Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS YOUR BIBLE THE RIGHT ONE?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS YOUR BIBLE THE RIGHT ONE?  (Read 30587 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2003, 08:49:27 PM »

The point I have tried to make Petro is that you base these changes upon the transcripts/translations of the KJV.  The NIV and others disagree by changing those words.  You have neglected to address how they have remained true to the transcripts from which they were interrpreted.  You are either willingly or ignorantly unconcerned with this issue.  Nevermind the fact that the more numerous transcripts agree, and are those from which the other translations are derived.  The issue - as always - is whether or not those translations agree with the KJV and TR texts/transcripts.  Understand, when I say transcript, I am not referring to the translation, but that from which the translation has come.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2003, 03:35:56 AM »

If the KJV was good enough for Paul, its good enough for me and my family.

Brother Love Smiley

HAHAHAHAH  Grin

Although now I have the clincher on you.  I know beyond a shodow of a doubt you are the same person as A4C because he gave the exact same answer before.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2003, 03:38:10 AM »

The point I have tried to make Petro is that you base these changes upon the transcripts/translations of the KJV.  The NIV and others disagree by changing those words.  You have neglected to address how they have remained true to the transcripts from which they were interrpreted.  You are either willingly or ignorantly unconcerned with this issue.  Nevermind the fact that the more numerous transcripts agree, and are those from which the other translations are derived.  The issue - as always - is whether or not those translations agree with the KJV and TR texts/transcripts.  Understand, when I say transcript, I am not referring to the translation, but that from which the translation has come.

One of the best things I have yet to see you mention nor anyone else is that the "secondary"  Tongue Transcripts don't even agree with each other.  Let alone the fact some of them were picked out of a trashbin or more correctly "burn recptical".

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2003, 04:37:12 AM »

If the KJV was good enough for Paul, its good enough for me and my family.

Brother Love Smiley

HAHAHAHAH  Grin

Although now I have the clincher on you.  I know beyond a shodow of a doubt you are the same person as A4C because he gave the exact same answer before.

Old Saying among KJV Only Believers.

Nope Your wrong Brother, I am really John the Baptist Smiley

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 05:57:48 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2003, 05:42:13 AM »

One of the best things I have yet to see you mention nor anyone else is that the "secondary"   Transcripts don't even agree with each other.  Let alone the fact some of them were picked out of a trashbin or more correctly "burn recptical".

More than less of them do agree (as there are more of these), hence the leaving out of verses found only in the TR text families.  And who's burn receptical were they pulled out of?  Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2003, 01:18:36 AM »

A Roman catholic monastery there sir.  That's for anyone who didn't know.  I have a feeling AIA you know very well where they came from, you'd just like to brush this off else where as it isn't good for your "side".

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2003, 01:40:34 AM »

A Roman catholic monastery there sir.  That's for anyone who didn't know.  I have a feeling AIA you know very well where they came from, you'd just like to brush this off else where as it isn't good for your "side".

Yup!  I'm bein a little dickens here!  Grin  Seriously though, we attest great insight to the burners of these documents here, where it fits our viewpoint, yet condemn them on other areas there where it fits scripturally.  One problem: only one of those approaches is right!

ollie
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2003, 03:52:36 PM »

Does the Holy Spirit have anything to do wth it?
Does it prick your heart as the sword of the Holy Spirit to lead you to faith in Jesus Christ and to love one another and to have no other Gods but Jehovah?
 Does it produce the fruits of the Holy Spirit in you?
Does it cause you to be watchful for the Lord's return and ready?
 Does it cause you to do good unto evil?
 Does it admonish and exhort you daily to assemble with fellow saints for the purpose of edifying and building one another up in the Lord?
 Does it make you want to sing and pray and shout praises to God and thank Him for His gift through Jesus Christ?
 Does it make you want to be with God where there will be no more pain or tears, or death or evil or bad?
 Does it make you want to lift holy hands to God and thank Him for all your daily physical blessings needed to sustain this life and also for all spiritual blessings in Christ now and to come?
Does it fill you with the love of God so much that you want to share this love with others?

If the answer is yes, you have the right Bible!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 04:00:23 PM by ollie » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2003, 02:32:42 PM »

Does the Holy Spirit have anything to do wth it?
Does it prick your heart as the sword of the Holy Spirit to lead you to faith in Jesus Christ and to love one another and to have no other Gods but Jehovah?
 Does it produce the fruits of the Holy Spirit in you?
Does it cause you to be watchful for the Lord's return and ready?
 Does it cause you to do good unto evil?
 Does it admonish and exhort you daily to assemble with fellow saints for the purpose of edifying and building one another up in the Lord?
 Does it make you want to sing and pray and shout praises to God and thank Him for His gift through Jesus Christ?
 Does it make you want to be with God where there will be no more pain or tears, or death or evil or bad?
 Does it make you want to lift holy hands to God and thank Him for all your daily physical blessings needed to sustain this life and also for all spiritual blessings in Christ now and to come?
Does it fill you with the love of God so much that you want to share this love with others?

If the answer is yes, you have the right Bible!

Thats why I have the right B-I-B-L-E The K.J.V. Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2003, 01:18:27 AM »

Thats why I have the right B-I-B-L-E The K.J.V.  Grin

Strange, I feel the same way when I read my B-I-B-L-E.  The ESV... Grin

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2003, 03:41:28 PM »

Not strange for you Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2003, 10:11:37 AM »

Allinall,

Well blow me down..............  the ESV, is, of all the vernacular versions, the one which most closely, follows the KJV.

Interesting you defend the transcripts used to change the AV, found in the trash can at the monastery, to be inspired.

The monk that placed it there, was more honest than you, he  recognized this is the place where these needed to be filed.

If I would have been the fellow that found them, and went on to use them, I would never have mentioned the fact they were in the trash receptacle.

But there you go, the Holy Spirit, makes this little fact known for those who want to know what the truth of all this is.

Petro
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 10:13:20 AM by Petro » Logged

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2003, 12:01:42 AM »

Allinall,

Well blow me down..............  the ESV, is, of all the vernacular versions, the one which most closely, follows the KJV.

Interesting you defend the transcripts used to change the AV, found in the trash can at the monastery, to be inspired.

The monk that placed it there, was more honest than you, he  recognized this is the place where these needed to be filed.

If I would have been the fellow that found them, and went on to use them, I would never have mentioned the fact they were in the trash receptacle.

But there you go, the Holy Spirit, makes this little fact known for those who want to know what the truth of all this is.

Petro

The monk.  The Catholic monk.  The Catholic monk who practiced the doctrines of the Catholic church which holds that the word of God is the word of God because the Catholic church says so above the assertions made within the scriptures themselves; holds to baptismal/sacremental regeneration; holds to the veneration of the Virgin Mary...shall I go on?  These are the same folks who "recognized the place where these (transcripts) need to be filed?"  And you say my honesty is in question?  Tongue  

As for the ESV, I chose it due to its ecclectic nature my friend.  Ecclectic.  Means I like the KJV too!  

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2003, 04:12:11 AM »

<======KJV ONLY

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2003, 08:36:46 AM »

Oklahoma HowwwwwDEEE To All,

In case you are wondering, Oklahoma Howdy is talking fairly softly and in a normal tone of voice. The above is very loud, almost yelling, and is designed to say hello to everyone in the general area.  Grin

I use the KJV only for the following reasons:

1 - I'm convinced that it is accurate to the extent that I don't have to labor with the original Hebrew and Greek very often.

2 - I really don't enjoy trying to translate from the original Hebrew and Greek unless I am really confused or I have a question that requires confirmation from the original language.

3 - Many of the best study aids, dictionaries, commentaries, and topic notes are designed specifically for the KJV.

4 - I love the poetic quality of the words and writing in the KJV. The KJV flows and is beautiful in my opinion.

5 - I don't wish to worry about inaccurate or liberal translations. I'm certainly not interested at all in a politically correct or gender sensitive translation designed to make men happy and not step on toes. I'm not saying that all of the other translations do this, but I don't want to worry about this issue.

If you are saved and growing in Christ using a different translation, good for you. However, for me, I'll use the KJV.

In Christ.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the