Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What about Zim..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What about Zim..  (Read 1596 times)
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2005, 07:13:20 AM »

I have read lots of posts about other countries and terrorism. I can't understand why no-one has yet opened the topic of Zimbabwe.
In the last year everything was done to invite the world to intervene, but no-one is lifting a finger. Even the clean-up (clean out is more like it,) did not move even one country. Neither did the fact that the same peolpe who took shelter inside churches were arrested and the rest send fleeing.
People are loosing their homes and livelyhoods and in the cold, their lives. There is not enough food or even enough fuel at the airport.
Might the fact that Zim do not have oil, diamonds or gold have anything to do with it?
Does that mean the world may close their ears to the desperate cries from the people of Zimbabwe?
Just a thought.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:25:54 AM »

ForHisGlory,

You make an excellent point. They don't represent a threat to anyone but themselves. The human conditions are terrible, and I really don't know he extent of what Christians around the world have attempted to do there. I do know that much of the help and aid sent was misdirected by corrupt leaders in the country. I don't know how the aid could get to the intended without a very strong military force and probably fighting another war to do it. I'm sure there are many who know much more about this human catastrophe than I do.

My young niece and her husband are to be missionaries within the next coming months, and that is one of the locations they are considering. I might add that the life expectancy for those who go to help is not very good. The life expectancy for the country was 40 in a recent study that I read. It is probably worse now.

One of our members of the forum lives in South Africa - TwoBombs. He would probably be able to give you much more current information than what I've been able to read. My interest has been concern for my niece and her husband who might be spending their lives there.

I hope others join in here and discuss this.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:12-14 ASV  giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;  who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;  in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 07:17:49 AM »

I understand why you feel bad about them going to Zim. the expectantcy has acualy gone down to 38. On Saterday, in our classes we spoke about it. I will pray for them.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 06:40:03 AM »

ForHisGlory,

My little niece and her husband have already gone to several countries for familiarization of what missionaries do, and it doesn't scare her a bit. She's a tiny little woman, but she's strong in the Lord. Their first trip was to the jungle in Guatemala. It was there that we learned about what we have to pray for first. Her heart is so big that she saw all of the hungry people and started feeling guilty about eating. She fought a battle with anorexia during her last year of Bible college. I really understand this and can easily see there would have to be a dramatic effect in working directly with people who are starving to death, can't get medical treatment, and lack even the most basic necessities of life. They are trained to address physical and spiritual needs. After all, many people of the world need to be kept alive long enough to give them the Gospel of the Grace of God. They start to gain acceptance with the people they are working with by doing some of the most basic things you can imagine (i.e. safe water, clothing, basic medical attention, food, shelter, etc.).

I can't remember the name of the missionary organization that will sponsor them, but they've been supporting missionaries in the most dangerous portions of the world for over 50 years. A fairly large portion of my family have served as missionaries all over the world. It's amazing, most definitely God's Work, that all of them have raised children in the worst parts of the world, and God has kept all of them alive and well. The family knows that God has called them, so nobody tried to talk them out of it. It is simply the duty and joy of those living in safety to pray for them.

I sincerely appreciate your prayers. There are many thousands more just like them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:11-15 ASV  And the witness is this, that God gave unto us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.  These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.  And this is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:  and if we know that he heareth us whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 05:58:45 AM »

It always brings joy to me when I hear about families that worship together. I know that they will not be send anywhere without the proper preperation. Hubbie and me are studying to be evangilists.
God speed to them.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

ForHisGlory,

I was just reflecting on a question that directly impacts this issue. I've read many recent articles about the massive number of people dying in Africa because they can't get basic necessities of life, including food.

Here's the question:  How would most Christians feel if they knew that force would be the only way to provide these needs. We've sent aid, but it's pretty sure that only a small percentage is getting to the people who need it. In the meantime, we are still sending aid and many thousands are still dying every day.

I don't have a definite opinion on this question yet. I would have to pray about it. It boils down to - do we use force to deliver humanitarian aid if that's the only way to save many thousands of lives?

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:11-15 ASV  And the witness is this, that God gave unto us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath the life; he that hath not the Son of God hath not the life.  These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.  And this is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:  and if we know that he heareth us whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 02:01:24 AM »

Ever heard of sanctions? If the world steps up and say that no country is to supply anything to Zim, that will make a change. People are dying because of the aid not getting to them. Some of them have asked SA to stop the supply of electricity to Zim in the hope to improve the situation.
Sanctions, I mean a total clamp down on all imports, did wonders for SA. It will work for Zim too.
This is my opinion.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 11:08:52 AM »

Sanctions have worked in some cases. Currently there are many sanctions against Zimbabwe. The eu has placed financial sanctions against them. The U.S. has also placed sanctions against them. The UN is considering sanctions. Unfortunately not all governments are in agreement with this. Other S. African countries are against it and are supporting the Zimbabwe governments cause. China just signed a pact with Zimbabwe for support of Zimbabwe. In order for such sanctions to work all governments must support it.

Another problem with such sanctions is that the people that need assistance are going to suffer more because what resources are available in Zimbabwe will go to the government and none to the people that are already suffering. So even less aid will reach the already starving people. This will serve to kill many more of those that are already dying there.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 02:23:06 AM »

Another problem with such sanctions is that the people that need assistance are going to suffer more because what resources are available in Zimbabwe will go to the government and none to the people that are already suffering. So even less aid will reach the already starving people. This will serve to kill many more of those that are already dying there.

But the aid is not getting to them even now. They are dying as I write this post, because what you fear is already happening.
Africa will never be able to stand up against Zim. It is not the way that things work in the African culture. If the rest of the world is waiting for Soutern African counties to respond first, the situation will stay the same for ever. That is so  Cry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 07:11:55 AM »

But the aid is not getting to them even now. They are dying as I write this post, because what you fear is already happening.
Africa will never be able to stand up against Zim. It is not the way that things work in the African culture. If the rest of the world is waiting for Soutern African counties to respond first, the situation will stay the same for ever. That is so  Cry

That is what I mean. Sanctions will not change things. It will only make it worse. Can it get worse? Yes it is possible.

I don't believe that they are waiting for S. African countries to respond as many countries have already put sanctions in place. The problem comes in that not all countries will impose those sanctions. Sanctions can only work if all countries abide by it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 03:47:42 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm sad to say that it's my opinion that the only solution for this problem is force. I hate to even think about how many have already died. This should be a matter of shame for the entire free world.

Love in Christ,
Tom

John 15:12-13 ASV  This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you.  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 07:21:49 AM »

HOORAH AMERICA!!!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the