Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Deep Impact"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Deep Impact"  (Read 919 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2005, 11:55:33 PM »

How DID God DO that?  

I’m one who’s interest in science is sometimes intense – I love to learn how God makes things work. As I was perusing the great www today I came across the article about “Deep Impact” (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=884285) – that’s what prompted this tirade.  

I started to reflect that in most all major news stories the credit for the yearning to discover new things through science – particularly as it applies to space exploration – is justified as a “search for the origins of the universe”.  Wow!  How grand does THAT sound?  

But what does it really mean?  What is the statement really saying or asking?  You hear the words time and time again, and it’s nothing new – you can’t really credit the liberal humanist movement of the last two decades.  It was a phrase that was used on TV when I was a kid watching those brave men walk on the moon.  

When I hear it, the meaning to me is not at all secular.  I hear the phrase as a metaphor for man trying to figure out “How did God do that?”  I believe most people think about it the same way I do.  When we are searching for the ‘origins of the universe’ what we are really trying to figure out is exactly how God built it.  That’s exciting to me.  

I know the secular crowd attempts to use science to disprove the disprovable, but that’s a personal problem they need to work out with God.  

You see, science tells us that for a diamond to be created, without the power of God, it takes millions of years of intense geothermal pressure on a lump of coal.  Without the power of God, it would have taken the Colorado River forever and a day to erode the Grand Canyon out of the Arizona desert.  Whoa!  How powerful IS our God to have made diamonds and the Grand Canyon in a day or two??!!!  

Those first few days, God was busy!

Genesis 1:1-10:  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.  God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.  God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water."  So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it.  And it was so.  God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so.  God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

When I hear the secularists unknowingly defining the power of God by telling us exactly (in their best guess  Lips Sealed ) how long and under what conditions it would take for things to form without Him, it can give me chills on a hot summer day.  

Al Einstein explained:
“Science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”

Einstein also said:
“Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."
And:
"Unquestionably:  No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus.  His personality pulsates in every word.  No myth is filled with such life."

Of course – you won’t find these Einstein quotes in any of today’s (or yesterday’s!) science books.  That is such a disservice to us and our children.  

I look forward to reading about the results of the ‘Deep Impact’ project.  I am anxious to learn more of the awesome power of God.  

Forgive my ranting - I'm home alone so I get all these things caught up in my head - if I don't let it out I'll pop like a soap bubble.  

EEEEYYUUUUUUUUU!!!  Who'd clean up THAT mess!??  Grin

God bless all!
JudgeNot

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 12:34:15 AM »

EEEEYYUUUUUUUUU!!!  Who'd clean up THAT mess!??

Not me!  Lips Sealed  I have a hard enough time cleaning up my own messes.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

I saw this article the other day. My instant thought was all they have to do is to look around them with their eyes open and they would have the answer to their question. It isn't necessary to spend all the money to see the obvious.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the