Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  some advice please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: some advice please  (Read 1906 times)
winnie pooh

a sheep who needs a shepherd

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:59:16 PM »

Hi there
I am new to this site and I think that it is a blessing that I found it.I have been going through alot over the 3.5 years that I've been married. I have been through physical and emotional abuse and have left home 4 times.

My husband professes to be saved but I have my doubts. He still swears at me although the physical abuse has stopped.
Please give some advice.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:04:53 PM »

You both should seek some professional counselling to ensure that any verbal abuse stops and that physical abuse will not occur again.  Ask your pastor for a referall.

You and your husband need to understand why he is swearing at you.  Is his anger caused by your actions or attitudes or some other situation such as work?  Regardless of any reason for his anger, he should understand that swearing at you hurts you and dishonours you.  You must also examine your behaviours and attitudes that dishonour your husband.  For example:  are you neglecting agreed upon chores or responsibilites because you are angry with your husband?  Are misunderstandings or lack of communication causing the problems that result in angry behaviour?  

Does your husband swear at others as well as you?  If it is a bad habit, it can be broken.  Spending some time praying together and reading scriptures can be helpful.  I hope that you will both find comfort and help in the Lord.
Baastetnoir

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 03:37:35 PM »

Hi there
I am new to this site and I think that it is a blessing that I found it.I have been going through alot over the 3.5 years that I've been married. I have been through physical and emotional abuse and have left home 4 times.

My husband professes to be saved but I have my doubts. He still swears at me although the physical abuse has stopped.
Please give some advice.

To be honest if he professes to be saved, and treats you like that, he is both lying to you and God...
Im not sure if its worth it staying with a man like that...i think you'll have to look in your heart and see if he is really who you need. Did he treat you like that before the marriage or did it start only after ?

If he treated you like that before the marriage, than you made a big mistake marrying him... if it only started afterwards than he lied to you and you have a good reason to leave.

But its finally up to you if you want to keep putting up with that, and keep forgiving him as things go around in a circle...

hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:10:59 PM »

May the Lord hide you in the shadow of his wings! and cover you with his precious blood!
I will be keeping you in my prayers. I advise that you pray to the Lord to show you his perfect and clear path for your life, and that you seriously get into his word. He loves you and wants you to prosper. He will uphold you with His righteous hand, and he will not let your foot slip.
May you be blessed by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
No one whose hope is in the Lord will ever be put to shame (Psalm 25:3).  Cheesy

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 10:02:57 PM »

I know from personal experience that abuse does not stop without intervention.  I also know that the longer you let him get away with this behavior, the worse he will get.  You've already proven to him that you're not going to leave because you've come back four times.  What I did was LEAVE and STAYED GONE ... it was painful, it hurt my heart, but I just don't believe that our Father God wants us to be abused - whether we're married to the person or not.  I know I did the right thing - for me.  I will keep you in prayer.

Blessings -

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the