Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fish Bill Gutted; Now Smells Like Once-Defeated Homosexual 'Marriage' Legislat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fish Bill Gutted; Now Smells Like Once-Defeated Homosexual 'Marriage' Legislat  (Read 1288 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2005, 03:14:39 AM »

Fish Bill Gutted; Now Smells Like Once-Defeated Homosexual 'Marriage' Legislation

by Jody Brown
July 13, 2005

(AgapePress) - If it looks like a fisheries research bill and smells like a fisheries bill, chances are -- at least in California -- that it's a bill promoting homosexual "marriage." One family advocate in the Golden State calls the resurrection of the once-dead legislation "an abuse of process."

AB 849 originally dealt with California's fish and game code and with ocean and marine fishery research. It had been read before the State Assembly, passed, and sent on to the Senate. Now, after being gutted and amended in late June by San Francisco Assemblyman Mark Leno and his co-authors, it not only has completely new content dealing with "gender-neutral marriage," but a new title as well: the "Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act." (See mark-up of AB 849)

The bill, passed on a party-line vote yesterday (July 12) by the California Senate Judiciary Committee, would amend the state family code on marriage, replacing specific references to gender with the generic "person" or "persons." The bill now goes to the Senate Appropriations Committee before the full Senate could vote on it. A similar bill (AB 19) was defeated last month by the State Assembly.

Not surprisingly, Leno -- an open homosexual -- has no problem with the bill's transformation. "I understand there is at times a nefarious reputation to the gut-and-amend process," he tells Associated Press. "That is, rightfully, when it is used at the end of the session, sometimes in the dark of the night when public hearings are short-circuited. Nothing could be further from the truth with this bill."

Randy Thomasson, president of the Sacramento-based Campaign for Children and Families (CCF), was among those who testified against the bill before the Judiciary Committee. "It was an absurd hearing," he says bluntly.

"I reminded the committee members that Californians already voted to say only marriages between a man and a woman were valid in California," he says in reference to the March 2000 initiative approved by more than 60 percent of voters. He also pointed out to the committee that the California State Constitution expressly prohibits the Legislature from repealing the people's vote -- and that AB 489 violates that provision. But Democratic members of the Committee, he says, did not care.

According to Thomasson, Los Angeles Assemblyman Gil Cedillo said, "The people aren't always right. The constitution is a 'living' document." Fremont Assemblywoman Liz Figueroa responded, "It's time to celebrate the virtues this building offers us" -- and Sheila Kuehl of Santa Monica, one of the bill's co-authors, exclaimed: "I'm proud to be a lesbian!"

The CCF president calls AB 849 "an outrageous attack" on marriage, the voters of California, the state constitution, and democracy. "The Democrat politicians' homosexual marriage agenda trashing the people's vote demonstrates that California ... has become a dictatorship," he says. "This is why pro-family Californians must ... take the marriage protection battle into their own hands."

Toward that end, Thomasson is encouraging marriage traditionalists to support the Voters' Right to Protect Marriage Initiative by visiting the website VoteYesMarriage.com. That initiative calls for an amendment to the state constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. In addition, the amendment would protect all aspects of marriage -- licenses, rights, etc. -- from courts, government agencies, and government officials.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion03001.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:07:45 PM »

These articles just go to show that the government by the people for the proplr has become the government by the few for the few. It is past time for the people to rise up against these people, to demand that their rights stop being removed by these select few.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »

These articles just go to show that the government by the people for the proplr has become the government by the few for the few. It is past time for the people to rise up against these people, to demand that their rights stop being removed by these select few.

Hey PR,

Haven't I been saying this very same thing in some of my past posts?  It's going to take an uprising, and it will have some unwanted consequences, too.  The ramifications...........oh, I don't even want to think about it.

Like I said before...................head in sand sounds good about right now. Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

I personally think that the people should start a recall petition and get them out of office, even before the next election.

When the taxpayers speak with a vote, that's the end of the story. Those legislators trying to ramrod this through again were acting like rulers instead of representatives for the people. In short, those who forget that the people are in charge should be replaced as quickly as possible.

I think that I might be too shy on this subject.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »

head in sand

I think this is the reason why this country is in the condition it is. To many of us have put their heads in the sand to begin with.

An uprising does not necessarily mean going to arms against the government, although it could end up that way. An uprising should be people pulling together and let these people know that this is not acceptable. That if they do not return the government to its people that their jobs in government are over.

There are procedures for redress currently in place. There are few of us that actually use them. Most people are "too busy with other things" (mostly just complaining) to use these procedures or they take the lazy attitude of "it wouldn't do any good anyway". Then there are some that are so blind that they think such things have no effect on them, "I'm still free to do what I want" attitude.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 03:04:26 PM »

I personally think that the people should start a recall petition and get them out of office, even before the next election.

When the taxpayers speak with a vote, that's the end of the story. Those legislators trying to ramrod this through again were acting like rulers instead of representatives for the people. In short, those who forget that the people are in charge should be replaced as quickly as possible.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

hehe BEP............right.........you're a shy one, hehe!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 03:17:16 PM »

head in sand

I think this is the reason why this country is in the condition it is. To many of us have put their heads in the sand to begin with.

An uprising does not necessarily mean going to arms against the government, although it could end up that way. An uprising should be people pulling together and let these people know that this is not acceptable. That if they do not return the government to its people that their jobs in government are over.

There are procedures for redress currently in place. There are few of us that actually use them. Most people are "too busy with other things" (mostly just complaining) to use these procedures or they take the lazy attitude of "it wouldn't do any good anyway". Then there are some that are so blind that they think such things have no effect on them, "I'm still free to do what I want" attitude.

I think you are partially right PR about the "head in the sand part."  The problem could also be that not all people are called to be aggressive in this area.  For sure, we need more of them, but hasn't it always been like this?  Not all people are called to run for office.  Not all people are politicians.  What I have noticed though is this..............most people seem to be called to complain. Grin er, well maybe "not called", but complain they do.  I think it all starts at home and then the public schools.  From early on, I think children need to know they have a responsibility to contribute to society.  I don't think this is happening, maybe in some families, but not in most.  Here's where the problem lies, hence some apathetic adults.  I really don't know what it's going to take to change these things.  I think some people have tried in the past, but weren't successful for a variety of reasons.  One being that they get contaminated once in office, and almost can't do what they would like to.  I don't have any ready examples for you because I think it's like an osmosis thing that happens.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 03:19:18 PM »

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen, Brother Tom. That is exactly what I mean by an uprising of the people.

The natural cure for an ill-administration, in a popular or representative constitution, is a change of men.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 21, 1787

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 03:51:16 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »

Pastor Roger,

The people of California already used a recall petition to remove a Governor recently. Removing some legislators shouldn't be that big of a problem if that's what the people want.

A Constitutional Convention would be the ultimate answer for the entire country. That would take many petitions and work by many thousands of people who are determined to return to government by the people and for the people. It would be a lengthy and difficult process, but I think that it would be worth the trouble. All of the major issues of our times could be addressed all at once and made part of the Constitution. Anything that passed through such a process would effect all branches of government and every law passed for many years to come. If the people decided that members of the Supreme Court would have term limits and/or be elected, that would become the law of the land. Whatever passed through the Constitutional Convention process would not be subject to the whims of activist or rogue judges if the proper language was used that removed all doubts about what the people demanded.

I might add that just the threat of a Constitutional Convention would scare the ACLU and ultra-left half to death. The ability for a tiny percentage of the population to dictate matters to the vast majority could be removed forever. The down-side of a Constitutional Convention involves tremendous energy by many people, large amounts of time (probably years), and many billions of dollars to accomplish. However, many issues could be addressed that would return the investment quickly (i.e. flat tax - dissolve the IRS). We could even remove some of the politics from politics.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 35:9  And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the