Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello All + Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello All + Question  (Read 1821 times)
zara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2003, 10:52:27 AM »

I am new here, so I might as well introduce myself. I am 22 years old and live in Hamburg (Germany) although I was born in Knoxville (TN). I have a question, and it goes a little something like this:

Are faithfull Jews who lived before Christ in heaven or in hell?
An extension of this question: what about those who lived before or after Christs teachings but were never told about them, or they heard lightly in reference but their society hindered rather than promoted them from talking to Jesus. When they died, where did they go (assuming that they were unbaptised but good people, very moral)?

Love,
Zara
John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 12:20:32 PM »

Hi, John here: Smiley
Welcome aboard. Your question is answered in Rom. 2:14-15 by inspiration. God takes everything into account. (see Eccl. 12:13-14) Lots of SAINTS will awaken from the grave while not knowing why! Matt. 7 tells of many more though that will not, yet, thinking that they should have!

But notice that these ones Paul tells us about 'are converted', but just do not know how or that it was done. ... "Law written [in] their hearts'! Try 2 Cor. 3:3 for the Epistle of Christ. His Character lived, HIS LETTER, not just a profession! (Faith & Works)

That brings one to your other question? We are accountable ONLY for what we are given. See Luke 12:47-48 for the REAL culprits. Surely we also are axccountable to 'find' Truth that is within our reasonable grasp. See Hosea 4:6. (these verses are from an old man's memory, so if they don't ckeck out at times, just tell me, ok?)

Real BELIEF ALWAYS has an Obedient WORK. See Acts 5:32
But that is not conpulsory. (Except because of LOVE) Born again real LOVE! Many Jews served God because of LOVE! The contrast is seen in John 12:42-43, these were REALLY BELIEVERS, not pretenders, but they made shipwreck, why?? read the verses & it will tell you. Where is their LOVE seen centered??

Hope that this helps?
---John

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 07:59:13 PM »

zara,

Welcome to this forum,

Hebrews 11, gives the names of all the men in the Hall of Faith according to the NT, it begins with Abel at verse 4, and ends at verse 37, with perhaps John the Baptist who was behaed by the sword, or Steven the first NT martyr, who was stoned, (Acts 7), and perhaps James, who was sawn asunder, according to tradition.

All these according to verse 39, "obtained a good report" according to the scriptures, and ;

40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect., there are many oithers referred to in this last

Where are they??, they sleep, until the resurrection.

These are all possessers of the same Faith as Abraham.  And according to the promise will be there, on the day all stand before the judgement seat of Christ, there are many others spoken of between verses 33-40,

For instrance at verse 33, I think of King David, and Daniel the prophet.

God Bless,
Petro

asaph
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 08:18:22 PM »

I am new here, so I might as well introduce myself. I am 22 years old and live in Hamburg (Germany) although I was born in Knoxville (TN). I have a question, and it goes a little something like this:

An extension of this question: what about those who lived before or after Christs teachings but were never told about them, or they heard lightly in reference but their society hindered rather than promoted them from talking to Jesus. When they died, where did they go (assuming that they were unbaptised but good people, very moral)?

Love,
Zara

Hi Zara,
Those are great questions.
God will be fair and just in whatever he does. In the Gospel of John chapter 1 we read this verse:

Joh 1:9  That was the true Light which lightens every man coming into the world.

God gives all people light, some see it and seek, others do not seek. To those that seek, Jesus promises they will find. To those that love darkness they remain in their darkness.

God Bless You,

asaph
asaph
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 08:42:41 PM »

Zara,
People who have died have not been resurrected yet. When they are, then they will be judged justly by Jesus Christ Himself. Those whose names are not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. Those whose names are written in the book of life will be judged also. Some of the latter group will suffer loss, others will receive a rich welcome, but this group will all be saved. Faithful Jews will no doubt be in the second group.

Blessings,

asaph
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 08:45:30 PM by asaph » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the