Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:58:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The 6/6/06 Coincidence ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 6/6/06 Coincidence ?  (Read 2623 times)
Baastetnoir

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

I’m sure almost all of you have heard of the 6/6/06 theory about the coming of the Antichrist. But is it really just a silly theory, an amazing coincidence?

Or is the Revelation Book telling us more than we want to see?

http://www.satansrapture.com/6606.htm

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 12:55:04 PM »

I really hate it when I go to a site, that locks up my computer.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »

The Bible Code is a farce and has been repeatedly proven to be false. Rely on what the Bible says without the Bible code and you will not ere.

Mat 24:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 01:32:48 PM »

I really hate it when I go to a site, that locks up my computer.
The page opened just fine for me, DW.  It is interesting that is shows 6/6/6, 7/7/7, 8/8/8 etc., as dates of "interest".

I’m sure almost all of you have heard of the 6/6/06 theory about the coming of the Antichrist. But is it really just a silly theory, an amazing coincidence?

Or is the Revelation Book telling us more than we want to see?

It seems a little TOO coincidental to me.  As is written, “…no man shall know…”
No man means NO man.  This tells me that if a man sets a date – regardless of the sources; the date will be wrong.

Also, the Gregorian calendar was adopted only 423 years ago.  Actually, although “invented” in 1582, it wasn’t accepted worldwide until 1926 – Turkey being the last country to adopt its usage.

Granted, God’s powers are immeasurable and unending, and He could have had the Gregorian calendar in mind when He divinely influenced each contributor to the Bible.  However, the supposed fact that God put the time of Christ’s return in a Bible code so man could find it is in direct conflict (in my opinion) with scripture.

Ecclesiastes 8:17 (KJV)
Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

Ecclesiastes 9:12
For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

John 7:27
Howbeit we know this man whence he is: but when Christ cometh, no man knoweth whence he is.

1 Corinthians 8:2
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know

Just my opinion from what I’ve been taught…
Don’t misunderstand me – I realize that the Bible is full of prophesy, and understanding that prophecy is mandated by the Father.  I believe that prophecy indicates the time is near.  The above passages clearly say “day and hour”.  Does that mean we can narrow His coming to a year, month and perhaps even a specific week?  Maybe.  It will be interesting to find out!  Smiley

God bless,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
simplyangie

Much Love

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 09:38:06 AM »

I dont remember a direct scripture, but i recall it as Jesus sayins 'I will not come back until everyone knows my name'...so it gives everyone i fair chance at choosing or rejecting him for judgement day i guess *shrug*
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:28:59 AM »

The Bible Code is a farce and has been repeatedly proven to be false. Rely on what the Bible says without the Bible code and you will not ere.

Mat 24:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

I went to one, Bible code site. Good grief, do you know Laura Bush was, to die last year.  Huh   I guess that proves that the Bible codes, are just are there (by accident). There is no code, so it is a pawn of satan. Something satan can use against Christians that believe in it. Cry

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Isaiah 42:14 I have long time holden my peace; I have been still, and refrained myself: now will I cry like a travailing woman; I will destroy and devour at once.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 11:55:19 AM »

Amen Dreamweaver,

These Bible codes have been wrong so many times. One such incident showed that the earth was to be completely destroyed by a comet first in 1997 then again in 2000 then again in 2002. We know these didn't occur. It is the way of a false prophet where nothing prophesied came true.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Phil121

Insert pithy comment here

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 03:22:20 PM »

Always amazing to see how Christians ignorantly dismiss the Bible Codes as some sort of prophecy tool while neglecting to see how it is perhaps the graetest tool of Apologetics yet revealed by science.

In Drosnin's original book, he, himself an atheist, concluded the Bible Codes were useless for prediciting the future, yet their seems to be a concerted effort within the Christian community to the Bible Codes as a 'sooth-saying tool'.

I'm beginning to get the impression this may be symptomatic of the latest rise in anti-sematism, such it was Hebrew scholars that found the Bible Codes.

"To live is Christ, To die is gain"...Phillipians 1:21
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:30:01 PM »

Phil in order for the bible codes, to be the work of god. They would have to be 100% right 100% of the time. With all the wrong Prophecy given, that shows signs of a false prophet. Therefore it is the work of satan. Phil you need to get away from this garbage. It is as bad is the islamic faith.

Resting in the arms, of the Lord.
Bob

Isaiah 30:29 Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »

Phil in order for the bible codes, to be the work of god. They would have to be 100% right 100% of the time. With all the wrong Prophecy given, that shows signs of a false prophet. .

And...right on schedule Roll Eyes....here come another Christian claiming the Bible codes are prophecy, rather than Apologetics!

Did you even bother to read my last post? Huh
Yes I did read your post, Phil. According to the three sites I visited, the Bible codes are a prophecy. Not as you state, apologetics.
It is a pursuit of Bible prophecy called equidistant letter, the Bible Code
Studies of end-times prophecies, through the Bible code.
Decoding the Bible Code, the Pattern and the Prophecy

These are from 3 different sites. I really think you need to wake up and see, what you refuse to see.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 05:34:18 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 07:34:15 PM »

Phil in order for the bible codes, to be the work of god. They would have to be 100% right 100% of the time. With all the wrong Prophecy given, that shows signs of a false prophet. .

And...right on schedule Roll Eyes....here come another Christian claiming the Bible codes are prophecy, rather than Apologetics!

Did you even bother to read my last post? Huh

My friend. If you toned down the rhetoric and insulting attitude of your posts, perhaps you might make some friends here.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 07:48:52 PM »

Phil121,

You seem to me to be an intelligent individual so I am sure that you know the meaning of the word apologetics =

1 : systematic argumentative discourse in defense (as of a doctrine)
2 : a branch of theology devoted to the defense of the divine origin and authority of Christianity

When something has been proven without a doubt to be false then it can in no way be used to defend the divine origin and authority of Christianity. Instead it tends to be a disgrace to Christianity and tends to make more people disbelieve the word of God even more so than they already do.

The Bible code as been shown to work on other things such as the book of Moby Dick and the constitution also with the same results, false information. This code works in the manner that you can search for any group of words that you may choose and be able to find a match for all those words.

It is definitely false prophecies.

Phil121

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 08:16:24 PM »

Guess "it's time" to start a topic on the Bible Codes! Grin

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 03:20:16 AM »

Dear Phil:

Yeshua does not even know the day of of His 2nd Coming,but only the Father knows. It's like an old Hebrew wedding.Neither the Bride nor the Groom knew,but only the Groom's Father.There is more to it,but don't have space to write it down.  LOLOL

Yours in Yeshua,
                   curious
Phil121

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 10:24:32 PM »

The Bible Codes are NOT a tool for predicting the future, although they may have been placed by the Creator to give us a warning.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the