Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam  (Read 26077 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »

750,000 Christians caught in crossfire
Mideast war makes believers refugees while militant Islamists attack 'infidels'
Posted: August 9, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

An estimated 750,000 Christians have been ejected from their homes – and sometimes their own nations – as militant Islamists wage their war on infidels across the Mideast, according to several Christian refugee organizations.

In just recent weeks, more than 100,000 Lebanese who are Christian have been forced to flee the violence ravaging their homeland, according to the Barnabas Fund, a Christian group established in 1993 that channels aid to projects run by Christian nationals in more than 40 countries.

"On both sides of the conflict, Israel and Lebanon, the Christian community is caught in the crossfire," Carl Moeller, the president of Open Doors USA, the Bible-delivering ministry founded by Dutch missionary Brother Andrew in 1955, told WorldNetDaily.

Brother Andrew's story was portrayed in the book "God's Smuggler," which detailed his exploits of driving cars loaded with Bibles behind the Iron Curtain. After the book was published, much of his organization's work was moved to the Mideast, where projects have included the Gaza Baptist Church and Bethlehem Bible College.

"The current conflict in Lebanon has caused almost a quarter of the Lebanese population to relocate, some within their own country, others to Syria and Jordan," the Barnabas Fund said. Other displaced Christians have come from Syria, Jordan, Iraq and the West Bank, numbering up to 750,000 across the region, it said.

There have been about 50,000 Lebanese Christians who have fled to other parts of their own nation, 33,000 who have gone to Syria and another 30,000 who have fled to Jordan, the group said.

"In addition there were an estimated 80,000-100,000 Filipino, Sri Lankan and other 'third country nationals' working in south Lebanon, many of whom were Christians. It is believed that most have left," the Barnabas Fund said.

In recent weeks many Arab Israelis, including Christians, also have fled northern Israel, moving to the West Bank towns of Bethlehem and Jericho, Syria via Jordan and other locations.

The group also reported that large numbers of Iraqi Christians fled their country following the 1990-1991 Gulf War, and the 2003 conflict that deposed Saddam Hussein led to another surge of departures.

"The increasingly ferocious anti-Christian rhetoric and violence since then have ensured that the flow of Christians out of Iraq continues," the group's report said.

Iraq basically has a de facto civil war among the Shiite, Sunni and Kurd populations, and the Christians are faced with the stark choice, Moeller said.

"Do we try to maintain an existence in a society that's crumbling around us? Where do the Christians go?"

However, Moeller said God continues to do amazing things. In northern Iraq, a recent conference for Christian pastors drew 640 leaders, he said.

An estimated 190,000 Iraqi Christians have moved to Syria since 2003, settling mostly in Aleppo and Damascus, while another 195,000 have moved to Jordan, including 45,000 just this year.

The number of Iraqi Christians still in their homeland now total little more than 200,000, officials said, down from 1.5 million before 1990. And many of the 200,000 are displaced within their country, after fleeing Baghdad and southern parts of the nation.

Even after arriving in a new location, the refugees face further difficulties, with a ban in Jordan on Iraqi children studying in government schools, and some nations now refusing entry to refugees.

"Filipinos, for example, do not expect any help from the Filipino government, nor from the Lebanese families who formerly employed them as domestic servants," the Barnabas Fund said.

The biggest needs are shelter, food and clothing, as well as specific medical needs because of war injuries.

A report by Catholic News Service put the estimate for Christians leaving Iraq at about half.

In that report, Chaldean Catholic Auxiliary Bishop Andreos Abouna said of the 1.2 million Christians estimated to have been in the predominantly Shiite Muslim state, there remain only 600,000. Many have gone to Syria, Jordan and Turkey, he said.

There was no way to reconcile the differing estimates regarding the roughly 3 percent of the Iraqi population who are Christian. The rest are Shiite and Sunni Muslims, and in some locations those religious leaders have created a virtual Islamist religious compound where alcohol is banned and rigid Islamic dress codes are enforced, the report said.

United Nations sources also have reported that in Iraq Christians are experiencing increased discrimination in access to jobs and social services. More than one-third of those who have fled Iraq to Syria are Christians, though they make up only a small percentage of the population.

Christian shops legally selling CDs and videos also have been burned and looted and to date, the Barnabas Fund has sent an estimated $20,000 to help 100 Christian refugee families in Lebanon and another $10,000 to help those in Syria.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2006, 04:28:35 PM »

UK ExpoIslamia features
suicide-bombing advocate
Aim of 'Call to Humanity' convention: To present
Islam to Muslims, non-Muslims in clearest form

Today, thousands of UK Muslims are converging on the city of Manchester for ExpoIslamia – a convention that promises to present Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims in its clearest and most original form using artists, comedians and guest speakers, including one who has said that, if he had the chance, he would sacrifice himself as a suicide bomber in Israel.

The day-long event, bearing the theme – "A Call to Humanity," – is the fifth in a series of ExpoIslamia conventions held across the UK.

"Whilst a few espouse a 'Clash of Civilizations,' the vast majority who believe in the innate goodness of humanity need to raise their voice," the organizers say on their website.

Among the guest speakers are several imams, Muslim community activists and leaders of national Muslim organizations.

Mohammed Abdul Bari, Muslim Council of Britain secretary general, was one of the "moderate" signers of an open letter to Prime Minister Tony Blair last week that linked the thwarted terror plot to blow up airplanes over the Atlantic with British foreign policy positions in the Mideast.

A second speaker is Yvonne Ridley, a former British journalist who converted to Islam 30 months after being captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan. She also sits on the national council of Respect, a UK political party, and stood as a Respect candidate in the last general election.

"[Respect] is a Zionist-free party," she declared at a meeting earlier this year. "If there was any Zionism in the Respect Party, they would be hunted down and kicked out. We have no time for Zionists."

She criticized government support "towards that disgusting little watchdog of America that is festering in the Middle East" and promised that a Respect victory would mean the raising of the Palestinian flag in the UK.

Zakir Naik, 40, an Indian doctor, is also scheduled to address ExpoIslamia. Naik, a frequent lecturer, has reportedly declared that it is blasphemous for Muslims to wish Christians a Merry Christmas because doing so acknowledges Jesus as a son of God.

The most controversial speaker, by far, at today's conference is Azzam Tamimi, who has condemned unequivocally the London bombings of July 7, 2005, but who praises suicide bombers in Israel – even to the point of saying he would like to be one.

In 2004, while a guest on the BBC's "Hard Talk," Tamimi, who is director of the London-based Institute of Islamic Political Thought, was challenged over his praise of suicide bombers.

"Why, if it is so glorious and honourable to do this, why don't you do it?" asked the interviewer.

"If I have the opportunity I would do it," Tamimi, who was born in Hebron, answered. "If I can go to Palestine and sacrifice myself, I would do it.

"Why not? You see, sacrificing myself for Palestine is a noble cause. It is the straight way to pleasing my God and I would do it if I had the opportunity," he said.

A video of a recent street rally, following the outbreak of fighting between Hezbollah and Israel, shows Tamimi denouncing Israel.

"Anyone in the world ... must come together in order to eradicate this cancer from the body of humanity. ... We are ever grateful to the late imam Khomeni for starting this occasion. ... [Bush and Blair] are worried that this spoiled baby of theirs is about to be thrown out of this human body of ours. It's just a matter of time. You count my words. ... If they don't want peace, we have another language. We have another language and we have every right to use that language. And time will tell, and history will tell. Allah akbar!"

Organizers say ExpoIslamia is a multi-faith event with other religious groups invited to attend – but Manchester Jewish community leaders said they were not been invited, and other religious groups say they had not heard of the event.

"We appear not to have been invited," a spokeswoman for the Manchester Inter-Faith Forum told the Irish Examiner.

"It is certainly not anything that I or my community would want to be associated with," said Louis Rapaport, president of the Jewish Representative Council of Greater Manchester. "We are greatly suspicious of what their motives are. We have good relations with the Muslim community here. This is not going to lead to harmony."

Ahmed Khabir, spokesman for ExpoIslamia insisted that speakers would not be permitted to stray into extremist subjects.

"They are here to talk about specific issues. These are not our views or our principles," he said, despite the "Call to Humanity" website's promise that the convention's primary goal is to present Islam in its clearest, original form.

"If they start to talk about these things we will take them off the platform," he said.

Tamiri dismissed questions about his advocacy of suicide bombing.

"That is history. I have not decided what I am going to say," he said. "It is a free country. Are we in a dictatorship now? Let the government prosecute me.”

Yep a peaceful religion when even a "moderate" islamic, Mohammed Abdul Bari, supports the blowing up of airplanes and  Azzam Tamimi who praises suicide bombers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

Some information on CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations), a supposed group that claims to be in support of the U.S. Constitution.

*U.S. Senator Richard Durbin:  "[CAIR is] unusual in its extreme rhetoric and its associations
                                    with groups that are suspect"

*U.S. Senator Charles Schumer:  "we know [CAIR] has ties to terrorism"
                                                 "intimate links with Hamas"

From Sept. 2003 Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism,
Technology and Homeland Security

Since its founding in 1994, the Council on American-Islamic Relations and its employees have combined, conspired,
and agreed with third parties, including, but not limited to, the Islamic Association for Palestine (“IAP”), the
Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (“HLF”), the Global Relief Foundation (“GRF”), and foreign
nationals hostile to the interests of the United States, to provide material support to known terrorist organizations,
to advance the Hamas agenda, and to propagate radical Islam. The Council on American-Islamic Relations,
and certain of its officers, directors, and employees, have acted in support of, and in furtherance of, this conspiracy.

-- Points to Ponder --
CAIR Employees And Officials Support Terror

Senior CAIR employee Randall Todd Royer, a/k/a “Ismail” Royer, pled guilty and was sentenced to twenty years in prison
for participating in a network of militant jihadists centered in Northern Virginia.  He admitted to aiding and abetting three persons
who sought training in a terrorist camp in Pakistan for the purpose of waging jihad against American troops in Afghanistan.
Royer’s illegal actions occurred while he was employed with CAIR.

CAIR's Director of Community Relations, Bassem Khafagi , was arrested by the United States due to his ties with a
terror-financing front group.  Khafagi pled guilty to charges of visa and bank fraud, and agreed to be deported to Egypt.
Khafagi’s illegal actions occurred while he was employed by CAIR.

On December 18, 2002, Ghassan Elashi, founding board member of CAIR-Texas, a founder of the Holy Land Foundation,
and a brother-in-law of Musa Abu Marzook , was arrested by the United States and charged with, among other things,
making false statements on export declarations, dealing in the property of a designated terrorist organization, conspiracy
and money laundering.  Ghassan Elashi committed his crimes while working at CAIR, and was found Guilty.

CAIR Board Member Imam Siraj Wahaj, an un-indicted co-conspirator in the first World Trade Center bombing,
has called for replacing the American government with an Islamic caliphate, and warned that America will crumble
unless it accepts Islam.

Rabih Haddad served as a CAIR Fundraiser.  Haddad was co-founder of the Global Relief Foundation (“GRF”).
GRF was designated by the US Treasury Department for financing the Al Qaida and other terrorist organizations
and its assets were frozen by the US Government on December 14, 2001.

“Let there be no doubt that the Council on American-Islamic Relations
is a terrorist supporting front organization that is partially funded
by terrorists, and that CAIR wishes nothing more than the
implementation of Sharia law in America.”

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »

With the shape of the mideast right now....  I think it is a good idea to BUMP, this thread, back to the front page.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 01:58:15 AM »

Christianity by its nature is not compatible with any other religion. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). The Lord didn't say, “I am one way among many.”

During the tribulation hour, a global religious system will be established, and all the world's major religions will be united under the rule of the Antichrist. Right now, the devil is working hard to build a foundation to facilitate that eventual unity.

I maintain that Islam is itself incompatible with Christianity. Western liberal scholars do their best to promote the idea that Islam means peace and love, but they can't hide the vengeful and perverted teachings easily found in Islamic writings. The following is a list of quotes from the Koran and other Islamic holy books that clearly speak for themselves.

These suras clearly, tell the mockery and hate of islam towards Christians, Jews, and non-believers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They say, 'Accept the Jewish or the Christian faith and you shall be rightly guided.' Say, 'By no means! We believe in the faith of Abraham, the upright one. He was no idolater.'"  (Surah 2:135)

"The only true faith in God's sight is Islam." (Surah 3:19)

"Say, 'Obey Allah and the apostle.' If they give no heed, then truly, Allah does not love the unbelievers." (Surah 3:29)

"If you fear that you cannot treat orphans with fairness, then you may marry other women that seem good to you: two, three or four of them." (Surah 4:1)

"Try as you may, you cannot treat all your wives impartially." (Surah 4:3)

"Men take authority over women... As for those who are disobedient, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them." (Surah 4:34)

"Believers, do not approach your prayers when you are drunk, but wait till you can grasp the meaning of your words..." (Surah 4:43)

"Will they not ponder on the Koran? if it had not come from God, they could have surely found in it many contradictions." (Surah 4:82)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:104)

"They denied the truth and uttered a monstrous falsehood against Mary. they declared: 'We have put to death the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the apostle of God.' they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did...they did not slay him for certain. God lifted him up to him..." (Surah 4:157-158)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Unbelievers are those who say: 'God is one of three.' There is but one God. If they do not desist from so saying, those of them that disbelieve shall be sternly punished." (Surah 5:73)

"The God will say: 'Jesus, son of Mary, did you ever say to mankind 'Worship me and my mother as gods besides God?' 'Glory to You, 'he will answer, 'how could I ever say that to which I have no right?" (Surah 5:116)

"If you fear treachery from any of your allies, you may fairly retaliate by breaking off your treaty with them." (Surah 9:12)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:29)

"The Christians say: The Christ is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them." (Sura 9:30)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

"And say: All praise is due to Allah, WHO HAS NOT TAKEN A SON and WHO HAS NOT A PARTNER in the kingdom."(Sura 17.111)

"'How shall I bear a child,' she [Mary] answered, 'when I am a virgin...?' 'Such is the will of the Lord,' he replied. 'That is no difficult thing for Him...God forbid that He [God[ Himself should beget a son!...Those who say: 'The Lord of Mercy has begotten a son,' preach a monstrous falsehood..." (Surah 19:20-21, 29, 88-89)

"NEVER DID ALLAH TAKE TO HIMSELF A SON, and never was there with him any (other) god . . ." (Sura 23:91)

"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

"The Day of Resurrection will not arrive until the Moslems make war against the Jews and kill them, and until a Jew hiding behind a rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: 'Oh Moslem, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" (Sahih Bukhari 004.52.176)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 04:41:54 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

A great many have doubts, and those doubts are usually installed and fueled by liberals, most specifically secular humanists. I'm talking about news media and talking heads in our own countries. Those talking heads are empty.

I'll make a complete GUESS and say that doubts of any kind will be erased in less than a year. Much of the world will then KNOW many things, but the LOST won't understand their new-found wisdom and what it means. Those who belong to JESUS CHRIST will understand MUCH MORE. I think that we've already seen previews of the End Days of this AGE OF GRACE. There might be more previews or the actual unfolding of Bible Prophecy. No man knows, but the time is most obviously soon for anyone who studies Bible Prophecy.

The generation living RIGHT NOW is when the unfolding will begin.

All will be according to GOD'S Appointed Time, and no power will be able to slow or hasten it. Obviously, no power will be able to stop it.

The center stage for the End Days of this AGE OF GRACE were set thousands of years ago. Old Testament and New Testament Prophets gave details about what IS TO SOME. The GREATEST AND HIGHEST PROPHET, JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF gave details about what is to come during HIS FIRST COMING to Sacrifice Himself for the Salvation of those who would believe. HIS FIRST COMING was in the Greatest Love that could possibly be described, a love far above what mankind can describe.

The SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST will be in GREAT WRATH, THE RIGHTEOUS WRATH OF ALMIGHTY GOD. There will be a 7 year period of time prior to HIS SECOND COMING known as the Tribulation Period. The last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period is called the Great Tribulation. This will be a time of terror and horror like the world has never known.

I won't argue again about the timing of the RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. I'll simply say that I firmly believe the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be RAPTURED HOME with JESUS CHRIST prior to the Tribulation Period. I will simply say that the RAPTURE AND THE SECOND COMING are two completely separate and distinct - unique events. JESUS CHRIST RAPTURES HIS CHURCH in the GREATEST LOVE and HE doesn't come all the way down to the earth. HIS CHURCH IS CAUGHT UP (RAPTURED) to meet JESUS CHRIST in the AIR - Forever to remain with HIM.

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST is all the way down to the earth, and it will be in a GREAT AND HOLY WRATH - NOT LOVE!. Heavenly Hosts will follow JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF into battle. Israel and Jerusalem will be the center stage, exactly as described by Daniel and other Prophets. All who come against Israel will be destroyed, and much of the world will die. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF will defeat and lock away evil for final judgment at HIS Appointed Time. JESUS CHRIST will rule and reign over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1,000 years.

Here's a shock for many, including many Christians who have ignored portions of their Bibles or marked those portions of the Bible off as allegories or otherwise just spiritualized them. JESUS CHRIST is the Anointed King of Israel, and HE will claim HIS Throne. JESUS CHRIST is also the KING OF KINGS of a Heavenly Kingdom. The Nation of Israel will be restored and JESUS CHRIST will be their KING. This Throne has been HIS for thousands of years and it will NOT be denied HIM. In fact, the time will come when all will bow before HIM and NONE will deny HIM! "His own received him not..." at HIS FIRST COMING, but Israel WILL receive HIM at HIS SECOND COMING.

For Christians, we simply need to pray that GOD will give us the strength and guidance to do HIS Will until the last moment. We are NOT of this evil world - our Citizenship is in Heaven.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:45:41 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

I don't feel good after reading all that. So much hate and evil  Cry

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »

Islamic Terrorist Training Camp In New York

Situated within a dense forest at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains on the outskirts of Hancock, New York, Islamberg is not an ideal place for a summer vacation unless, of course, you are an exponent of the Jihad or a fan of Osama bin Laden.

The 70 acre complex is surrounded with "No trespassing" signs; the rocky terrain is infested with rattlesnakes; and the woods are home to black bears, coyotes, wolves, and a few bobcats.

Update on story: Blogger who posted CFP Islamberg story had life threatened, this story will be posted after this one.

Muslim LaneThe entrance to the community is at the bottom of a very steep hill that is difficult to navigate even on a bright sunny day in May. The road, dubbed Muslim Lane, is unpaved and marred by deep crevices that have been created by torrential downpours. On a wintry day, few, save those with all terrain vehicles, could venture forth from the remote encampment.
A sentry post has been established at the base of the hill.

The sentry, at the time of this visit, is an African American dressed in Islamic garb - - a skull cap, a prayer shawl, and a loose fitting shalwat kameez. He instructs us to turn around and leave. "Our community is not open to visitors," he says.

Behind the sentry and across a small stream stand dozens of inhabitants of the compound - - the men wearing skull caps and loose fitting tunics, the women in full burqa. They appear ready to deal with any unauthorized intruders.

The hillside is blighted by rusty trailers that appear to be without power or running water and a number of outhouses. The scent of raw sewage is in the air.

The place is even off limits to the local undertaker who says that he has delivered bodies to the complex but has never been granted entrance. "They come and take the bodies from my hearse. They won't allow me to get past the sentry post. They say that they want to prepare the bodies for burial. But I never get the bodies back. I don't know what's going on there but I don't think it's legal."

On the other side of the hill where few dare to go is a tiny village replete with a make-shift learning center (dubbed the "International Quranic Open University"); a trailer converted into a Laundromat; a small, green community center; a small and rather squalid grocery store; a newly constructed majid; over forty clapboard homes; and scores of additional trailers.

It is home to hundreds - - all in Islamic attire, and all African-Americans. Most drive late model SUVs with license plates from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, and Tennessee. The locals say that some work as tollbooth operators for the New York State Thruway, while others are employed at a credit card processing center that maintains confidential financial records.

While buzzing with activity during the week, the place becomes a virtual hive on weekends. The guest includes arrivals from the inner cities of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania and, occasionally, white-robed dignitaries in Ray-Bans from the Middle East.

Venturing into the complex last summer, Douglas Hagmann, an intrepid investigator and director of the Northeast Intelligence Service, came upon a military training area at the eastern perimeter of the property. The area was equipped with ropes hanging from tall trees, wooden fences for scaling, a make-shift obstacle course, and a firing range. Hagmann said that the range appeared to have been in regular use.

Islamberg is not as benign as a Buddhist monastery or a Carmelite convent. Nearly every weekend, neighbors hear sounds of gunfire. Some, including a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, have heard the bang of small explosives. None of the neighbors wished to be identified for fear of "retaliation." "We don't even dare to slow down when we drive by," one resident said. "They own the mountain and they know it and there is nothing we can do about it but move, and we can't even do that. Who wants to buy a property near that?"

Islamberg's Grocery StoreThe complex serves to scare the bejeesus out of the local residents. "If you go there, you better wear body armor," a customer at the Circle E Diner in Hancock said. "They have armed guards and if they shoot you, nobody will find your body."

At Cousins, a watering hole in nearby Deposit, a barfly, who didn't wish to be identified, said: "The place is dangerous. You can hear gunfire up there. I can't understand why the FBI won't shut it down."

Islamberg is a branch of Muslims of the Americas Inc., a tax-exempt organization formed in 1980 by Pakistani cleric Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, who refers to himself as "the sixth Sultan Ul Faqr," Gilani, has been directly linked by court documents to Jamaat ul-Fuqra or "community of the impoverished," an organization that seeks to "purify" Islam through violence.

Though primarily based in Lahore, Pakistan, Jamaat ul-Fuqra has operational headquarters in New York and openly recruits through various social service organizations in the U.S., including the prison system. Members live in hamaats or compounds, such as Islamberg, where they agree to abide by the laws of Jamaat ul-Fuqra, which are considered to be above local, state and federal authority. Additional hamaats have been established in Hyattsville, Maryland; Red House, Virginia; Falls Church, Virginia; Macon, Georgia; York, South Carolina; Dover, Tennessee; Buena Vista, Colorado; Talihina, Oklahoma; Tulare Country, California; Commerce, California; and Onalaska, Washington. Others are being built, including an expansive facility in Sherman, Pennsylvania.

Before becoming a citizen of Islamberg or any of the other Fuqra compounds, the recruits - - primarily inner city black men who became converts in prison - - are compelled to sign an oath that reads: "I shall always hear and obey, and whenever given the command, I shall readily fight for Allah's sake."

In the past, thousands of members of the U.S. branches of Jamaat ul-Fuqra traveled to Pakistan for paramilitary training, but encampments, such as Islamberg, are now capable of providing book-camp training so raw recruits are no longer required to travel abroad amidst the increased scrutiny of post 9/11.

Over the years, numerous members of Jamaat ul-Fuqra have been convicted in US courts of such crimes as conspiracy to commit murder, firebombing, gun smuggling, and workers' compensation fraud. Others remain leading suspects in criminal cases throughout the country, including ten unsolved assassinations and seventeen fire-bombings between 1979 and 1990.

The criminal charges against the group and the criminal convictions are not things of the past. In 2001, a resident of a California compound was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of a sheriff's deputy; another was charged with gun-smuggling' and twenty-four members of the Red House community were convicted of firearms violations.

By 2004 federal investigators uncovered evidence that linked both the DC "sniper killer" John Allen Muhammed and "Shoe Bomber" Richard Reid to the group and reports surfaced that Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl was captured and beheaded in the process of attempting to obtain an interview with Sheikh Gilani in Pakistan.

Even though Jamaat ul-Fuqra has been involved in terror attacks and sundry criminal activities, recruited thousands of members from federal and state penal systems, and appears to be operating paramilitary facilities for militant Muslims, it remains to be placed on the official US Terror Watch List. On the contrary, it continues to operate, flourish, and expand as a legitimate nonprofit, tax-deductible charity.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2007, 07:00:45 PM »

Blogger who posted CFP Islamberg story had life threatened

By Judi McLeod

"Dear Robert, Brigette and Paul (Williams),

"Were any of you threatened in any way, specifically for carrying the Islamberg story?" asked a blogger, who copied Canada Free Press (CFP) last night.

Robert is Robert Spencer, the director of Jihad Watch, a project of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and author of two New York Times bestsellers on Islamic Jihad.

Brigette is Brigette Gabriel, a Lebanese Christian and Middle East correspondent, who is Director of American Congress.

Islamberg not the only radical Muslim compound flourishing in North America

Paul Williams, prolific writer and author of the newly released Day of Islam, wrote a CFP cover story published May 11, detailing a radical Muslim paramilitary compound that flourishes in upper New York State.

The story, posted by Michael Savage and carried by dozens of blogs, including www.littlegreenfootballs.com, was virtually ignored by the mainstream media.

Someone didn't like the story and that someone threatened the life of U.S. war veteran and blogger Scott Grayban.

Grayban publishes blog.borgnet.us. in Spokane, Washington.

CFP receives thousands of emails from readers. The one from Grayban's blogger friend caught our immediate attention.

The blogger, whose name is being withheld by CFP, hoped flagging the Internet might protect Grayban's physical safety if someone publicized the two threats made on his life over the telephone.

That is the reason for this story.

Grayban received two phone calls on Sunday night from a foreigner, threatening his life.

"The caller used a hacked phone (or internet line) to disguise the location from which he was calling. (Please see jpeg of record/caller ID attached at bottom of page).

"The caller told Scott the precise street on which he lives, that he lives across from an auto shop, that he has a solar panel in his apartment window and the make of the car he drove to the mall on Saturday."

As the blogger pointed out, "These aren't details anyone could obtain from Google Earth."

Someone is following Scott Grayban in Washington State. Yet the local FBI office told him to call the police. The local police told him to call the FBI and his phone carrier (Vonage) said there's no way to trace the call.

There might be a way to trace the call with a court order, but it's unlikely that Grayban could ever get one.

Cold comfort for a man who's being stalked and threatened.

The blogger made the decision to "publicize this threat has occurred" and sent out an email to ask if anyone else who carried this story has also been threatened.

No one at CFP, who originally ran the Williams' story, has been threatened. The writer of this article was unable to reach Paul Williams at his Pennsylvania home at press time and is convinced that she would have heard from the author if he had been threatened.

Williams and Northeast Intelligence Director and private investigator Doug Hagmann, scouted out a Jihadist camp dubbed Islamberg, at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains on the outskirts of Hancock, New York, last summer.

"Islamberg is not an ideal place for a summer vacation unless, of course, you are an exponent of the Jihad or a fan of Osama bin Laden," Williams wrote in CFP on May 11, 2007.

Very few visitors come to Islamberg, where a sentry post has been established at the base of the hill.

"Islamberg is a branch of Muslims of the Americas Inc., a tax-exempt organization formed in 1980 by Pakistani cleric Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, who refers to himself as "the sixth Sultan Ul Faqr". Gilani has been directly linked by court documents to Jamaat u-Fuqra or "community of the impoverished", an organization that seeks to "purify" Islam through violence.

"Islamberg is not as benign as a Buddhist monastery or a Carmelite convent. Nearly every weekend, neighbors hear sounds of gunfire. Some, including a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, have heard the bang of small explosives. None of the neighbors wished to be identified for fear of "retaliation". "We don't even dare to slow down when we drive by", one resident said. "They own the mountain and they know it and there is nothing we can do about it but move, and we can't even do that. Who wants to buy a property near that?"

"Even though Jamaat ul-Fuqra has been involved in terror attacks and sundry criminal activities, recruited thousands of members from federal and state penal systems, and appears to be operating paramilitary facilities for militant Muslims, it remains to be placed on the official US Terror Watch List. On the contrary, it continues to operate, flourish and expand as a legitimate nonprofit, tax-deductible charity."

It seems that Williams and company raised a hornet's nest in their visit to Islamberg and some of the hornets went buzzing all the way to Spokane, Washington.

Meanwhile the blogger who tipped off CFP about the threats to Scott Grayban, emailed to say a report was finally taken by Spokane Washington police. The SPD report number is 07-132-368.

Let's hope that Grayban remains safe from harm.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »

The Muslim Brotherhood and the Copts
By Guest Contributor, Magdi Khalil

Many have recently wondered about the Copts’ evident concern over the Muslim Brotherhood’s victory of 88 seats in the last parliamentary elections in Egypt. Why, exactly, are the Copts so upset, and would they stand against democracy if it works in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Actually, the Copts are not the only ones to have serious misgivings about this latest development in Egypt’s political life; women, liberals, civil society supporters, leftists, and other advocates of democracy share the same sentiment. The champions of civil society are haunted by the nightmarish vision of a religious government, and it goes without saying that the Copts, as a religious minority, are particularly concerned about the Muslim Brotherhood’s agenda with regards to the creation of an Islamic state and Islamic nationalism.

In response to these concerns, the Muslim Brotherhood claims that it does not seek to establish a religious state, but rather a “civil state with an Islamic framework” or an “Islamic democracy.” However, I am challenging if there is any person out there who can pinpoint the exact definition of those ambiguous terms, give accurate details as to what an Islamic democracy entails, or what it means to have a civil state with an Islamic framework.

Most importantly, the Muslim Brotherhood’s history, actions, website statements and newspaper articles confirm the intent to establish a state that has a religious nature and not a civil one. To illustrate:

• Mustafa Mashour, the former supreme guide of the Muslim Brotherhood, was quoted as saying that “Whoever stands against the Muslim Brotherhood is also standing against God and His Prophet.” The implication here is that Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood are on an equal standing or are one and the same. The same feeling is reflected in the statement made by Hassan Hanafi: “What is so terrifying about the Muslim Brotherhood? The Western media is ruining their image in the same pattern it has been ruining the image of Islam and Muslims.” (Al-Arabi, No. 989)

• Essam Al Erian: “The Muslim Brotherhood believes that a comprehensive reform will not have the power to inspire real public participation unless it is resting on an Islamic foundation… We seek to build an Islamic civilization under an umbrella of faith in God and in the after-life, a civilization that would re-establish man’s psychological balance and restore his lost soul.” (Al-Hayat, 30 Nov 2005). I wonder who told Mr. Erian that our souls are lost, and who can possibly determine the meaning of loss and restoration?

• The current supreme guide, Mohammed Mahdi Akef, responded to the civil society advocates’ request for a constitutional amendment which would provide for a civil framework for the state by saying: “This is a futile and foolish request, and we will say no more about it, except to call on the people to protect their own faith.” His deputy, Mohammed Habib, commented by saying, “This request crosses a line that shouldn’t even be touched, because just touching it can trigger a civil war in Egypt.”

• A spectacle that needs no comments: Members of Egypt’s Parliament from the Muslim Brotherhood standing in line to kiss the hand of the supreme guide!

• Mustafa Mashour’s declaration: “For now we accept the principle of party plurality, but when we will have an Islamic rule we will either accept or reject this principle” (in Refaat Al-Said’s Against Islamization). The clear reference to an “Islamic rule,” or in other words, a “religious state,” is proof enough that our fears are well founded.

• Mohammed Mahdi Akef’s statement: “The public opinion is ruled by Shari’a. We should not forget that the Egyptian Constitution states that ‘the Islamic law is the principal source of legislation’” (Akher Saa, 20 Jul 2005).

• According to Mohammed Habib, even the separation of powers should be guided and inspired by the rules of Islamic Shari’a (Asharq Al-Awsat, 27 Nov 2005).

• The Muslim Brotherhood’s main slogan is “Islam is the Solution,” a mysterious slogan that excludes “infidels” such as the Christians and the Jews. The Brotherhood’s flag pictures two swords and the Qur’an and a Qur’anic verse which states: “Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies.” (Spoils of War Surah – El-Ghanaem: 60)

• Their proclaimed purpose is to “restore the Islamic Caliphate (Islamic political system and rule).Their former supreme guide, Mustafa Mashour, has frankly stated: “We will not give up our mission to restore the lost Islamic Caliphate.” (Asharq Al-Awsat, 9 Aug 2002)

• The professional syndicates in Egypt bear the mark of the Muslim Brotherhood’s intrusion. For example, the solemn Hippocratic Oath was replaced by a Muslim oath in the Physicians’ Syndicate; hard-earned Egyptian money is being donated to the “brothers” in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya and Kashmir; and the syndicates’ funds are wasted on Islamic projects that belong to the Muslim Brotherhood.

When it is so obvious that public affairs have been turned into “holy” affairs, and the debate revolves around religious credentials and how to best abide by Islam’s rule, it seems pointless to expect that their promised state would be a civil state.

When asked about the program of action for this alleged civil state, the Muslim Brotherhood usually refers to the reform initiative issued in March 2004 in the Journalists’ Syndicate, and which is posted on the Muslim Brotherhood’s website. A study of the initiative leads to the undeniable conclusion that this document is, in fact, a proposal for an Islamic state.

It plainly states: “Our mission is to implement a comprehensive reform in order to uphold God’s law which is good for both secular and religious affairs.” It goes on to state that “Our only hope, if we wish to achieve any type of progress, is to go back to our faith, and to apply the Shari’a,” clearly confirming “our mission is to build a Muslim individual, a Muslim family, a Muslim government, and an Islamic rule to lead other Islamic states.”

The document touches briefly on what we can expect if that mission is accomplished:

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »

- Regarding the media: “The media will be cleansed of anything that disagrees with the decrees of Islam.”

- Regarding the economy: “We believe in an economic system that is derived from Islam… usury should be outlawed as a source of funding.”

- Regarding politics: “The state should have a democratic system that is compatible with Islam, and within Islamic boundaries.”

- Regarding the social system: “The zakah (alms) institutions should be in charge of the distribution of income.”

- Regarding education: “To increase the number of kuttab (a rudimentary religious school) and nurseries, and the focus of education should be on learning the Qur’an by heart.”

- Regarding women: “Women should only hold the kind of posts that would preserve their virtue.”

- Regarding culture: “Our culture has to be derived from Islamic sources.” This would also impact television: “Improper drama and offensive TV shows should be banned.”

The notion of a civil state is nowhere to be found in the sole document offered by the Muslim Brotherhood.

I have yet to meet anyone who knows what Islamic democracy means. As Ragaa ben Salama says: “If we have no doubt that a Muslim can live within a democracy, and remain a practicing believer, can we say the same about democracy surviving an Islamic label? Democracy basically means the supremacy of the people, a rule by the people for the people, so can we call democrats those who opt for an Islamic state which, according to Rashid al-Ghanoushi, is ruled by the highest legislative authority issued by God, the Qur’an and Sunna (the Prophet’s traditions)?

How will we proceed in finding a middle ground between the Holy Texts and human rights principles, and do we have viable suggestions in that respect?
It seems that with that type of “democracy” we will only be trading one tyranny for another, to live under the rule of Shari’a is to experience the greatest level of tyranny, because every tiny detail in human life, whether public or private, is subject to the haram and halal (permissible and forbidden) rules (Middle East Transparent, 21 Dec 2004).

As we can see, the notion of a religious state is a scary one for all, particularly for the Copts, who have not, throughout the history of Islam, enjoyed equal treatment as full citizens while living under a religious Islamic state.

I have met Muslim Brotherhood leaders more than once in the course of television interviews, and it did not take me long to realize that we come from two different worlds and spoke different languages: our civil perspective versus their religious perspective. However, they have been strangely determined to force this delusion of a “common civil ground” on their audience by using a plethora of mysterious expressions and misleading theories. Needless to say, the “delusion” can only work until you discuss the details of their proposals, then their religious orientation will ultimately reveal itself.

The problem with the Muslim Brotherhood is that they are hard to pin down, with their elusive style, word play, taqiyya, contradictory statements, and double language. They are all-set to accommodate different clients: The West and Americans, the Copts, women, liberals, as well as Osama bin Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahiri. To this moment they refuse to condemn the writings of Said Kutb, the philosopher of terror and violence.

Meanwhile, the Copts have particular reasons to fear the Muslim Brotherhood:

First: The Muslim Brotherhood’s racist declarations against the Copts.

• A famous fatwa (a legal pronouncement in Islam) prohibited the construction of new churches in Egypt. The fatwa was published in Al-Dawaa magazine, which speaks for the Muslim Brotherhood, in December 1980, and was issued by Mohammed Al-Khatib who was, and still is, a member of the guidance council of the Muslim Brotherhood movement. Twenty-five years later, the Muslim Brotherhood still acknowledges the validity of this fatwa.

• Another outrageous fatwa issued by Mustafa Mashhour stated that: “Islamic law, Shari’a, is the principal point of reference (authority) for governance. Copts must pay the jizyah instead of joining the army, lest they ally themselves with the enemy, if that enemy happens to be a Christian country” (Al-Ahram Weekly 13 April 1997). A calculated change was later made by Mashhour, who still would not deny the validity of his statement. Recently, on 22 December 2005, Mohammed Akef used the same tactic to contain the angry responses to his statement about the holocaust being a “myth,” but he neither denied the statement nor offered an apology.

• In an interview with the newspaper Azzaman, Mohammed Habib said: “The Muslim Brotherhood rejects any constitution based on secular and civil laws, and as a consequence the Copts can not take on the form of a political entity in this country. When the movement will come to power, it will replace the current constitution with an Islamic one, according to which a non-Muslim will not be allowed to hold a senior post, whether in the state or the army, because this right should be exclusively granted to Muslims. If the Egyptians decide to elect a Copt for the presidential post, we will issue a protest against such an action, on the basis that this choice should be ours” (Azzaman 17 May 2005).

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »

On another occasion he stated that the Copts should submit to Islamic law like the rest of Egyptians” (Mona Al-Tahawi, Asharq Al-Awsat 18 Aug 2005). Later, when it became obvious that his statements provoked an angry reaction, he wrote an article in Asharq Al-Awsat where he stated: “We consider the Copts as citizens who are entitled to the full rights of citizenship, and consequently they have the full right to hold all sorts of public positions except for the presidential post.” (Asharq Al-Awsat, 27 Nov 2005)

The danger here lies in the reasoning behind such statements: the presidential post is considered welaya kobra (major governance) and in this case a non-Muslim is not allowed to govern a Muslim, which completely shatters the basic notion of citizenship. It is a given that a non-Muslim Egyptian will have serious obstacles to be elected president. But, the problem is if an obstacle is based on a religious rule advocated by the Muslim Brotherhood.

While Habib seems to be adjusting his original statement, he is in fact joining his fellows in making a tactical change, given that this principle applies not only to the presidential post but to all senior official posts, as previously mentioned by another Islamist, Dr. Neemat Ahmed Fouad: “Those who are making a big issue out of the fact that there are no Christian governors in Egypt forget that the governor is ruling his governorate on behalf of the president, who is Egypt’s ruler…the same logic and same criteria are applicable” (Al-Ahram, 4 Aug 1992).

This explains Milad Hanna’s prediction: “The Muslim Brotherhood will resort to taqiyya (deceit). They will claim that they believe in citizenship, but I know that the principle of their religious ideology has more power than the intentions of its followers” (Asharq Al-Awsat, 27 Nov 2005).

• In an interview with Sameh Fawzi in 1996, Mamoun Al-Hudaibi answered the question about whether the Copts were considered citizens or dhimmi by replying that they were both. When pressed for a specific answer, he clearly states: “They are dhimmi” (Al-Hayat, 30 Nov 2005).

Second: While the Muslim Brotherhood’s statements and declarations inspire concern, what they have left unsaid is as much a source of concern as what they actually said.

In the reform document, their only one to date, there was not even an allusion to the issue of citizenship, no specific details about other issues, and much general talk. For instance, in talking about their vision, Mohammed Habib says: “To have open and strong relations with the Arab and Islamic regimes, and to achieve a high level of cooperation in the economic, cultural, information and defense fields” (Asharq Al-Awsat, 27 Nov 2005). He avoided mentioning Egypt’s international relations, and its relation with Israel. They have followed that same pattern in dealing – or rather in not dealing – with critical issues, intent on hiding pertinent political and moral details.

Third: The Muslim Brotherhood’s discourse bears a religious and superior tone, with constant references to the “other”, often in a belittling and hurtful manner. Their frequent use of terms such as infidels, crusades, the triumph of the Islamic nation, and the armies of Muslims is guaranteed to antagonize Christians.
The discourse can turn downright hostile, as Hassan Al-Banna was quoted to literally say: “it is necessary to kill ahl el-ketab (Christians and Jews), and God will give a double recompense for those who fight them.” Al-Banna also tackled the issues of employment for non-Muslims in a haughty tone: “It is alright to employ non-Muslims, but only when it is necessary, and in posts that do not deal with matters of public governance” (Messages of Hassan Al-Banna, The Legitimate Printing, 1990, p. 280 & 394 – Samir Morkos, Middle East Transparent, 24 Dec 2005).

At best, the Muslim Brotherhood resorts to vague conciliatory statements such as the famous quote which states: “They (Christians) have the same rights as we do and the same duties as we do.” Yet, there is no way to reconcile the theory of peaceful coexistence on the basis of equality and citizenship and the prospect of a religious majority imposing its rules and perspective on the minority – in that case, we are no longer talking about a citizenship status but about dhimmi status.”

Fourth: The Muslim Brotherhood and their allies insist that the Coptic population amounts to only 6% of Egypt’s total population, in spite of a recent official declaration by Osama Al-Baz that the Copts constitute 12.5% of Egypt’s population, and despite the fact that other organizations have estimated the number of Copts to be 15 millions, i.e., 20% of the population. Meanwhile, the Muslim Brotherhood claims that the Shi’a amount to 30% of the total population of Iraq, while it is a well-known fact that they constitute 50-60% of the population (Mona Al-Tahawi, Asharq Al-Awsat, 8 Aug 2005). This purposeful twisting of numbers and percentages is a strategy used by the Muslim Brotherhood to deny the rights of their opponents, and on this point, they are worse in deceit compared to the current Egyptian regime.

Finally: Egyptian liberals, advocates of democracy, and the national movement strive towards the achievement of “national integration” for all elements of society, but the Muslim Brotherhood has in mind for the Copts a sort of “religious assimilation,” and there is a large difference between the two. Islamization is the first enemy of national integration, it pushes for the religious assimilation of the Coptic minority through a gradual desertion of their faith, or at the very least through a loss of their cultural and religious identity as it melts into the majority’s Islamic culture.

Evidently, Hassan Al-Banna and his followers have managed to sabotage the good work of the national movement. The Muslim Brotherhood is constantly praising the Copts who have accepted the idea of religious assimilation such as Rafik Habib, who promotes this idea among the Copts; Gamal Asaad, a candidate who adopted the slogan “Islam is the Solution” in his parliamentary campaign; and Hani Labib, who accepted a membership in the labor party under the same slogan, and whose books bear prefaces written by Islamic fundamentalists Tarek el-Beshri and Selim el-Awa. According to the Muslim Brotherhood, those Copts represent a commended Coptic ideal.

Throughout the history of Christianity, many martyrs have paid the price for resisting such religious assimilation, but none as much as the Copts.

The idea that religion should become the framework for the state is not acceptable to advocates of civil society in Egypt. It is not even open for debate or compromise. The Egyptians cannot be expected to live according to rules that are more than 1400 years old, and that are contradictory with those of modern civilization.

The Muslim Brotherhood is welcome to the political process if they share the values and principles of the modern world, but definitely Egyptians refuse to go back to those dark ages.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »

A Soft Jihad Grows in Brooklyn
by Aryeh Spero
Posted: 10/25/2007

In Brooklyn, New York, a public school named the Khalil Gibran International Academy (KGIA) has opened.  Its primary purpose -- demonstrated by its advisory board, its apparent curriculum and the lining of school walls with pictures of Arab figures and heroes, is to teach Arabic and Muslim language and culture and to inculcate the children with radical Islamic ideology.

One of the school’s more notorious public supporters is convicted cop-killer and former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal.  The school’s advisory board includes several imams, one of whom has displayed the Muslim Brotherhood slogan on his mosque’s website: “Jihad is our way, and death in the way of Allah is our promised end.”

A spokesperson for the school speaks not of the duties of American citizenship but the aspiration towards “global” citizenship.  Perhaps that is why this public school, unlike P.S. 132, calls itself an “international academy.”

Many New Yorkers are appalled that taxpayer money is being used to finance a public school whose purpose will likely advance the Islamic religion and Islamist ethnic identity.  Three local parents, two of whom are teachers, started a grassroots effort called Stop the Madrassa to question this inchoate madrassa disguised as a neutral public school.

Middle East scholar Daniel Pipes has written extensively about KGIA and other such schools now spreading across the country. On the opening day of school, Sept. 4, 2007, civil rights, religious and community leaders held a press conference on the steps of New York’s City Hall demanding answers from Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his Schools Chancellor, Joel Klein. From out of town came Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy, and attorney Brian Rooney of the Thomas More Law Center. That day, Citizens for American Values in Public Education was born, created to fight the problem of Islamization in schools across the country. 

Immediately a request was made of the Department of Education, under the Freedom of Information Act, as to the curriculum, teachers, lesson plans and textbooks of the school. This is not unusual given that schools --- for reasons of transparency and accreditation – must pre-publicize educational content prior to the school year. Indeed, many are wondering about the use of public money for an institution, such as this, with religious overtones. The response to these legitimate concerns is that those that are asking these questions must be “racists.”

For example, Mumia Abu-Jamal asserts: “Racist and right-wing groups and media outlets have demonized the school…”  Councilmember Leticia James talks of “anti-Arab racism …”   The New York Collective of Radical Educators, in its statement supporting KGIA,  called on “New York City to continue to be a voice in the struggle against anti-Arab/anti-Islamic prejudice…” Even Brooklyn’s Borough President, Democrat Marty Markowitz, labeled inquiry into the school “disgraceful, xenophobic, and racist.”

The intent of calling “racist” those who question the school’s goals and legitimacy is, no doubt, to silence critics of the school’s agenda. This attempt to silence Americans is very similar to CAIR’s lawsuit that was brought by Muslim organizations against citizens on an airplane who alerted flight attendants of the fear they felt witnessing highly erratic conduct by six belligerent and provocative imams on a plane.

What should be every American’s right to self-defense, or the right to inform appropriate authorities of  possible harm or danger, has now been characterized by a number of  Muslim organizations as “criminal” and, somehow, a “violation of civil rights“ worthy of civil suit. Fortunately, House Republican Steve Pearce introduced the Protecting Americans Fighting Terrorism Act of 2007, protecting citizens from lawsuits when simply informing authorities of possible danger. 

It appears that yet another strategy for silencing critics of radical Islam is emerging. It is alleging that critics of suspicious Muslim activities are guilty of “stalking,” “harassing,” or “assaulting.” This new mode of attack is, it seems, being hatched here in Brooklyn. Dhabah Almontaser, the school’s former principal, recently claimed that those non-Muslim community members who were critical of her stewardship at the school “stalked me wherever I went and verbally assaulted me with vicious anti-Arab and anti-Muslim comments.”

With her lawyer standing at her side at the press conference in which she made this claim, she sent a veiled threat of legal action against those who have criticized her.   As usual, those merely critical of policies are being defamed as “anti-Muslim” and “viciously anti-Arab.”  The fact is that, according to Citizens for American Values in Pubic Education and Stop the Madrassa, no one has followed Almontaser on the street or ever threatened her and there has been no personal harassment or stalking.

Ms. Almontaser knows this. Nonetheless, her hope, and the hope of her attorneys, is that concerned citizens in New York and elsewhere in the country will become intimidated by threats of prolonged and expensive lawsuits if they question alarming Muslim activity.

Almontaser resigned after a firestorm erupted regarding her support for some T-shirts emblazoned with the slogan “Intifada NYC” that were distributed by AWAAM, one of the organizations affiliated with her. When asked to separate herself from such obvious incitement to violence, she told the New York Post that the slogan merely referred to a “shaking off” and was a chance for young girls to express that they are “shaking off oppression." What “oppression,” she did not say. The Post reports that the co-founders of AWAAM, the distributors of the T-shirt are “active in the more militant pro-Palestinian group, al-Awda, whose main U.S. office is in California,” and that AWAAM is an active supporter of Hezbollah and Hamas.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »

In an interview with Amnesty International in Europe in January 2002, Almontaser stated that “I have realized that U.S. foreign policy is racist; in the ‘war against terror’ people of color are the target.” Such attitudes about our country raise legitimate concerns as to whether such a person should be a school principal of children for which the tax system is paying.

Most Americans, except for die-hard liberals and leftists, are prepared to fight the terrorism that we call the “hard jihad.”  The left, though, seems unwilling to fight the “soft jihad” assaulting our culture and way of life.  Many Americans who in the past were proud of that unique American penchant for being outspoken and truthful are now being cowed into silence by being called a racist when they are trying to protect themselves and the institutions they admire and love from deliberate damage and obliteration.

Those New Yorkers opposed to this school and those alarmed that such schools may spread across the country are not backing down and apparently will not be intimidated by legal threats. Citizens for American Values president Stuart Kaufman states, “We will not be silenced through threats of lawsuits or being falsely called names such as ‘racists’ and ‘haters’ and ‘bigots’ or other efforts to silence American citizens exercising their right to freedom of speech.”

In addition to the cop-killer, radical imams, and anti-Americans associated with
the school, Stop the Madrassa is also up against the usual multiculturalists who are pushing Islamic schools -- though they themselves are not Muslims -- as a further means to radically transform our culture and diminish the concept of Americanism historically taught in our public schools. The liberal left is a witting collaborator in the soft jihad that has already arrived on our shores and is moving westward, one that wishes to incrementally carve out Islamic principalities, and brazen influence, in our midst.

Mr. Spero is a radio talk show host, and president of Caucus for America.

A Soft Jihad Grows in Brooklyn

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »

I think our current reps who are not Christian are blinded by the devil and are walking into his trap. When they realize what they have done to our nation?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the