Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IS YOUR BIBLE THE RIGHT ONE?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IS YOUR BIBLE THE RIGHT ONE?  (Read 30618 times)
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »

What happened to sleeker?
Raoooul

If G-d is true, then why do we ignore Him ?

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2005, 03:54:51 PM »

IS YOUR BIBLE THE RIGHT ONE? (Part 1)

"For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God..." (II Corinthians 2:17)

For over 350 years the Authorized Version, commonly known as the King James Bible, was used by the Body of Christ at large and confidently believed to be the Word of God. In the last 3 or 4 decades all this has changed.

Sorry, but i have to laugh at your post.  This is because i know the history of the bible in English.  Because before the "holy" bible was published at the command of king James, the heritic, there were other bibles read by ever English reader of the bible.
In fact, you may not realise this but neither the Pilgrims nor puritians would be caught dead with a KJV.  Why you might ask.  It is because the KJV has an unholy purpose.  King James was reading the reading the Geneva bible when he came accross the commentators words that stated that the rights of earthly kings were not divine, but had to answer to G-d.  When king James read these words he commanded that there should be a new translation, with no commentary, except what was necessary for the understanding of the text.

And before this all bibles had commentaries in their margins.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »

Raoooul Said,

Sorry, but i have to laugh at your post.  This is because i know the history of the bible in English.  Because before the "holy" bible was published at the command of king James, the heritic, there were other bibles read by ever English reader of the bible.
In fact, you may not realise this but neither the Pilgrims nor puritians would be caught dead with a KJV.  Why you might ask.  It is because the KJV has an unholy purpose.  King James was reading the reading the Geneva bible when he came accross the commentators words that stated that the rights of earthly kings were not divine, but had to answer to G-d.  When king James read these words he commanded that there should be a new translation, with no commentary, except what was necessary for the understanding of the text.

And before this all bibles had commentaries in their margins.

Raoooul,

So, which translation of the Holy Bible do you use, OR do you call the Koran your Bible?

joelkaki

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »

To those who defend the KJVO position:

Would you prefer to use your KJV or (if you knew Greek and Hebrew, which I don't know if you do or not) would you rather use the original languages?

Joel
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2005, 11:08:06 PM »

Brother Joel,

I don't claim KJV Only. I simply believe that the KJV is the most accurate translation in the English language. I won't mention them, but some of the newer translations butcher the Bible, make it politically correct, change many important messages into distortion, and eliminate many messages entirely.

I have studied with the ancient languages many times, and I still do from time to time. BUT, I'm horribly slow with it, dislike it, and don't do it unless I have a really good reason to. Multiply the study time for one Verse by at least 100 times, and you will know why I don't enjoy studies using solely the ancient languages. That's why I use the KJV as my primary study Bible. I have at least 40 other translations, including the ancient texts, but I don't use them very often.

There are some pretty good translations in English, other than the KJV. BUT, there are many newer translations that are horrible. I understand completely why some people like some of the newer translations. The most common comment is they have modern language and they are easier to read. For the better ones, some accuracy is lost, and it goes downhill from there.

If I was fluent in ALL of the ancient languages used, I would try studying only the ancient texts, but there are still problems with that. I don't have to worry about it since I haven't mastered English yet.   Cheesy   Further, I'm positive that I never will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Luke 2:11  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

jgarden

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2005, 07:29:52 PM »

"I further believe that Satan, counterfeiting every possible phase of God’s work he possibly can, will produce his counterfeit ecumenical Bible. It appears entirely possible that the NIV or a successor to it, founded upon it, may accomplish that objective. A false Christ will lead humanity into a false faith, based upon a false text acceptable to all, but with a distinctly evangelical face, in order to deceive the last holdout against the ‘New World Order’—the professing conservative ‘evangelical’ or fundamentalist Christian."

Some KJV supporters go as far as to give this version "divine status" and that all other interpretations are Satanic.  Presumably anyone who isn't a fundamentalist Christian and uses something other than the KJV, runs the risk of having a "false faith."

I characterize this as some Christians recreating God in their own "made in America" image.

jgarden
Bronzesnake
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2005, 12:16:45 AM »

"I further believe that Satan, counterfeiting every possible phase of God’s work he possibly can, will produce his counterfeit ecumenical Bible. It appears entirely possible that the NIV or a successor to it, founded upon it, may accomplish that objective. A false Christ will lead humanity into a false faith, based upon a false text acceptable to all, but with a distinctly evangelical face, in order to deceive the last holdout against the ‘New World Order’—the professing conservative ‘evangelical’ or fundamentalist Christian."

Some KJV supporters go as far as to give this version "divine status" and that all other interpretations are Satanic.  Presumably anyone who isn't a fundamentalist Christian and uses something other than the KJV, runs the risk of having a "false faith."

I characterize this as some Christians recreating God in their own "made in America" image.

You make a lot of grandiose statements with absolutely no examples of even a single "satanic" interpretations or false additions which you claim can be found in KJV and or NIV.

Unless you're just blowing off hot air, I trust you have examples ready to go...right? or are you recreating God in your own "made in your mind" image?

Bronzesnake
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2005, 03:39:22 AM »

Is this Bible OK?
It's the 1611 KJ Bible.
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God diuided the light from the darkenesse.
Gen 1:5  And God called the light, Day, and the darknesse he called Night: and the euening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:6  And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters: and let it diuide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7  And God made the firmament; and diuided the waters, which were vnder the firmament, from the waters, which were aboue the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8  And God called the firmament, Heauen: and the euening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9  And God said, Let the waters vnder the heauen be gathered together vnto one place, and let the dry land appeare: and it was so.
Gen 1:10  And God called the drie land, Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called hee, Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11  And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12  And the earth brought foorth grasse, and herbe yeelding seed after his kinde, and the tree yeelding fruit, whose seed was in it selfe, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13  And the euening and the morning were the third day.
Gen 1:14  And God said, Let there bee lights in the firmament of the heauen, to diuide the day from the night: and let them be for signes and for seasons, and for dayes and yeeres.
Gen 1:15  And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16  And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the starres also.
Gen 1:17  And God set them in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth:
Gen 1:18  And to rule ouer the day, and ouer the night, and to diuide the light from the darkenesse: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19  And the euening and the morning were the fourth day.
Gen 1:20  And God said, Let the waters bring foorth aboundantly the mouing creature that hath life, and foule that may flie aboue the earth in the open firmament of heauen.
Gen 1:21  And God created great whales, and euery liuing creature that moueth, which the waters brought forth aboundantly after their kinde, and euery winged foule after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:22  And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and fill the waters in the Seas, and let foule multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23  And the euening and the morning were the fift day.
Gen 1:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the liuing creature after his kinde, cattell, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kinde: and it was so.
Gen 1:25  And God made the beast of the earth after his kinde, and cattell after their kinde, and euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his owne Image, in the Image of God created hee him; male and female created hee them.
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said vnto them, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer euery liuing thing that mooueth vpon the earth.
Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I haue giuen you euery herbe bearing seede, which is vpon the face of all the earth, and euery tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yeelding seed, to you it shall be for meat:
Gen 1:30  And to euery beast of the earth, and to euery foule of the aire, and to euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, wherein there is life, I haue giuen euery greene herbe for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31  And God saw euery thing that hee had made: and behold, it was very good. And the euening and the morning were the sixth day.

If not, Why not?
If so, Why so?
Why was it later changed?

asaph

Corpus
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2005, 04:20:41 PM »

asaph,

I cee no Probleme with the uerses youue cyted?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2005, 04:30:48 PM »

And evry won sade A Man!   Grin

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the