Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Military Troops in War
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Military Troops in War  (Read 1460 times)
SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2005, 03:42:57 AM »

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Please take extra time this weekend and pray for our US soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Decisions made in the coming weeks will effect thousands of military lives.  Also, there are Iraqi people who ask for American prayers.  Please, let us respond in the compassion Jesus exemplified.  

If you are interested in updates, I can share some prayer requests and praise reports in general terms appropriate for CU.  Let me know if you want this.  If we all pray, I believe God will accomplish His mission in Iraq.

Thank you
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:14:42 PM »

I join you in those prayers.

There is much going on in the world right now that people need to wake up to, get on their knees and pray. There is no time like the present that this is more true.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:16:18 PM »

You got it SelahJoy, they are on my prayer list.
God bless you for your effort for them.
Jim

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 09:43:32 PM »

There is much going on in the world right now that people need to wake up to, get on their knees and pray. There is no time like the present that this is more true.

I agree.  Acts 16:25,26,30,31!  I have great expectations! In Jesus' name...
SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 09:48:02 PM »

You got it SelahJoy, they are on my prayer list.
God bless you for your effort for them.
Jim

JudgeNot,

Thank you so much.  I am so encouraged that you replied!  God is awesome, and I trust He will bless us all with His presence!

selahjoy*
SelahJoy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 03:52:27 AM »

Praying for a country at war, specifically for one as volatile as in the middle east, more specifically Iraq, has prompted some thought as to God's will as it relates to prophesy and spiritual warfare.  Furthermore, there have been times when in prayer, the thought crossed my mind that I was displaying audacity, or stupidity, to go against such long-lasting, evil powers as those having Iraq in its grasp.

My hope is to understand the authority we each have in Christ to pray--even for a warring country.  Recently, I discovered some original words and their meanings.  "Archai" is the word for the "rulers/principalities," such as the "prince" over Percia. (Dan 10:13,20)  Aparently, there are high-level ranking evil princes who are set over nations.  Next, there are "exousia" who are evil powers over natural governments.  They have "dunamis" power over human structures and cultures.  The root word "kosmokratoras," holds the meaning for all common afflictions against mankind.  Conditions like fear, sickness, and sinful activities are examples where the influence of kosmokratoras, or evil spiritual forces, seemingly prevail.

As we pray for our military and Iraqi citizens, I am meditating upon the authority that we have in Christ.   I never want to be out of God's authority when praying for people in such deadly circumstances as the Iraqi situation is, so I read these verses as evidence of the power given to us to pray.  Eph 2:6 places us above the prinicipalities and powers.  This indicates that we are above the "archai" and the "exousia" and the "kosmokratoras."  No matter how much dunamis power they display, our Lord has more!

Phil 2:9-11 has provided us with confidence that Jesus is the highest authority and all others must submit to Him.  Col 1:13-20 contains the word "all" at least six times.  I find this awe inspiring to consider the all-inclusive authority that Jesus has over each individual life, as well as over regions and nations.  Rev 12:11 is teaching me that there is power in the blood of Jesus!  Before the war, and even before I became a Christian, I baulked at the thought that anyone would say there is power in blood.  However, now that I am a Christian and accept the word of God as infallible, I want to pray for people.  When praying for soldiers in harms way, I broke that resistance to those words in that I realized that these young people are quite likely to be covered with their own or other's blood should I lose heart (authority) in prayer.  It is for this reason, that I came to pray for the covering of Jesus' blood over a soldier.  Can anyone help me better understand the meaning of these words?

Thank you for praying.  As a praise report, I have heard of one soldier, PJ, who has re-dedicated his life to Jesus Christ.  He is on the frontlines.  Thank you for your prayers.

selahjoy*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the