of light"
with "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:14,15). This
Satan they do indeed worship. They adore him, and try to
live by his precepts, convinced that the way to salvation is
to do and be good.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 05:32:33 PM »

lol, sounds like the Matrix, doesn’t it? Remember when Morhpous is talking to Neo, and they walk down the street in there “mini-matrix” He said something along the lines of, “these are the people we are trying to save, but while they are in the Matrix, they are still our unwitting Enemies.”

Amen, good post.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 06:41:19 PM »

Amen from me too!

ollie
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 08:39:29 PM »

James 4:4.  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 Corinthians 15:25. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
 26.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Philippians 3:16.  Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
 17. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
 18.  (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
 19.  Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20.  For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Colossians 21.  And you, that were sometime alienated and :enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Hebrews 10:13.  From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool

Matthew 4:8.  Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
 9.  And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
 10.  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

2 Corinthians 11:14.  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
 15.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Thessalonians 2:7.  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
 8.  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
 9.  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
 10.  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Just a few words on the topic.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 04:28:54 AM »

ENEMIES OF GOD AND WORSHIPPERS OF SATAN

". . .we were enemies ..." (Rom. 5:10).

". . .the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which
believe not. . ." (II Cor. 4:4).

But the God who says that they are sinners, worthy of
everlasting judgment; that their only hope of salvation lies
in the One who poured out His life's blood to pay the pen-
alty for their sins—this God, the God of the Bible, they
cannot abide. Let one of His servants tell them what He
says about them and they are insulted. When this God, the
true God, refuses to accept their "good" works or their
"righteous" conduct they react like Cain, of whom we read:

"And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell" (Gen.
4:5). They simply will not bow to this God, and their at-
titude betrays their enmity against Him.

Worship Satan? This too is hard for the unregenerate
man to believe about himself. As he has his own conception
of God, he also has his own conception of Satan—a wrong
one.

Unbelievers do not know that the real Satan, the Satan
of the Bible, has a vast wardrobe and, in this dispensation
of grace, doubtless appears most often as "an angel of light"
with "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:14,15). This
Satan they do indeed worship. They adore him, and try to
live by his precepts, convinced that the way to salvation is
to do and be good.

Another Good Teaching Brother, Thanks And Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 01:31:54 PM »

Thanks Brothers  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 08:28:45 PM »

A DOUBLE AGENT HAS BEEN SIGHTED

DEPART FROM ME

PSALMS 119 [109] My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.[110] The wicked have laid a
snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.[111] Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for
they are the rejoicing of my heart.[112] I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.[113] I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.[114] Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.[115] Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.[116] Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love -
Depart from me, ye evildoers(did Dubbya steal that) I will keep the commandments of my God

MATT.7 [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

depart from me - ye that work iniquity- Hey a4c does iniquity mean lawlessness? Sure does. Your one of them double aught spies Jethro Bodines always talkin about. Youre workin for the bad guy!

2 THES. 2 [5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

In the footnotes of the KJV of the bible you can see that ( iniquity means lawlessness ).You will find this in 2THES.2 verse7. A4C who practice lawlessness  will try and tell you we no longer have to keep the commandments of GOD. But as you can seein verse 10,you will not be saved if you are not keeping all of GODS 10 commandments! The law and the TESTIMONY.The jews have the law and the gentiles have the testimony. WHEN will they come together as 1 stick? I could show you the scripture a4c, but then, you dont believe, you deny the scriptures, you deny the WORD.

NEVER KNEW YOU

MATT.7 [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

ye that work iniquity (lawlessness) -  I never knew you

1JOHN2.[3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.[4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do you know GOD or do you practice iniquity? The WORD cant be any clearer. There are many like a4c who have come in
the name of Christ who will tell you the commandments spoken of in the above verse is not speaking of the ten commandments. Its your choice, the WORD of GOD or the vain words of men.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 10:51:07 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

AMEN! Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT.

You may have already identified the primary cause of blindness for those who refuse to trust in Christ. The precious blood of Jesus Christ destroys spiritual pride and self-righteousness. Some folks have pride of such magnitude that they just can't accept the undeserved GIFT of GOD'S GRACE.

In Christ.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 09:33:48 AM »

Not been commenting on replys but i couldnt let this one slide

Blackeyedpeas says about pride and the commandments

Some folks have pride of such magnitude that they just can't accept the undeserved GIFT of GOD'S GRACE.

THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT PRIDE AND THE COMMANDMENTS
NEH.9  [16] But they and our fathers dealt proudly, and hardened their necks, and hearkened not to thy commandments,

dealt proudly-hearkened not to thy commandments,

NEH.9  [29] And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

dealt proudly-hearkened not unto thy commandments

PSALM 119  [18] Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
[19] I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.
[20] My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.
[21] Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

PSALM 119
[51] The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.
[78] Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
[85] The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.

yea, aint that a fact.

Well, i guess it comes down again to who you believe. Do ya believe BEPs or the WORD of GOD. Do you deny the WORD. And if you do, does that mean you deny the WORD that became flesh. You have the right to choose. beps words or THE WORD.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 11:45:15 PM »

Hello Wreck,

I'm trying real hard to understand some of the posts and motivations of some on Christians Unite who seem to have nothing on their minds but the 7th Day Sabbath. Are you a 7th Day Adventist? If so, that would help me understand your logic and focus.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 08:13:43 AM »

Hi BlackeyedPeas
All through the bible(including the new testament) God tells HIS people they must keep HIS commandments. Satan knows hes only got to get you practice to break 1 and youve broken them all. You are a transgressor. He also knows it would be hard to convince you its alright to kill, commit adultry, etc...But to keep the sabbath. Its only a day. Seems satan has gotten people to break that commandment rather easily.When i first started in earnest to seek the Lord i decided to do it through the WORD. I did this because i read that the whole world would be decived, and it really didnt make much sence to me to believe what was being taught in the world. So i just figured id read what was written and believe it. Im not a 7th day adventist. They do not believe in the sign of Jonas, or thats Christ will return to earth and HIS feet will stand on the mount of olives. And the modern day prophet thing? Just read Hebrews 1. You ask me what motivates me.

MATT.5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Scripture
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 11:29:42 AM »

Yes, good post, Amb4(the first one).

That would make a good letter to the editor for your local newspaper...
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 12:27:34 PM »

The enemies of GOD

1 PETER 5[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking
whom  he may devour:

Theres one of Gods enemies-the devil - a roaring lion- devouring

MATT.7 [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that
find it.[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Beware of false prophets - They are ravening wolves-these also appear to be GOds enemies

ACTS 20 [29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

More wolves- yup these to are the enemies of God

EPH.4 [17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in
the vanity of their mind,[18] Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:[19] Who being past feeling have given
themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Vanity - Clean and unclean - greed- hmmm...

I wonder if we can find a scripture that would uncover these true enemies of God.

EZEK.22 [23] And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,[24] Son of man, say unto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained upon in the day of indignation.[25] There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.[26] Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.[27] Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.[28] And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken

roaring lions - ravening wolves - conspiracy of her prophets - violated MY law - to get dishonest gain -
devoured souls - vanity - uncleanness
HID THEIR EYES FROM MY SABBATHS    
the day of indignation is THE DAY OF THE LORD!

And again i wanna say, if something is being said in scripture on The Day of the Lord, thats the bottom line. The WORD says seek and ye shall find.  The WORD also says if you follow a prophet you will recieve that prophets reward. Dont be decieved. BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES, they will make you wise unto salvation(being saved)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 01:47:22 PM »

Yes, good post, Amb4(the first one).

That would make a good letter to the editor for your local newspaper...

Your welcome Brother Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2003, 04:28:39 AM »

TO: Wreck N Sow

". . .the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not. . ." (II Cor. 4:4).

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the