Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FATHERS DAY: A TRIBUTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FATHERS DAY: A TRIBUTE  (Read 2509 times)
Joey

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2005, 02:16:50 PM »

As we approach Fathers day this coming weekend, i thought i would share a devotional that i receive from Max Lucado ministries by email. Hope it blesses you as much as it did me.
My own Father passed away 3 years ago and boy do i still miss him but thank God that he placed a wonderful model of a father in the first 40 years of my life.

Joey

FATHERS DAY: A TRIBUTE
by Max Lucado

Today is Father's Day.

For thirty-one years I had one of the best. But now he's gone. He's buried under an oak tree in a west Texas cemetery. Even though he's gone, his presence is very near especially today.

It seems strange that he isnt here. I guess thats because he was never gone. He was always close by. Always available. Always present. His words were nothing novel. His achievements, though admirable, were nothing extraordinary.
But his presence was.

Summer vacation, Homecoming dates, algebra, first car, driveway basketball, they all had one thing in common: his presence.

And because he was there life went smoothly. The car always ran, the bills got paid, and the lawn stayed mowed. Because he was there the laughter was fresh and the future was secure. Because he was there my growing up was what God intended growing up to be.

Because he was there we kids never worried about things like income tax, savings accounts, monthly bills or mortgages. Those were the things on Daddys desk.

He made the decisions, broke up the fights, chuckled at Archie Bunker, read the paper every evening, and fixed breakfast on Sundays. He didnt do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do be there.

He taught me how to shave and how to pray. He modeled the importance of getting up early and of staying out of debt.

He comes to mind often. When I smell Old Spice after-shave, I think of him. When I see a bass boat I see his face.

Daddy never said a word to me about sex nor told me his life story. But I knew that if I ever wanted to know, he would tell me. All I had to do was ask. And I knew if I ever needed him, he'd be there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the