Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:35:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Satan asks why....?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Satan asks why....?  (Read 4088 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:07:36 PM »

The very first effort of Satan to overthrow God's law ...undertaken among the sinless inhabitants of heaven ...seemed for a time crowed with success.
  A vast number of the angels were seduced, but Satan's apparent triumph resulted in defeat and loss ....separation of God ...and banishment from heaven.

When the conflict was renewed upon earth, Satan again won a seeming advantage. By transgression, man became his captive, and man's kingdom also was betrayed into the hands of the archrebel.
  Now the way seemed open for Satan to establish an independant Kingdom, and to defy the authority of God and his son.
  But the plan of salvation made it possible for man again to be brought into harmony with God, and to render obedience to his law.

Again Satan was defeated, and again he resorted to deception, in the hope of converting his defeat into victory.
   To stir up rebellion in the fallen race, he now represented God as unjust in permitting man to transgress his law.

"Why", he said, when God knew what would be the result, did He permit man to be placed on trial, to sin, and to bring in misery, suffering and death?"

"THere are thousands today echoing the same rebellious complaint against God.

They do not see that to deprive man of the freedom of choice would rob him of his prrogative as an intelligent being, and to make him a mere robotic creature.
 It is not God's purpose to force the will. Man was created as a free moral agent.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 04:49:35 PM »

DD,

You said;

The very first effort of Satan to overthrow God's law.

What was God's Law, you reference herein??

Petro

ollie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 05:02:37 PM »

DD,

You said;

Petro

DD,

In like question what law is this?

But the plan of salvation made it possible for man again to be brought into harmony with God, and to render obedience to his law
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 02:45:34 PM by ollie » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 06:36:05 PM »

The earthly Sanctuary was a PATTERN (blueprint so to speak) after the heavenly Sanctuary. Luciffer was once one of the covering cherubs over the heavenly Ark of God that held His ten Commandments Everlasting Covenant. The Ark has & had the MERCY Seat over it. (the Everlasting Gospel's Plan of the GodHead=Everlasting Gospel)

In Rev. we see that God permitted John to SEE INSIDE the Sanctuary of the Great Original's MOST HOLY PLACE, and there inside he saw the Ark of God.

When John was sent an angel from heaven, he was aw'struck, and fell down at the angels feet! And he was quickly reprimanded & told by the angel himself that he was as the prophets, and that no one was to be worshiped but God! (first four) BUT it did not END there, he also told him that THESE ALL KEPT THE SAYINGS OF THE BOOK! (the Word of God, ALL of it!)

We remember that when Christ died, the Vail went rent from top to bottom by an unseen hand making the way into THE MOST HOLY PLACE in heaven itself. And again the Ark of God is inside the Throne Room of the GodHead. And Christ is our High Priest in the Most Holy Place of heaven itself. (that end is not finished yet!)

---John

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 08:49:22 PM »

DD,

You said;

Petro
"...the devil...he was a murderer from the begining and abode not in the truth...for he is a liar and the father of it", (John 8:44).
 Now, what law is it that says: "Thou shalt not kill"?
  What Law says: "Thou shalt not lie" ?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 12:31:09 AM »

DD,

That law, wasn't given 'till 500 years after Abraham, where there is is no law there is no transgression. (Rom 4)

I ask again, what law of God, are you refering that Satan tried to overthrow??

Petro

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:04:35 PM »

The very first effort of Satan to overthrow God's law ...undertaken among the sinless inhabitants of heaven ...seemed for a time crowed with success.
  A vast number of the angels were seduced, but Satan's apparent triumph resulted in defeat and loss ....separation of God ...and banishment from heaven.

When the conflict was renewed upon earth, Satan again won a seeming advantage. By transgression, man became his captive, and man's kingdom also was betrayed into the hands of the archrebel.
  Now the way seemed open for Satan to establish an independant Kingdom, and to defy the authority of God and his son.
  But the plan of salvation made it possible for man again to be brought into harmony with God, and to render obedience to his law.

Again Satan was defeated, and again he resorted to deception, in the hope of converting his defeat into victory.
   To stir up rebellion in the fallen race, he now represented God as unjust in permitting man to transgress his law.

"Why", he said, when God knew what would be the result, did He permit man to be placed on trial, to sin, and to bring in misery, suffering and death?"

"THere are thousands today echoing the same rebellious complaint against God.

They do not see that to deprive man of the freedom of choice would rob him of his prrogative as an intelligent being, and to make him a mere robotic creature.
 It is not God's purpose to force the will. Man was created as a free moral agent.

For the most part, I would agree-this is a very insightful assessment. What I would add is that man is not totally free anymore since the curse, for man is still under it and after coming to CHrist we still have the old nature. That's why Paul says, "That which I want to do, I cannot do, and that which I do not wnat to do, this I keep on doing." The key difference is GOd's sovereignty. "For many are called, few are chosen." And then with God's new Spirit in us, we become obedient, but not perfectly. We no longer have perfect choice, because of the corrupted flesh. But GOd always works in harmony with our wills, either by granting us willingness or breaking us down to willingness rather than letting us perish.

John the Baptist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 02:31:36 PM »

DD,

That law, wasn't given 'till 500 years after Abraham, where there is is no law there is no transgression. (Rom 4)

Are you sincere? How can one believe that you are when you quote the above verse that PROVED that 's'atan SINNED, & ADAM!!??? +++CAIN! (READ Heb. 13:20) Then you ask by what LAW?HuhHuh Any honest one can KNOW what law the Angel from heaven was talking about in Rev. 22:8-9!
---John

Petro
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 03:03:30 PM »

DD,

Petro

Youchers! Well, anyway, the law Paul is talking about is for man, and the context in which that verse is written does not apply here. Satan is clearly not man and was thrown out of heaven for a reason, that is his rebellion against God.

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 09:39:58 PM »

DD,

Petro
You're kiddin me, right ?
 You just answered it....'where there is no law...there is no transgression'.
  If Satan was a liar from the begining....there had to be a law that said: "Thou shall not lie"
 No one can break a law, if there is no law (where there is no law...there is no transgression).

I'm not going to say God had the 10 commandments in heaven......BUT, there had to be some form of law.
 God's very words are law, if that helps.

And since you brought up the subject of abraham.....look at Genesis 26:5....."BECAUSE ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE...MY COMMANDMENTS....MY LAWS"

Where you got the idea that the commandments of God were started 5oo years after Abraham ....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 09:46:51 PM by DareDevil » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 08:13:48 AM »

DD,

Petro
  If Satan was a liar from the begining....there had to be a law that said: "Thou shall not lie"
 No one can break a law, if there is no law (where there is no law...there is no transgression).

Hummm?

Quote: I'm not going to say God had the 10 commandments in heaven......BUT, there had to be some form of law.

John here: What kind of angel was John talking to in Rev. 22:8-10?? (or Psalms 103:*18-20)
"For I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethern the Prophets, [AND OF THEM WHICH KEEP THE SAYINGS OF THIS BOOK: WORSHIP GOD]."

Are not ALL of the Prophets (+ angels) SUBJECT TO THE PROPHETS? See 1 Cor. 14:32. You know, THY WORD IS TRUTH??  ----J/t/B/

And since you brought up the subject of abraham.....look at Genesis 26:5....."BECAUSE ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE...MY COMMANDMENTS....MY LAWS"

Where you got the idea that the commandments of God were started 5oo years after Abraham ....

Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 10:22:15 PM »

DD,

Petro

I'm not going to say God had the 10 commandments in heaven......BUT, there had to be some form of law.

Such reasoned thinking will not win many friends hereabouts.

Take care

Hitch
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 04:29:18 PM »

"UNPOPULAR TRUTH"   versus   "POPULAR ERROR"

The truth is never received as readily as a lie.
 That's why Satan is so successful...."SATAN, Which deceives the 'whole' world", (Revelation 12:9).

The Bible tells us the Satan is trying to act as 'Director' of the Christian world, (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).

Has he not already place Sunday as his day of worship before the people ?
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 09:12:32 PM »

And you were doing so well...
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2003, 07:30:35 PM »

And you were doing so well...
Now, don't tell me that the comment about the Sunday being of Satanic origin upset you ?

I mean after all...any student of scripture knows about Daniel 7:25...."THINK TO CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS"...as refering to an Anti-Christ(ian)  power that changed of the 7th day Sabbath to...Sunday.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the