Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Ten Commandments
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ten Commandments  (Read 1029 times)
darwinatridge

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »

Hello everyone. I have not been here in a while but I have been busy. I have place a poll on the site that I have place on a couple of other sites.
http://www.freejesus.net/home/viewtopic.php?t=7272
http://www.renewamerica.us/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2977
I'm interested in seeing what the difference between these site are in their results.
ARPEL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 10:21:01 PM »

The commandments were not done away with at the cross, it is the the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
eph 2:15, that Jesus abolished in His flesh.

The Law was never given that by the keeping of it any flesh could be justified, it was given that man might know and recognize sin, and bring mankind to Christ (Gal 3:24)

It is clear by the Apostle Paul at Rom 8:8 that the law is powerless to make the doers of it right with God.

He concludes this matter in this way;

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."  Rom 3:28

We, understand that faith establishes the law of God, because it is a law unto itself. (Rom 3:27.31)

I know all you who know the Lord understand this, but I share this for the benefit of those who may not have settled these truths in their mind and heart.

Praise God
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »

ARPEL:

I also agree with you that the Laws are still intact,and they are there to be obeyed.I also know that I am going to blow it at times,but I try.

Yours in Yeshua,
                      curious
ARPEL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »

Amen, curious,

We are assured by Gods word that inspite of whether we keep Gods comandments we will be justified nefore Him, because it is not our doing, it is His shed blood at the cross that justifies sinners.  Rom 5:1-9

God knows that man could never keep His law perfectly (the people broke the comandments before Moses delivered them - Ex 31-32

Thou we should strive to keep Gods law, we should not focus on the keeping of them to prove we are saved, it is by faith, the product of Gods grace any of us can see and undersatnd with our heart that we are not saved because we keep the commandments, but because God has sacrificed His only begotten Son on Calvaries Cross for our transgression.

The keeping of Gods Law can only be done by those who have placed their faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, because only those who posses Him are empowered by Gods Spirit to do it, even then, it is human nature that causes us to stumble at times.  Paul said it this way;

Rom 7
14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

The book of Romans, is my favorite.

Do you have a favorite?

Lord Bless,

PS Forgive me if this sounded like preaching, I share for the sake of the little ones.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 03:07:18 PM »

Hello Arpel,

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!!!

We love God's Word here, so preach all you want. Ephesians and Romans are two of my favorites, so I share with you an interest in the beautiful book of Romans. I enjoy the entire Bible, but I'm partial to the writings of Paul because they concentrate on God's Love and Grace, God's GIFT, JESUS, the Cross, and the meaning of the Cross for a lost and dying world. Paul makes it very plain what JESUS did for us, and I never tire of studying the GOOD NEWS. It makes me happy and thankful every time I think about it, and I enjoy thinking about JESUS always.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Arpel, I'm looking forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 4:4-6 NASB  There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

walkinthelight

I'm a llama! And proud of it! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 10:03:21 AM »

I'm not saying this is sound theology, but this is just the way I look at it. God wrote the 10 commandments on stone, as far as a human life time goes, stone is forever, but the law of carnal ordinances was written on their paper that only lasts a while.
 Like I said, I'm no Karl Barth, it's just the way I look at it.

Jason
Romans 5:6  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 12:57:51 PM »

Stone can kill but the law that is in our hearts can save.

Mat 21:44  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2Co 3:4  And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

This does not mean that the Ten Commandments have been done away with. It means that we are no longer under the law but under grace. The law is no longer on stone but is now in our hearts.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 02:23:12 AM »

Amen PR,if we fall on this stone(subdue to it),we shall be broken.We will be broken.We will need the Law & God to help us exist,but if the stone falls on us,it will grind us to powder(obliterate us).
     PR,I would rather fall on the stone,than have the stone fall on me.
     Yeshua also said in Matt 5:17 that He did not come to destroy the Law & the Prophets,but to fulfill.(fulfill does not mean anull).
     You say the Law of grace.What did Paul say after :What then,shall we sin,that grace may abound ?

Yours in Yeshua,
             curious
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the