Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 3269 times)
LanceA

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2003, 06:13:35 PM »

Hi everyone.  I am new to this forum.  I guess I'll give you an idea of who I am and where I come from.  I am in the military and will be getting out very soon.  I was raised a christian with the Assembly of God in Montana.  Since I've been in the military I have been off and on with my faith and for the last 6 years have fallen into paganism, specifically Druidry.  I have been struggling with what I believe religiously and it is a daily battle for me.  Many of my friends are Wiccan/Pagan and know things they do are wrong and I have been able to now stay away from most the  pagan activities they do.  I have been studying the Bible again and trying very hard to understand christianity once more.  I have no christian friends to talk with so I search for friends on forums like this.  I have not been to a Church in years and find it difficult to step into one.  I also find it difficult to pray and talk with Jesus even though I know it is something I need to do.  The only thing I seem to be able to do is study and take classes with Global University.  I'm not sure what it is exactly that is holding me back.  Sometimes I feel I have sinned against the Holy Spirit and not sure if I even able to serve the Lord again.  Then again I'm not sure exactly what the unforgiveable sin might be.  Maybe someone can explain this to me.  I know what I need to do to be a Christian and what the Lord wants from me I just can't seem to take that step towards it.  

Hope this all makes sense to you all and thanks for this forum.

Lance
ollie
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 06:30:48 PM »

A big welcome to you!

Perhaps, and we can pray it does, that some word given here, (hopefully of God), in kindness and gentleness will help you and perhaps some of your thoughts will be of edification and encouragement to us.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 09:42:04 PM »

What branch of the military are the with? Just a few years ago, they where raising cane in Ft. Hood because the Chaplin’s where letting the Wiccan’s start there section of the Chaplin’s Corp. Has the movement within the Army gotten any stronger?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
LanceA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 10:56:36 PM »

I am with the Army.  And yes the Pagan/Wiccan movement is growing in the military.  I actually helped start the one here on Schofield Barracks.  Pretty much every post that I can think of has some sort of pagan group on it.  Sacred Well out of Texas is sponsoring the majority of the groups.  I know the one here is getting religious items purchased through government funds just like any other religious organization.

Lance
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 11:19:49 PM »

That is bad :-( Man. And the Chaplins still arn't putting up a fight about it? Still letting it go on?  Angry What a shame.

On a lighter note, what do you do in the army? What corp are you with? My Father was a CRNA, and he spent 9 years in the Navy, 12 in the Army, with 3 years in JSOC while in the Army.

LanceA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 11:56:01 PM »

Well it is all religious freedom.  They are trying to get a Wiccan Chaplain in the Army.  The airforce already has one.  Wicca is a recognized religion in the military now.

I am in the Infantry.  I get out in less then a month.  From there i'm not really sure what I"m going to be doing with my life.

Lance
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 01:15:48 PM »

Yes. But I beleive they could argue that Paganism is more a collection of Supersitions then a true Religon. The Right winger that run the Army would support them, I think. I'm not surprised about the (ch)Air force haven't a chaplin. I have a friend in there, the they are mostly Hippies and Nerds from what he says. He recalls he's Friday night games of M:TG with the Chaplins in the Church. lol

LanceA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 06:40:14 PM »

Yea a lot of paganism is superstition, but it is mostly people trying to bring back some sort of history to what they believe is apart of them.  Most pagans live in an altered state and a dream world.  Always meditating and trying to bring up some sort of lost magic.  It is one of the fastest growing spiritual beliefs in america now.  Majority of them are very anti christian and believe it or not a lot of them have a very strong knowledge of the Bible.  I was one of them and would easily twist the scripture to get my point across to a christian.  I should probably bring this topic to another forum.  Still trying to read through everything first and see if anyone is interested in it.  

Lance
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 07:34:48 PM »

Yeah, I used to work for a Ren Faire, we get a lot of the same kinds of loons. The "fantasy" genre was a Christian creation, with The Inklings. Before then, Beowulf and Camelot was all there was. It is a shame how Satan has twisted a Christian brainchild, and made a new, anti-Christian belief system (using the word "system" loosely) out of it. Thank God the Owner of my Ren Faire believed in Historical Accuracy ,and frowned upon the cast takes part in such things.  But it was still their, with the playtrons and patrons. Nut jobs, many of them. Others just do it to annoy Christians. If I may ask, what made you choose Paganism?

Yeah, we should start a topic in Theology...

LanceA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 10:40:33 PM »

What made me become a pagan?  Well lets see.  My excuses were the typical ones.  I loved nature so wanted something that got me closer to it.  I never really had a mother and the thought of a Goddess was really refreshing to me.  I was always interested in the supernatural, as in doing things with energy, manipulating it and such.  I had my period of disagreeing with christianity.  Questioning it and finding ways to disprove it.  Paganism is kinda like candy.  It looks sweet and even tastes sweet.  But in the end you will get sick from having to much of it.  Paganism seems very innocent and something that isn't evil.  It doesn't preach evil and even preaches they don't believe in a Devil.  I would have to agree with both of those beliefs.  Everything about it is meant for good and to not harm others.  What they don't realize is they are harming themselves.  Satan has filled pagans with all these little lies they believe to be truths.  If you actually look into a Coven or some sort of pagan group you will see that the life style of most is very interesting but dangerous.  When I first started I was all about nature and finding ways to heal the Earth.  I studied and studied about my celtic ancestors and the way they worshipped.  Paganism draws you in this way.  Then it preaches about how the christians persecuted the older religions.  How Christians killed preople who weren't Christian (Burning Times).  Then after awhile you will get into the ritual and casting of circles and honoring the sabbats.  It is all a build up to draw you into the real purpose of it.  After awhile you will even find some pagan groups saying you can be pagan and a christian.  Our group here in hawaii started to have little parties after our meetings where you drink, play games and pretty much strip down and run around naked.  Other things would happen as well.  Pagansim preaches freedom to be how you are as long as you don't hurt anyone in the process.  

Sorry this was so long and if it needs to be moved to another thread i'll understand.  One thing is if you are a christian you need to be knowledgeable in the lies of Satan.  Some just sit back and say, "the bible is all i need to read".  Satan knows our world and how we are even better then we do.  We need to know his as well.  You need to know your enemy to fight him.  I fell into pagansim also because a friend asked me to do research on it.  That was the first step.  I'm not saying to join a coven or go watch pagans do things.  You do need to research what you are getting into.  If you aren't prepared Satan will draw you in before you ever knew what happened.  And the largest group right now that is into pagansim is between the ages of 14-30.  You need to teach your kids what to look for.  With the imagination kids have with all the movies these days Pagansim would be ideal for them to experiment with.  I will stop at that.

Lance
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2003, 11:44:58 PM »

nah, keep talking. It is interesting. Yeah, a common mistake is that they worship Satan. Satanists are a whole other group people.  It is that kind of confusion that really hurts the Christian witness.  Sad

LanceA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 01:55:50 PM »

Just went to a meeting lastnight with my friends that are Wiccan.  The organization Sacred Well is almost ready to have have a college course accredited so they can start putting Wiccan Chaplains in the military.  They are going to have their own Seminary here in the states.  That kinda gives you an idea of how big this is becoming.  This might take a few years but it is going to happen.  Right now you can become a Wiccan Chaplain just have to go to another religions seminary.  This one Sacred Well is going to create will give you the same classes others do but the focus will be on Wicca.  

Lance
ollie
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 03:17:21 PM »

May I suggest that you move this discussion on wicca to a newly created thread, perhaps in "You Name It", or "General Discussion".

Then this thread will be free for all to welcome Lance

Thanks,     Smiley
Ollie
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 03:23:52 PM by ollie » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 09:58:47 AM »

Welcome, Lance.   You would have a lot to offer here.  

"Broken" here is a pretty devoted Pagan.  We've had a few others.  She was careful tho to distinguish herself from wiccans, I believe.  She was on for some months, before and after the Crash here last March.  

Apostle Paul said:

"I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among you own selves will arise men speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.  Therefore be alert..."  (Acts 20:29-31a).

Symphony:   Little of it is "fierce" yet.  But those Christians who hold fast the central truths of Jesus, will increasingly become targets, as these and many other trends(politics, economics, morals(or im-morals) gain momentum.  Many of "Christian" elements, so-called, are gradually being dilluted, compromised, or otherwise neutralized.  Many of the organized churches, it would seem, are gradually being "transformed"(the Catholic church with gay revelations and prosecutions while at the very same time, the Episcopal church appealing for openly gay clergy).

It's all about glorifying the true King, King Jesus, and the world being subjected in futility to bring that ultimate goal about.  In Ezekiel, "...and they shall know that I am the Lord..." is repeated more than some 55 times.  And His "sheep" may have to suffer as a part of that utltimate glory to the King.  "Precious in the eyes of the Lord, is the death of his saints".   Christians, or, that is, genuine Christians, are literally those with a big red and white target painted on their backs.  It shouldn't be too difficult to spot them on the firing range.  So a "separating out" is coming and already is underway, of which these movements--one or more of which you are mentioning from personal experience--will probably be playing a significant part.  In it's final "revelation", it's probably not going to be very pleasant, as the trends of criminal violence and rage across our land seem to be demonstrating now.  But the "christians" are not w/o their blame; I've been speaking out on the gay thing ever since Clinton announced his don't ask thing in '92, in the village where I live--regularly--and virutally no one says a thing--the teachers I grew up with, former classmates, current magistrates, clergy--of which there are several dozen very active churches--hardly anyone raises so much as a whimper--publicly, that is.  Arguably, the "christians" have it coming, so as to speak.  But in God's view, scripture would seem to suggest it's all just a weeding out process.  After all, when shelling pecans for a delicious pecan pie, you don't want any hulls in there.  It's particularly noisome.  So, God only wants his own, those who "know his voice".

The temptations to be led away, astray, are many though.  With mass-media what it is today, it is difficult to escape for long the tenticles of this world.  If you're married, just try going on a weekend fishing trip w/o taking your cell phone with you(hehe).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the