Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  David
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: David  (Read 8879 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 04:13:25 AM »

Brother Ollie,

David is a good Christian role model for all of us. David wasn't perfect, and none of us are. David committed sin, and all of us do.

BUT, David continually prayed for guidance and forgiveness. David sought the will of God to the extent that he was known as a man after the Heart of God. So, David was forgiven.

It would be wonderful if all Christians had the heart of David, continually seeking the will of God and trying to please God in our daily lives. When we fail, stumble, and sin, we should know that sin hurts GOD, and we should pray for forgiveness. David was a man of prayer, and GOD loves to hear our prayers. Our prayers are an example of our love and respect for our Heavenly Father. We are HIS children, and we should know what makes HIM happy. What we do or don't do many times hurt our Heavenly Father, much like a misbehaving child - doing something that we know is wrong.

As Christians, we have fellowship with Christ, and the quality of that fellowship results from what we do, what we say, how we act, how often we seek the Will of God, and how often we obey the Will of God. Obviously, our Joy in Christ will be more full when we yield to GOD, make HIM the center focus of our lives, and have HIM as LORD over everything we do and say.

Like David, may we all seek fullness of JOY in GOD and yield to HIS Will!

Love in Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 03:25:55 PM »

The first time David publicly displayed his courage was when, as an inexperienced boy armed with only a stick and a few stones, he confronted the nine-foot, bronze armored Philistine giant, Goliath of Gath. After skilled warriors had cowered in fear for 40 days, David made a slingshot, invoked God’s name, and killed the giant. After this, Saul took David on as commander of his troops and David formed a close friendship with Saul’s son, Jonathan.

David was successful in battle against the Philistines and this aroused the jealousy of Saul, who tried to kill David by throwing a spear at him. David stayed with Saul, however, and Saul offered him his own daughter, Merav, as a wife. He later reneged on his promise, but offered David his second daughter, Michal, in exchange for the foreskins of 100 Philistines, a price that David paid.***

***http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/David.html

« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 01:44:02 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 09:07:48 PM »

David had in his heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord and for the footstool of god and was getting ready to build it.

However God said, no, to David's building a house for His name, because David was a warrior and had shed blood.

God told David that Solomon his son shall build His house. God chose Solomon for the task/work. David advises Solomon to heed God, be strong and do it.

David through the Spirit of God had all the patterns and plans for the sanctuary Solomon would build. He had prepared all the precious metals to be used, gold silver, brass, etc. David gave all these materials, plans and patterns for God's house to Solomon with the encouragement that the Lord God would be with Him in the endeavor.

All the people were at Solomon's command to build the temple to house the ark of the covenant of the Lord.

1 Chronicles 28

ollie
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:13:07 PM by ollie » Logged

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 07:18:38 AM »

The Psalms of David:

A base for Martin Luther's hymn, "A Mighty Fortress is Our God".

Psalms 18:2

Psalms 46

Martin Luther, 1529
Translated by Frederick H. Hedge, 1853:

A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing;
our helper he amid the flood of mortal ills prevailing.
For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe;
his craft and pow’r are great; and armed with cruel hate,
on earth is not his equal.

Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing;
were not the right man on our side, the man of God’s own choosing.
Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is he,
Lord Sabaoth his name, from age to age the same,
and he must win the battle.

And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us,
we will not fear, for God hath willed his truth to triumph through us.
The prince of darkness grim, we tremble not for him;
his rage we can endure, for lo! his doom is sure;
one little word shall fell him.

That Word above all earthly pow’rs, no thanks to them, abideth;
the Spirit and the gifts are ours through him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also;
the body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still;
his kingdom is forever.

ollie

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 02:34:13 PM »

AMEN OLLIE!

If I'm not mistaken, beautiful portions of Scripture from Psalms were the inspiration for many precious Hymns.

I have many portions of favorite Scriptures in Psalms that I like to read frequently.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:24 NASB  O LORD, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; The earth is full of Your possessions.

Psalms 62:1 NASB  My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.

Psalms 120:1 NASB  In my trouble I cried to the LORD, And He answered me.

Psalms 107:6 NASB  Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble; He delivered them out of their distresses.

Psalms 139:9-10 NASB  If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Psalms 18:46 NASB  The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock; And exalted be the God of my salvation,

Psalms 18:35 NASB  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

Psalms 139:4 NASB  Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

(Brother, there is strength, comfort, wisdom, praise, and worship in the Psalms. Every Christian should read the Psalms often, not just during times of distress and need.)

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 10:14:29 AM »

The Holy Ghost speaking through David prophesied concerning Judas and his being replaced:

Acts 1:16.  "Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
 17.  For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
 18.  Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
 19.  And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
 20.  For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take."

David also spoke of the Christ:

Acts 2:25.  "For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
 26.  Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
 27.  Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 28.  Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance."

David knew from an oath God swore to him that the Christ would come out of the fruit of his loins and would raise Him up to sit on David's throne:

Acts 2: 29.  "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 30.  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
 31.  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption."

This God has done and has fulfilled all David's prophecies concerning Jesus Christ:

Acts 2:32.  "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
 33.  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the Promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
 34.  For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
 35.  Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
 36.  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Praise God,
ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 10:14:20 AM »

The Psalmist, David, hints at God's power over the grave.

Psalms 16:8.  "I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
 9.  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
 10.  For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 11.  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

Peter refers to this Psalm in Acts 2:25-28 and in Acts 13:33-37.

ollie

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the