Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Changing Churches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing Churches  (Read 1413 times)
Simshi

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2005, 02:30:46 AM »

Hi guys,

This sister in our church wants to leave and join another church. Please tell me how you would respond to her. Below are the facts.

(1) She has been attending this church for a few years now.
(2) She is in the choir, fellowship leadership among other ministries.
(3) Her main reason for changing churches is that with the new church, she can work on Sundays.
(4) Her reason is she is broke and need money, and MUST work Sunday. (btw, she owns 2 houses, drives a nice car and have at least $30,000 in her bank)
(5) We guess her actual reason is (i) to hide her past - new church won't know her past. (ii) she loves attention - new church treating her as newcomer.

I've told her changing churches is not a bad thing, however doing it for the wrong reasons is. She wants to attend a church without the responsibility. Other people have expressed disagreement to her choice, however she wouldn't listen. She has become a stumbling block for many other people.

What would you say?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 03:45:11 AM »

Hi guys,

This sister in our church wants to leave and join another church. Please tell me how you would respond to her. Below are the facts.

(3) Her main reason for changing churches is that with the new church, she can work on Sundays.
(4) Her reason is she is broke and need money, and MUST work Sunday. (btw, she owns 2 houses, drives a nice car and have at least $30,000 in her bank)
(5) We guess her actual reason is (i) to hide her past - new church won't know her past. (ii) she loves attention - new church treating her as newcomer.

I've told her changing churches is not a bad thing, however doing it for the wrong reasons is. She wants to attend a church without the responsibility. Other people have expressed disagreement to her choice, however she wouldn't listen. She has become a stumbling block for many other people.

What would you say?

First of all, welcome to C.U. my friend.

Sometimes people who have money are the ones who are deepest in debt. If she was my friend I'd stay out of her personal business unless she asked for my help.

It's ok for people to change churches. Perhaps she's not getting what she needs there, and doesn't want to hurt feelings by saying as much.

Bottom line is, she's still going to attend church.

Hope this helps my friend.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 10:50:43 AM »

People who are driven by money and social status, if that is truly the case, are going to do what they deem most important for themselves. You stated that she has become a stumbling block for many people. I would give her my blessings and my prayers. To do anything other than that would be putting a stumbling block in her path and creating more needless strife in the church.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 08:24:16 PM »

Hi guys,

What would you say?
MUch of this seems gossip and backbiting, Especially #4 and #5.

ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the