Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Brand new and skiddish
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brand new and skiddish  (Read 1950 times)
lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:28:02 PM »

Sad :'(I am a 42 year old wife,nother,homemaker.
I'm here for emotional support. Some very mean
folks from several diet forums battered me emotionally,
so badly,I've been crying for the last 3 days. They
made sport of me,my diet plan,my addictions,and
my compulsive behavior. They made me feel like a
freak. They cursed me and laughed at me. One of
those diet forums blacklisted me. All I was doing
gathering useful info on dieting and asking for
support. I tried to make friend,but they all spurned
me and pegged me a weirdo. I'm hoping things will
be different here. I'm lonely and need friends and
acceptance.
lolligirl63
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 01:38:35 PM »

Sad :'(I am a 42 year old wife,nother,homemaker.
I'm here for emotional support. Some very mean
folks from several diet forums battered me emotionally,
so badly,I've been crying for the last 3 days. They
made sport of me,my diet plan,my addictions,and
my compulsive behavior. They made me feel like a
freak. They cursed me and laughed at me. One of
those diet forums blacklisted me. All I was doing
gathering useful info on dieting and asking for
support. I tried to make friend,but they all spurned
me and pegged me a weirdo. I'm hoping things will
be different here. I'm lonely and need friends and
acceptance.
lolligirl63

Hi lolli,

The first thing I gotta ask is have you made Jesus your Lord and Saviour?

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 01:44:05 PM »

lolligirl63 hello, and welcome to Christians Unite forums. Theres a bunch of great Christians here. Hopefully we can make you aware, of Jesus Christ, in your life. Our Lord, and Savior can make a difference, in your life.  I'm sure that emotional support, we can give you. You will be hearing, about God as well. As the Lord, can help you in ways no other can.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Genesis 50:21 Now therefore, do not be afraid. I will provide for and support you and your little ones. And he comforted them [imparting cheer, hope, strength] and spoke to their hearts [kindly].

lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »

I've been backslidden for years now. I like to come back to
God and get to know Jesus again,but I'm scared. My
christian experience all those years ago was anything but pleasant.
lolligirl63 Undecided Sad
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 02:27:19 PM »

Hi Lolli, Welcome to Christians Unite. There are many sweet Christians here. Fellowship with other Christians is always a help in our growth with Jesus. Jump in and join us, feel free to ask questions. There is even a few here that are pretty knowledgeable on dietary information. Look around and feel free to ask questions.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:16 PM »

Right now I struggling to get beyond what those
ladiies did to me on those diet forums. I've been
emotionally traumatized. I've stopped eating and I'm
always crying. I've lost interest in the things I used
to enjoy. I don't know how to rise above this.
lolligirl63 Cry
lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 03:24:04 PM »

I'll visit that site soon as I get back from picking my kids up from school. Thanks so much.
lolli Cool Grin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 03:29:58 PM »

lolli,

The thing to remember is that people that do such things are not walking in the path of Jesus. Those sort of people usually have to tear someone else down to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Be confident in who you are and know that God loves you and wants you. Just remember you are loved and wanted. There are many fine Christians here that do care and will agree with me I am sure.

In Christ

Roger

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 04:35:46 PM »

Thanks for all the kindness and wonderful advice.
I'm feeling lots better now.
Lolli Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 07:37:39 PM »

I've been backslidden for years now. I like to come back to
God and get to know Jesus again,but I'm scared. My
christian experience all those years ago was anything but pleasant.
lolligirl63 Undecided Sad

OK lolli. Let's take care of the spiritual side of things first.

To right your relationship with God is easy. All you do is confess to Him that you've backslidden and fallen away from Him. Then you ask for forgiveness by the blood of the Lamb. Then you receive His forgiveness by believing His Word which say he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. And by believing, this means you now FORGET all that past because he will throw ALL your backslidden sins into the sea of forgetfulness.

The next step is to begin to increase your faith. How? By reading the Word of God, the Bible, every day. Set aside a time slot that you know you can get away by yourself for about an hour, and COMMIT to it. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Since you will probably need to feed on the milk of the Word, I recommend this devotional regiment:
Read Matthew, then Mark, then Luke, then John 4 times. Just read what you can in your alotted time slot. Stop and take the time to think about what you're reading. If something seems to jump out at you, (even if you've only read 1 verse), stop and ponder on that. Meditate on it. This will be the Holy Spirit guiding you.

Then, after 4 repetitions of reading the "Gospels", read just the Gospel of John 10 times. Why? Because John is a little different revelation than the others. It reveals much more about the person of Jesus Christ. There's more depth in conversations and details of events. The reality of Jesus, and who He is is more prevalent. Absorb this book like a human sponge.

Next, you need to spend a considerable time in the Epistles. These are the letters written to the churches by the apostles Paul, Peter, James, John, and Jude. Luke also wrote the book of Acts.

Also, you need to spend time in prayer with God every day. This is NOT anything formal. It is basically talking to God. That doesn't exclude that you CAN do a formal prayer, whereby you plan beforehand what you will talk to our heavenly Father about.

Then, seek out a church that preaches Jesus Christ crucifed, died and went to hell, rose from the dead, and ascended to the right hand of the Father on high. He is the everlasting Lord, the Prince of peace. our Lord and Saviour. I would mention that once you find a church that preaches this, do NOT automatically make it your church home. Check out others also. The deciding factor you need to look for is whether or not there is true Godly love in operation. Here is Paul's definition of love from 1 Corinthians, chapter 13, verses 4 to 8:

4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

5It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

6It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

8Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([a]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].
(Amplified version)

Use this measuring stick to guide you.

The last thing I would like to mention is that there appears to be a lot of fear in you right now. Recognize that fear is not of God, for He has not given us a spirit of fear, but rather of love, power, and a sound mind. You need to fight this spirit of fear because it is our enemy, Satan, seeking to destroy you. And you have authority over him, for greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. The greater One lives in you!!!

And one more last thing, come back here often. I too have battled weight problems, but have also found the answer from God. We should talk about this in one of the other forums though, so that other may be blessed also.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
lolligirl63

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 07:45:30 PM »

Wow,that's overwhelming. I'm not ready for all that.
 It frightens me. No offense.
 Lolli Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 01:30:18 AM »

Hello Lolligirl63,

WELCOME!!! from one of the resident grandpas. What we look like on the outside isn't nearly as important as what's in our heart. I say AMEN! to the advice that ZakDar gave you. You don't have to do everything at once, but starting will help renew your strength in JESUS.

I look forward to our fellowship and hope you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:12-17 ASV  Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering;  forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye:  and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness.  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts unto God.  And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »

Hi Lolligirl63,

Welcome to CU.  Sorry to hear about your problems on the other site.  Stay here with us for awhile.  Oh, your handle, it reminds me of a very old secular song....Lollipop, lollipop, oh lollie, lollie, lollie....................lolliepop. Wink

I see you've already gotten some good advice so I won't add anymore.

Grace and peace,
cris

Music4Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 11:08:32 PM »

Hello Lolligirl!

It's good to have you here with us.  I'm sorry to hear you've had some bad experiences.  I wish I could give you a big hug right now.  I will be praying for you, and I hope that you will stay here at Christians Unite!

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. Hebrews 11:1
   The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »

Hi,

Welcome.   Smiley

May you know the greater love given to us by God if not already. It would seem you are having a lack of it now and some rough experiences. I am praying for you.

ollie  

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the